• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Rynner, you can never have enough X Files threads! That's why I have my own MB. :D

The ep where CSM was acting all seductive with Scully :)cross eye ) was En Ami. The Pine Bluff Variant involved Mulder going undercover with a gang, without Scully knowing he was undercover. Lots of ppl getting killed with green stuff, some sort of virus thing, and Mulder had to rob a bank with a wolf mask on.

Worst ep? Umm well I'd say some of the season 9 ones, although I'm not "up" on the names of those. Space was pretty boring for a season 1 ep. Salvage I think was the season 8 one that was actually broing, all about a scrap metal place.

Clyde Bruckman's statement about Scully's immortality was an interesting one. He said she wouldn't die, but we don't know if this was about her not dying at all, or about her not dying on one occasion, since he couldn't interpret his own visions clearly.
In One Breath she comes back when they thought she'd die of the virus injected into her system when she was abducted.
In Memento Mori, we thought she'd die of her cancer but didn't.
In Redux " she came close to death with her cancer, but she escaped this time through having the implant put back into her neck.
In Tithonus, she was told by Alfred Fennig not to look at death when it came for her. He looked instead, and was taken. Years earlier he had cheated death by not looking, and death had taken someone else, so he was unable to die. Is this true of Scully then after this ep?
There are lots of other incidents where she escapes death, but I think these are the most relevant examples.

Plus, it was never explained how Scully got pregnant when all her ova had been extracted during her abduction by super ovulation.
It was implied that the baby was hers and Mulders, and some ppl say that CSM injected ova back into her during En Ami when she was knocked out. Of course some ppl said it was CSM's sperm, but let's not go there...

rynner said:
Bump!

3 X-Files threads merged, and result moved to Fortean Culture.

Well that explains why I was getting de-ja vu ...

And I thought I'd stumbled onto some wierd-ass temporal/alternate reality thing ...

ah well

Spooky, where's your MB ???

Will fans want to see it continue? I for one would like that - if for no other reason than to see the Lone Gunmen get brought back to life! Here is the news that sparked this question for me, from Sci Fi news:

Duchovny: X-Files Lives

The X-Files star David Duchovny, writing as a guest reviewer for the Razor gaming Web site, said that a second X-Files movie is in the works, with shooting to begin possibly next year. Duchovny also voices Mulder in the upcoming PlayStation 2/Xbox video game The X-Files: Resist or Serve, with his longtime co-star, Gillian Anderson, voicing Scully.

"I'm proud of The X-Files, and I'm very pleased to see how the video game will help extend the life of the series," Duchovny wrote. "We're also working to put together the next X-Files movie. I'd imagine we'd get into shooting in the next year or so, depending on when the script is written."

In the meantime, Duchovny said, the new video game title is the next best thing. "I think people will like the game as much as the show, because we all enjoy mysteries where everyone thinks that there's just one final answer that'll be uncovered at the end," he said. "Plus, games are an acting challenge for their favorite stars, who want to be tools for the people shaping the product. With TV and movies, actors have more control over the performance." The X-Files: Resist or Serve will be available Feb. 18, 2004, with a suggested retail price of $49.99.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2003-12/01/10.00.games

If it is true then I hope they make a vertion of it for the Cube...

The monster of the week episodes were always the best ones on x files, the Alien conspiricy episides got samey and dull very quickly :(

Has to be Mulder and Scully. :)
Let's return to the good old style we knew and loved before things got too convoluted and nonsensical! They'd have to leave the conspiracy alone as no one would follow it now!

It might be hard to ignore the Alien conspiracy as the series ended with them knowing that the alien invasion was going to happen in 2012....... killing off the Lone Gunmen was a mistake which I think they will come to regret.

No. No. A million times, no. Some things should be allowed to die with dignity. Which is what should have happened to the X-Files at about series 5.

Don't get me wrong. I used to love it. But I got thoroughly fed up with it after a while. The so-called sexual tension? Forget about it. If they haven't done it by series 2, then it's obviously only going to be done to boost ratings. Look what happened to Moonlighting! As for the conspiracy theme running all through it - how boring did that get?

Apparently they kissed in the final episode. I have to say I really didn't care.

So no, please God, no.

UNLESS - you start again at the very beginning with two new agents. Clean slate. Can't see that lasting much though either, thinking about it, but at least it wouldn't be quite such old hat.

<opening scene : a bathroom somewhere in a small apartment.
Someone is in the shower...>

Deep Throat steps out of the shower and towels himself off while musing about the strange dream he just had....

They could bring back Tooms. We never did see his body or hear them mention it you know!

River_Styx said:
They could bring back Tooms. We never did see his body or hear them mention it you know!

they've done him twice, one more time'd be boring.

How about using the alternative dimension excuse for the whole of the last few series (thereby missing out on all the dull episodes) and "continuing" on none the wiser from the end of the third series or something like that?:confused: :)

Much as I love X Files (and I have all the episodes on video) it got stoopid, then they got rid of Mulder and Scully and it started to get good again, then they brought them back and it all went down the pan, so I'm saying nope, they jumped the shark and they can just go away I'm not friends with them any more ...

