• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
two episodes on BBc 2 tonight:

Fresh Bones
Colony

about time they showed them:)

'Fresh Bones' was the chicken one wasn't it? Or was it the Haitian voodoo guy? If the latter it is worth watching, the chicken one was wank, and it was 'Our Town'. 'Fresh Bones' was OK. 'Colony' was good. f only all nine series had been as good as series 1 :(

McAvennie said:
Who would! ;)

Personally I always thought Jebus was a bit of a serial killer. A bit like Charles Manson...mhmmm...
*thinks* Scruffy hair. Big, bushy beard.....:eek!!!!:

I've watched some more episodes! I now only have 3 X-Files left to see ever :(
Quite sad really.
'Jump The Shark' - NOOO! They can't do that!!!
'Improbable' - Improbable that I'll ever watch that episode again. Nothing like a once great show disappearing up it's own arse.
'Realise' - So who killed Doggett's boy? Who was the 'businessman'? Folmer? The bad guy?

Jump the shark is when they killed the Lone Gunmen...:(

The new Fox channel are showing the X Files from episode one, I noticed in one of the first episodes (Conduit) That ,Scully when asked by her boss why Mulder had opened an X File on his sisters disappearance, said that his sister disappeared 21 years ago when he was 12 and she was 8, making Mulder 33, he doesn't look 33 !!! and as the episode was 10 years ago, that makes him 40 something ?!?!?!!?!…or did I hear it wrong ??

The characters were originally supposed to be both in their early thirties but the casting people wanted David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson so that's why they look so young.

Which one was set in the Brady house then?

Brady Bunchis from series 9 and called "Sunshine Days" (penultimate episode).

I was a really big fan but feel that it lost its way somewhat during season 7. didn't see much of 8 and 9 to be honest. The season which had the episode with the nephelim and the one with the wall crawling insect zombie boss was the bomb.

The film, as well, is ace.

Is 'The Lone Gunmen' series ever likely to get a dvd release? With the WTC episode I doubt it will but that's a shame as I never saw any of this series.

River_Styx said:
The characters were originally supposed to be both in their early thirties but the casting people wanted David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson so that's why they look so young.

The characters of Mulder and Scully were meant to be born in 1961 and 1964 respectively. The actual actors were born in 1960 and 1968.
David was much closer to the age of Mulder than Gillian was to the age of Scully. That's why she looks so young!

wolfie said:
I was a really big fan but feel that it lost its way somewhat during season 7. didn't see much of 8 and 9 to be honest. The season which had the episode with the nephelim and the one with the wall crawling insect zombie boss was the bomb.

The film, as well, is ace.

The episode with the nephelim was All Souls. Loved the bit where the social worker couldn't enter the church and Scully when saw his shadow, he had horns. Hehe.

The insect crawling boss, or Mr Pinkiss, ep was Folie a Deux. I loved the surreal scene of the zombie woman sat watching Shirley Temple on TV. :D

Greets

X marks the spot for David

Comeback ... Duchovny wants to make another X Files movie

By SIMON ROTHSTEIN
THE truth is still out there - and X Files agents Mulder and Scully are on their way back to discover it.

In an exclusive interview David Duchovny, who played Fox Mulder in the cult sci-fi TV series for eight years, told us he and the show’s creator Chris Carter are planning on making a sequel to their 1998 movie.

The 44-year-old said: "It’s always been my desire to turn The X Files into a film franchise.

"We’re hoping to get together just under a year from now and make another X Files movie.

"Chris is working on the script right now with Frank Spotnitz, who was one of the writers on the show.

"Gillian Anderson who played Dana Scully hasn’t signed yet, but we’d need to have her on board.

"When I’ve talked to Chris about the film, we’ve both said we want to start filming in winter 2005 and bring it out in the summer of 2006."

David and Gillian stopped making The X Files – a show packed full of alien chasing and conspiracy solving – in 2002 in a bid to pursue other projects.

He’s gone on to star in movies including Connie And Carla, Full Frontal and House Of D, while Gillian has appeared on the West End stage in What the Night Is For and will be on BBC1 shortly in the station’s adaptation of Charles Dickens’ Bleak House

And while David doesn’t know exactly what Chris’s script for the reunion X Files film contains, he said it won’t be picking up the storyline from the show’s final episode.

"I think we’re going back to the ‘monster of the week’ type feel, where if you’re not an avid fan and don’t understand the mythology you can still come to it and get the movie," the hunky actor revealed.

"Especially because at this point I think some people would have forgotten what the mythology was or what happened in seasons two, three and four."

He added: "If the movie’s a success then it’s a way we can continue to make the show while pursuing other projects.

"We have a great launching pad for some really thrilling stories and the two main characters are still very vivid.

"And I hope to do this a couple more times before we’re too old!"

