• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

WTC airplane photo

A

Anonymous

A few days ago, I was tearfully shown by my boyfriend's sister a photo of a tourist getting hid photo snapped, just as a low-flying plane becomes visible behind him. It explains that this pic was developed from a camera fpund amongst the rubble after the disasters, and that this picture was snapped seconds before the first plane hit the towers.

I took a look at "snopes.com" for the first time yesterday, because I'd been hearing about it a lot on this site and I am interested in urban legends, and saw that this picture was debunked. There are numerous things that point to it being a fake.

Now, I can't help but feel angry and sad. I love a good prank / urban legend as much as anyone else, possibly more. However, I find it disturbing that someone would go to the trouble of creating this picture and sending it out. I know that the "best" pranks prey on people's emotions and excitability, but I was more than a little grossed out by it all. It was wrenching enough seeing the picture and having even a shred of wondering if it was real or not, contemplating that, but it felt terrible all over again to know that it was made up. I don't really know how I should feel.

Sigh. I am just so tired of all this fear and anger. :(

People deal with stress in different ways. I'm amazed there aren't a whole bunch of tasteless jokes about it yet, although I'm sure there will be in a couple weeks.

Remember how quickly Challenger disaster jokes sprang up? People respond to extreme stress through humor. That's why people laugh when they're nervous.

Meh. *shrug*

There are V.tasteless jokes about the WTC disaster going about.

I've been told at least 6 different ones verbally, and had several more by txt message.

Who thinks these up? Cos they just aren't funny!!!!:mad:

Back