• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
A

Anonymous

The X-Files

I have been watching the new X-Files on BBC 2 and see that Mulder has'nt come out off the UFO yet i was just wondering if anyone knows if he is coming back into the X-Files or has that new bloke took over him? It wont be the same with out the same old Mulder :(

Gota say though its looking a bit intersesting :D

:madeyes: This is not the apropriate place to post a thread about a fictional TV program. This is about ufology, don't confuse fact and fiction.

But if you really want to know, get sky one - they are way ahead in the series... something to do with Fox being part of the Murdoch empire.

This thread belongs in the Chat section of the page.
You guys in the UK must be way behind as i remember seeing an ad talking about how they are showing the last series ever of the X files on tv. Seems like noone is really interested in the show anymore, it was a great show when it first came out but lost its apeal when the storys merged into each other week by week.

Agree it should be in the chat section - just trying to put him out of his misery with a relevent answer :)

it was a great show when it first came out but lost its apeal when the storys merged into each other week by week.

Agreed

You guys in the UK must be way behind

BBC are behind as another channel has rights to show the series first (Sky 1 - another Murdoch channel like Fox) on sat and cable.

ninja said:
Agree it should be in the chat section - just trying to put him out of his misery with a relevent answer :)

He comes back in the last couple of epsiodes, and then the whole thing finishes. Unless they manage another movie.
Personally I lost interest about five years ago. Smallville is far superior and Lex Luthor rocks :)

Don't worry, I won't go on about different eps, I have my own MB for X Files discussion and Duchovny drooling. lol
I was just wondering though, if there are any other X Philes here?

I'm not a 'phile' but I did enjoy the first few series of it.
Seeing as you seem to be an expert on X-Files, I have a query.
I need to know which episode/s dealt with Scully having noticed the implant [?] in her neck.
You know?

I want to see that episode again, do not wish to 'hunt' through a million episodes to find it though.

:p

-=[ FiK ]=-

That would be The Blessing Way. It was the first ep of season 3 and the 2nd part of a three part story which started at the end of season 2.

*shuffles away embarrassed that she knew that* :eek: Hehe

Yeah, I love the series. I think it's attention drifted a little around about series five/six, but it soon got it's act together again. My fave series will always be the first and second though, by a whisker.

What do you reckon to Doggett? - for my part, he's suitably different to Mulder to make it work, and the narrative has proved itself strong enough to survive such a major upheaval.

Two major differences between the X-Files and Buffy:

1. Everybody gets it on in Buffy.
Nobody gets it on in the X-Files, unless they're being abused by aliens.

2. At the end of a really good episode of Buffy you want to jump out of your chair, punch the air and yell, "YES!"
At the end of a really complicated episode of the X-Files, you want to throw your hands in the air and mutter, "What was that all about?"

I was a big fan of the X files in the early day, when it was loosely based on real paronormal activities, but it tunred poop and very far fetched, my wife still loves it though and has all the DVD's and what not. but saying this i do think i'll be buying the new 'nothing interesting happend today' as it looks OK.

I am proud to say that I watched the X-Files since it's very first episode aired on Sky One and that although I'm sad to see it ending the way it has I will miss it.
Buffy and Angel are good but they're really the chart music, pop style television the X-Files is a lot more intelligence based.

I was hooked from the first ep too, River Styx. :)

I'm glad I'm not the only one here.
The conspiracy theory became very convoluted along the way and I think that's where it lost a lot of its casual viewers.

I was deeply upset when they lost Mulder, but Doggett has proved his worth in several eps. I like Agent Reyes too, although the new eps are more like X Files the next generation. I was sure I wouldn't like season 9 at all, but the last one about alternative universes was riveting. A murderer was going into a parallel universe to carry out his killings so that he never got caught. Very interesting.