The X Files was famous for its complex mythology and outlandish conspiracy theories, which thousands of websites are dedicated to explaining.

But did David ever have trouble keeping up with the plot when the scripts landed through his letterbox?

"I don’t think I ever tried," he admits.

"I worked on a strictly need to know basis.

"Although when I wrote more on the show I did get more interested.

"The funny thing is, at first we weren’t even going to have this whole overarching mythology.

"The X Files started out as a ‘monster of the week’ kind of show without anything joining one episode to the next.

"Then Gillian got pregnant at the end of the first series and needed to take some time off.

"They had to have her abducted and Chris, to his credit, used the hardship of Gillian’s pregnancy to usher a soap opera element into the show and create this continuing mythology within it.

"Then that element took over."

Anyone who wants to catch up with The X Files can do so with the recent release of the fourth, fifth and sixth series on DVD.

The £35 multi-disc sets contain around 20 episodes each with commentaries, ‘making of’ features and deleted scenes.

But the star admits he won’t be sitting down to watch the DVDs.

David told us: "I did eight years on the X Files and then the last couple of episodes of the ninth and final series. It was a life-altering and career-altering experience.

"I have great memories of the show and when I do look back at the older stuff, from the first and second years, I’m amazed at how much I recall.

"When I watch an episode I won’t remember a scene, but I will remember the day I shot it and what I had for lunch.

"What’s interesting to me is not what’s on screen, but what was happening in my life at that point.

"Which I’m sure is the exact opposite of how fans of the show remember it – they don’t care what I had for lunch!"

But for many fans it was the chemistry between Mulder and Scully that turned the show into a worldwide hit.

Their will they-won’t they relationship kept viewers hooked – and saw the show pick up Emmy, Golden Globe and Bafta awards.

David told us: "Some people just throw sparks together on screen and me and Gillian had that.

"I think part of it was down to us as performers, but a lot of the credit has to go to how concretely drawn the characters were.

"Mulder was the more feminine and more intuitive one, whereas Scully had traditionally masculine traits.

"And the fact there was really never any physical contact until right near the very end was a great tease.

He added: "Gillian and I got on, but we weren’t friends away from the show.

"The X Files was just a job for me and by the time we got to the middle years we were leading separate lives and just coming to work and making the show.

"We still email occasionally, I think she’s living in England now.

"I do miss the environment of The X Files and the people who made it, but after the first few months of not doing the show you have to move on and get on with the rest of your life.

So what does the actor think his famous alter-ego is doing right now?

David promises: "Mulder is on an island somewhere gearing up for his return."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,5-2005030474,00.html

mal

And after whining for the last six years of the show's run about how he was feeling straitjacketed and 'suffocated' by the Mulder character. Nothing like dropping off the hollywood radar to make a once 'big' star feel appropriately humble. At this point ( and after the last, disasterous season ) who really cares anymore? Too little, too late. Enjoy obscurity, Dave.

I lost track towards the end although i did quite enjoy it - especially as post pub viewing - can somebody remind me where the whole thing left the ungoing plots? They got that Terminator chap in....

The Yithian said:
I lost track towards the end although i did quite enjoy it - especially as post pub viewing - can somebody remind me where the whole thing left the ungoing plots? They got that Terminator chap in....

Millions of years ago, meteor hits earth - meteor had cells on - this cause reaction - life formed - so all life on earth is of alien origin - (so we are all aliens says skinner), on meteor was virus (black oil)

Black oil was intelligent and capable of thought communication etc, it infected the humans - the virus died out 35,000 years (last ice age).

Black oil re-discovered , it was found in normal oil, scientists found out what it was and what it did, oil communicated with other aliens saying come to earth and help us infect humans and so they came to earth - scientists found out about this when craft crashed at roswell,

Cancer man etc formed a group, to contact and co-operate with aliens but were really trying to find cure for black oil so they would not be infected. To make sure they all behaved aliens made each of the conspiritors give up member of family - hence mulders sister (samantha) being abducted.

She was given back eventually, she grew up with cancer man and his son(jeffrey),cancer man had an affair with mulders mum and had a son called jeffrey, (mulders half brother) samantha not happy at all ran away and died (this was shown and explained in previous series). Cancer man had mulders father killed (by alex krycheck - and then krychek was shot dead by skinner in previous series). Cancer man was no longer needed and was apparently killed…..

Rebel aliens knew about black oil and alien plans to colonise earth and knew who the conspirators where - they lured human conspirators to hanger and killed them all except cancer man who escaped. New conspirators formed ,Cancerman was no longer needed and was apparently killed…..

Skully abducted and fiddled with so couldn't have kids, but mulder found her eggs and they had kiddie, mulder abducted and experimented on by aliens eventually returned - kiddie was not normal, hybrid human/alien, missing link very special, new conspirators wanted him dead, skully knew this and handed him over to unnamed fosters parents…awww…this was after mulder was told to disappear - he did.

