• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Yeti Filmed In The Ural Mountains?

Vardoger

Make mine a 99
WATCH: YETI found? Bizarre footage shows 'abominable snowman' dashing across mountain
RUSSIAN tourists claim a yeti dashed across a snowy road in front of a car in the Ural Mountains.
By Will Stuart
PUBLISHED: 15:54, Mon, Nov 21, 2016 | UPDATED: 16:14, Mon, Nov 21, 2016

The travellers were driving close to 5,213 ft high Mount Bolshoy Iremel in Bashkortostan region when the unidentified creature was caught on a dashcam.

The alleged bigfoot or abominable snowman crossed from right to left in front of the car, some 22 miles from the nearest village.

The "sighting" was 162 miles southeast of Ufa, capital of the region also known as Bashkiria.

Witness Vadim Gilmanov who was in the car, said: "It was clearly visible that the creature runs on two legs.

Usually, these sightings are some hallucinations, a product of the imagination

Dr Anatoly Yakovlev, Bashkir State University

"Maybe it is somebody's joke, but who would do it in such a remote place at night?"

Russian TV channel NTV announced: "Mysterious creature resembling yeti scared tourists in Bashkirian forest."

One report said "the yeti was covered in white hair".

Dr Anatoly Yakovlev, a zoology expert at Bashkir State University, dismissed the claims that the legendary yeti had been spotted in his region.

"No single expert - zoologist or paleontologist - has ever found a single bone of a yeti, not even excrements, I am sorry.

"Nothing was ever found or seen."

He insisted dismissively: "Usually, these sightings are some hallucinations, a product of the imagination."

Another theory is that the 'yeti' was a wild animal poacher seeking to escape from police .

Each year Russia boasts a number of "sightings" of yetis, with the Siberian region of Kemerovo the most common location.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...raffic.outbrain&utm_campaign=traffic.outbrain

There's a slightly clearer version on youtube & looks to me like a 4 legged creature. Also it's not that big.

This is a better, more HQ HD video. No doubt it is 2 legged.

When I freeze-frame it and advance it frame by frame, it looks bipedal. He's staggering about and throwing up a bit of snow.

Oh, it does look different in the clearer version. Like someone running.

Looks clearly bipedal to me. The sighting looks like it happened somewhere that if a person was out and about for too long they'd be dead from exposure pretty quickly. What was the temperature?

There were two spots during their driving where it looked like another road connected with theirs, perhaps there are some houses/huts nearby?

The sighting looks like it happened somewhere that if a person was out and about for too long they'd be dead from exposure pretty quickly.

Russians are different to us.

225641240847CE76572FDBFB6FA03B1610B266AE1B1C9D8792D5D50B45A0C06F.jpg

Looks like a man in a costume. It seems to move in a clumsy way. Incidentaly the true yeti of Himalayas and Tibet is not white but brown or black. The Russian almasty is sometimes gray.

Russian Yeti - The Urals and mountain of death

This was another of Discovery' s mockumentories. The photo clearly shows a human, you can tell from limb proportions. When this was being made the producers sent me a copy of the picture and i said it was a modern human and they though i thought relic hominins existed, they had nothing to do with the deaths of these people. I never heard from them again.

Back