Unless they decide to explain why there were two seperate Samantha Mulder files (one dated 1964 and the otehr 1965, and she had two different middle initials A, and T - which to me suggests she was cloned as a baby (c) me )

Okay, granted Tooms has had a fair crack of the whip.
I know, the inbred family in Home, although they were a Texas Chainsaw rip off (albeit without the cannibalsim) I'd still like to see them back and on the big screen. And as that episode is now banned in some places it'd be pretty neat and cultish.

:( Poor the X Files.

Fantastic show, but I personally think it's best to leave it where it is.

Who Ya Gonna Call?

I think they should bring back 'The Lone Gunmen'.

Not the two witless juvenile sidekicks they were saddled with in their series, though.

A sort of darker version of 'Ghostbusters' with a few sneaky sideswipes at geeky pursuits and guest appearances by HP Lovecraft, EA Poe and CH Fort!

I'd go to the movies for that! :p

I can only assume that the people who said The X Files had "Jumped the Shark" have infact been abducted and are in some kind of mind control experiment.Have any of you poor misguided fools got a little scar on the back of the neck ? suffered from nose bleeds ? or experienced "loss of time" ??

*Turned onto the paramount channel last week, just as the Fonz was about to jump the shark - how spooky is that !?!?!?!

Found the early episodes I tried to watch - virtually unwatchable. Something about the dialogue.or the editing. Just didn't work for me. Couldn't stick with it fo more than a few minutes.

Helen said:
I confess, I don't know what 'Jump the Shark' means.:confused:

It's a TV expression, it relates to an episode of Happy Days, where The Fonz water skied over a shark that had been penned off some beach somewhere, the episode was shite, the series was past it's use-by date and IIRC they cut to a commercial break while Fonzie (wearing his leather jacket FFS!) was in mid-leap, apparently no-one tuned back in after the commercials to see if he made it or not. It's now become the catch-phrase for any TV series that's outstayed it's welcome. Some people use the expression "Spock's Brain" which refers to a crappy episode of Star Trek (TOS) to mean the same thing

edited for spelling mistooks

more x filiation

I watched pretty much the entire run of the series, even the godawful ninth season, but I could stand a real X Files movie, as opposed to the high dollar mythology episode that was Fight The Future.

Re: more x filiation

condreye buch said:
I watched pretty much the entire run of the series, even the godawful ninth season, but I could stand a real X Files movie, as opposed to the high dollar mythology episode that was Fight The Future.
Yeah. But, only as a musical, a la Buffy.

Yeah. But, only as a musical, a la Buffy.
Oh if only :cool:

Nah, I reckon they'd be better off letting Mulder play the Deep Throat figure and give Scully a dream sequence flashback type walk-on and concentrate on a future invasion scenario with new characters. The conspiracy plot never made any sense anyway, why does it have to now ;)

Spookily enough there is an episode of the X Files called "Jump the Shark" (its the one where the Lone Gunmen die).

Of course the film should be made and a new TV series, there is nothing on the telly that is sci-fi ish of any quality at the moment !! I mean do you really want to see another Men in Black film ??....Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I agree there's not much good SF on at the moment, but I recently got The Dead Zone on DVD, and it's not too bad so far. Apparently Channel 5 have the rights to show it, but there's no sign of it yet.

And Farscape is supposed to be coming back for a mini series that wraps everything up.

But another X Files movie? Yeah, why not? I watched every episode, apart from one I missed because of snooker. Tone down the aliens and supersoldiers stuff, though, nobody could follow that anyway.

I got bored after series three. It was getting too hard to follow and just seemed to involve Mulder running around being paranoid, Scully looking fed up and the Cancer Man hanging around in dark corners looking menacing. God alone knows if there was a story in there.

Thanks for the explanations:D

I always preferred the 'one-off' episodes. I think the last one I enjoyed was the one where Scully is partnered with the guy who turns out to be the Devil and is hunting the Nephelim, or whatever the children of the Seraphim were called.

I thought it was cheesy (but in a good way!) when the guy couldn't enter the church and his shadow had horns!:D

OK, despite being a massive X-phile in the early-mid 90's work and life have got in the way and I still haven't seen the final episode! Have had it on DVD for ages but am still slowly (veeeeery slowly) working through the series 9 boxset.
Anyway, this morning I got as far as the episode 'Underneath' (to jog memories it's the one where the cable guy stabs people with a screwdriver and Doggett 1990 nails him but then DNA evidence gets him off in the present day and Doggett gets mad that he is getting out...remember?).
My point is this...in the episode the suspect, who is clearly nutbar looking, comes out of jail and goes to live temporarily with his lawyer - a swf with an old swf housemaid!!! OK, is it just me or is that just ridiculously unlikely.
A guy jailed for 13 years for stabbing multiple people with a screwdriver and his female lawyer agrees to let him come and stay in her home. Just her, the released killer and her ancient housemaid. Hello!
Surely that would never happen! It's just stupidity gone wild!

If I remember rightly then said lawyer totally and utterly believed the guy's innocence and therefore had no reason to be afraid of him sharing her house. However I'm also pretty certain that she wasn't expecting the guy's religious self-hatred/anger/guilt to manifest itself as Jebus and then set about butchering everyone.

Back