Conspirators were designing humans who could not die - super soldiers (lucy lawless played one she was in the same unit in nam as doggett (mulders replacement) - only way they can die is if they get too near magnatite rock, mulder accused of killing one of these soldiers - he broke into base and saw something on PC, but had fight with super soldier noel rawl - (rawl was in previous series giving inside knowledge to dogget as they had been in nam together but rawl was giving duff info). Mulder tries to escape, rawl catches him, they struggle and mulder throws him off gantry onto power cables so rawl died…loads of witnesses. Mulder up for death penalty. (when trying to escape mulder sees krychek and warns mulder…mulder says your dead ??..krycheck disappears).

Mulder and skully finally meet in prison (mulder is nearly brainwashed but he pretends to be loopy, but he was talking to someone and it was krychek - no one else could see him..weird..)when she goes to visit him (loads of tongue) mulder chooses skinner to defend him, skinner calls in various people as witnesses including jeffrey who cancerman had tried to kill and was now badly disfigured by being experimented on and "Gibson" the little boy - chess genius, who had been sheltering mulder in new mexico, mulder didn't want him their as aliens want him dead, gibson can read minds and said he was reading their minds (blokes on panel) even the guy on the end (jim from neighbours !!!) meaning he was a super soldier. Mulder could clear himself by telling what he saw on PC in base, but he won't.

Bloke heading panel was kirsh - boss of skinner - kirsh was the one who told mulder to disappear,
Doggett eventually got rawls body, they proved it wasn't him but someone who was killed and burned and made to look like rawl. Kirsh dismisses this, mulder guilty, death by lethal injection, skinner, doggett, rayez and skully help mulder escape, they tell him and skully to head north - canada and leave america. So they drive south…..he stops for a pee, and the lone gunman appear (they had been killed in a previous episode) and ask where he is going and say why risk a life of happiness with skully…he will because he wants the truth, skully wakes up and shouts for mulder, he says hang on but gunmen have gone (they killed them you know, still can't believe it).

Mulder+skully drive to old indian ruined village, built in rock, there he meets the person who tipped him off about base - its cancer man, cancer man says why didn't you tell what you knew ? he said he wouldn't so cancerman told skully that the final alien invasion would take place in 2012 meaning the end of the world…..
(meanwhile back in dc, doggett and rayez go to x files office - all bare - they tell skinner, skinner goes to kirsh - rayez and doggett and gibson go with him, skinner knocks on door and jim from neighbours opens it and tells him to come in - gibson says they know where mulder+skully have gone !!!)

mulder and skulyl just leaving village when dog+ray appear and tell them to run, choppers flying in and rawl drops in and ray+dog try to stop him….they shoot him but he can't die, but as he approaches them his body blows up because village is made of rock that kills him, (that’s why cancer man was there, he knew he'd be safe and he said that the ancient indians knew this as well), skully and mulder drive off as do dog+ray , choppers blow up village, including cancerman - you see him blown up and hit by fire and shit.

Mulder and skully in room somewhere and talking about future…..the end.

Although Mulder left the series , I thought it actually got better, Scully turned into the person with the weird ideas and Doggett and Rayez worked well together. Superb series…bring it back !!

Whoa. Thank you Muchly for a more than complete reply.

I know somebody with every episode on dvd. I just need to devote a few months to working through them!

I Love The X-Files Thread - what's your favourite episode?

With the seemingly malignant proliferation of awful reality "shows" today I find myself nostalgically watching old episodes of The X-Files. Not the later episodes after mulder left and things started going downhill. But the early episodes, where every scenario was surprising, thought-provoking and different. Where the scenes were filmed with the loving care usually reserved fo big budget movies. Where possibilities we never thought would be explored on television were frightningly brought into our homes. The possibility of the existence of alien life, of alien abduction, of government conspiracies, of monsters born of nature and those born of our own disregard for it - the show, at least in the beginning, went boldly where few would dare to tread. Even Duchovny thought it wouldn''t work when he started doing it, but to his surprise it did.
I for one miss the sometimes breathtaking drama, the intelligent and absorbing storylines and the superb acting by duchovny and anderson. Their chemistry was so pleasurable to watch. I know it can never return or be the same as it was before - but I for one don't mind going down memory lane. So what were your favourite episodes and why? I'll let someone else get the ball rolling.

I didn’t think it went downhill after Mulder left, it needed a bit of a change and I thought it worked really well.

One of my favourite episodes is “Clyde Bruckmans Final Response”

Clyde Bruckman: "I'm supposed to believe that's a real name?" [Looking at Mulder's badge]

I can't remember what the episode was called, but the image that sticks in my mind is of Scully carrying out an autopsy on an elephant, and using a ladder to climb around in side it.

I think it had something to do with animals being turned invisible and going on a rampage, and was one of the early episodes.