I have the DVDs too MrC, all the boxed sets so far. :D

I was quite happy to see Mulder go to be honest. Well not the character but David Duchovny was looking increasingly bored with every episode he appeared in.
Doggett for me was what the show needed, fresh blood offering a new take and a kick arse attitude. The same goes for Reyes. But the best part for me has always been the Lone Gunmen, they're just so cool...I wanted to be a member when they first appeared...

Well, it's pretty hard not to like little Melvin Frohike. :D
I hope Sky shows the Lone Gunmen series some time. I know it was shortlived but I'd still like to see it. It was quite funny apparently.

It's going to be on the Sc-Fi channel but I can't remember what day....
I think my favourite episode of the X-Files has to be Home that family freaked me out. Either that or Clyde Burckman's Final Repose but there are so many to choose from...*sighs*

I don't have the Sci Fi channel. Oh well.
My favourite ep would have to be Bad Blood with the vampire pizza delivery boy and the way the story is so well told in two parts from each character's POV. Brilliant and incredibly funny. :D

i watched the first series and lost interest when it got al linto B movie horror and such.... The story of how the smokeing man became the way he is made the wife cry! it was very well done, but i find it too silly nowdays realy (about on the same level as Buffy)

River_Styx said:
It's going to be on the Sc-Fi channel but I can't remember what day....
I think my favourite episode of the X-Files has to be Home that family freaked me out. Either that or Clyde Burckman's Final Repose but there are so many to choose from...*sighs*

'Tis on tonight (Monday) at 9 p.m. Must dash, got to get a beer and settle down to watch it.:)

I watched "Lone Gunmen" last week, I was looking forward to it. Sadly it was shite. The main reason being the grafted-on "pouty babe" character that all SciFi series have to have now (it's in their contracts) was the worst actor since Adam Rickett. Also, they refused to show the first episode because of "the events of September 11th", so had to do this ludicrous synopsis of it. I believe it was shown in the US? Do they think we can't take it?

beakboo said:
Do they think we can't take it?

Actually, they did you a favor by not showing it...
it was really THAT BAD!

I saw the pilot as a preview episode several months
before it aired... it was still unfinished, but as soon
as they started talking about the "Pentium-like"
computer chip that was already being installed in planes,
even my "suspension of disbelief" was gone!
I just couldn't bring myself to watch another episode.

That show had so much promise, but the politics
in the studio just got in the way (again!)

TVgeek

I watched "Lone Gunmen" last week, I was looking forward to it. Sadly it was shite.
That's a pity. The X-Files entertainment value always used to go up a couple of notches when they came in on an `op.'

beakboo said:
I watched "Lone Gunmen" last week, I was looking forward to it. Sadly it was shite. The main reason being the grafted-on "pouty babe" character that all SciFi series have to have now (it's in their contracts) was the worst actor since Adam Rickett. Also, they refused to show the first episode because of "the events of September 11th", so had to do this ludicrous synopsis of it. I believe it was shown in the US? Do they think we can't take it?

I blame Star Trek and their passion for body stockings...Or Kirk and his girdle fetish.

I watched last night's episode of Lone Gunmen more out of "giving it a second chance" than anything else. It had a lot of potential but they (with a small "t" not a capital "T" ;) ) seem to have lost the fun and charm that they had when the gunmen were part of the X-Files. :(

Might still carry on watching it, though. It is supposed to improve, and it only lasts for another ~7(?) episodes. (Got killed off mid-season.)

I loved it for the first few years, didn't miss an episode. I lost interest though as it went on and haven't seen an episode in the last couple of years, (pretty much since the movie came out). The Lone Gunmen episodes were great, but the series wasn't as good, I only saw a few of them. "Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space!"" is one of my favorite episodes. (Oh, and that Gillian Anderson is still one beautiful woman :D ). yumm....

sureshot

Hmm. I had a bit of a thing for Agent Scully, at one time, I must admit. But then I met Willow.

AndroMan said:
Hmm. I had a bit of a thing for Agent Scully, at one time, I must admit. But then I met Willow.

Willow? Eeew no, any fool can see that Faith is the best thing to ever appear in Buffy.

Back