:confused:

I was lucky in that I watched it from the very first show (how could I not with it being compaired to Kolchak: The Night Stalker?). The first one that was "great" in that scary movie way was "Squeeze" about the killer who could squish his body into small spaces.

I like many of the normal big fan fave shows, but I much prefered the stand alones to the "myth-arc" about the alien agenda... that got belaboured, but the overall story never did. And I liked Doggitt and Reyes as a team, and if they had stuck with the show one more season, I think it would have made it over the hump. The last season in particular had some fun episodes, particularly the one with Burt Reynold as God, and the one with Reyes in the hospital mind-space...

I can't remember the name of the episode, but it was the one where they went to investigate a report that aliens had been seen on a road. (I think. It's been some years since I've seen it) When Mulder and Scully get to the small town they find that everyone has a different story. At the end of the episode it turns out some kids had dressed up as aliens, but then got kidnapped by real aliens.

ooo, tricky.

I'd have to say either The Pilot, Darkness Falls, or Soft Light ... at the moment anyway ;)

Mr. R.I.N.G. said:
I was lucky in that I watched it from the very first show (how could I not with it being compaired to Kolchak: The Night Stalker?). The first one that was "great" in that scary movie way was "Squeeze" about the killer who could squish his body into small spaces.

Hey yeah! I think that was the Eugene Tombs character.. he popped up a few times during the entire series as I recall. Those were indeed the best ones, because he was just so removed from we'd expect a villain to be like i.e. you could kind of sympathise with him. I must say I didn't really watch it from the end of the 2nd season onwards because we couldn't afford to have Sky anymore! I know it switched to terrestrial, but I was too busy playing Final Fantasy VII to pay much attention ;)

Can't choose: Pilot, Squeeze/Tooms, Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose, Sleep, X-cops

Clyde Bruckman: Not that it's any of my business, but autoerotic asphyxiation is a really undignified way to die.

Pretty much all of seasons two and three were perfect. Oh, and season one too!
The Elyminer(sp) Flask, last episode in season one: I remember as soon as it finished, my mate phoning me to rave about it. I also recall shout, yes shouting at the TV, 'You believe now, bitch!', when Scully opened the flask.

I also like "Triangle" time travelling british liner, some of the cast playing other characters...

Mulder: "It's okay, the war's over. Let them take you to Germany, they make nice cars."

Scully: "Mulder, it's me. Hmm?"
Mulder: "Where am I?"
Scully: "You're in a hospital."
Mulder: "Ooooo."
Scully: "Lie still."
Mulder: "I feel... Like hell."
Scully: "I don't blame you. You've been through the wringer, I'd say."
Mulder: "What happened to me?"
Scully: "You did something incredibly stupid."
Mulder: "What did I do?"
Scully: "You went looking for a ship, Mulder. In the Bermuda Triangle."
Mulder: "Say that again?"
[The Lone Gunmen enter the room]
Frohike: "Gilligan awakes."
Mulder: "You were there."
Scully: "Hmm?"
Mulder: "You were there, Scully."
[Skinner enters the room]
Langly: [to the others] "He's delirious."
Mulder: "And he [Skinner] was there, too."
Skinner: "Right — Me and my dog Toto."
Mulder: "No, you were there with the Nazis."
Scully: "Mulder, will you settle down? It's an order."
Skinner: "Not that he takes orders..."
Mulder: "You saved the world, Scully."
Scully: "Yeah... You're right. I did."
Frohike: "What kind of drugs is he on?"
Langly: "I want some."
Mulder: "No, no, no... The Queen Anne — I found it. You were there with Thor's Hammer. I told you you had to turn the ship around and then I jumped overboard.
Scully: "Yeah, I bet you did. The boat that you were on was busted into a million pieces. And as for the Queen Anne it was nothing more than a ghost ship."
Mulder: "No, no, no. You and I were on that ship, Scully. In 1939."
Skinner: "Get some rest, Mulder, 'cause when you get out of here I'm going to kick your butt but good." [Skinner and the Lone Gunmen leave the room]
Mulder: "I would've never seen you again. But you believed me."
Scully: "In your dreams. Mulder, I want you to close your eyes and I want you to think to yourself 'There's no place like home'."
Mulder: "Mmm. [Scully starts to leave, but he calls her back] "Hey, Scully."
Scully: "Yes?"
Mulder: "I love you."
Scully: "Oh, brother..." [She turns away and leaves the room]

I love 'Jose Chung's' for its humour and acknowledgement of the ambiguity that often surrounds UFO incidents.

Another favourite is 'Hell Money', which is subtly disturbing without having any supernatural or alien elements at all.

I like 'Die Hand Die Verletzt' for the scene where Mulder says to a captured Satanist, "You were going to summon up the Devil and just ask him to behave?" It also features that classic Fortean event, a rain of frogs.

Back