You Have To Go Back In Time And...

Naughty_Felid

kneesy earsy nosey
Reaction score
It's immediate and you can choose any time.

You have one object.

Has to be from you immediate house/work

What would you take?

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
It's immediate and you can choose any time.
You have one object.
Has to be from you immediate house/work
What would you take?
I'm not sure I understand the scenario ...

Is this a one-way trip back in time? Or is it to be a round-trip to the past and back?

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
I had some cool monster stencils when I was a kid that went missing. Would at least like to know where they went.

skinny

TIT
Reaction score
That's no monkey! It's a space station!!

Analogue Boy

Bar 6
Reaction score
It’s dressed up and all but it’s not playing the saxophone.

Analogue Boy

Bar 6
Reaction score
That’s no moon. It looks more like a monkey playing a saxophone.
1617489398313.jpeg

skinny

TIT
Reaction score
It's no monkey!! It's a god damn chim pansy!!

Naughty_Felid

kneesy earsy nosey
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand the scenario ...

Is this a one-way trip back in time? Or is it to be a round-trip to the past and back?
As AB says it's quite simple, A person turns up at your door and offers you a ticket back in time. (ONE WAY/OR A RETURN). You have 15minutes to decide what to take.

also, does no one fancy going back further than a 100 years?

If you make the right call you could be a god.

Sollywos

Studying for finals of Grumpy Old Lady degree.
Reaction score
Ah I was confused as to what the rules were and if it was permanent.

So taking your original suggestion/rule of 'Has to be from your immediate house/work' Here's what I'd take:-
One of the reeds that had formed the underlay for the tiles on my roof. It had lasted nearly a century and a quarter but had finally deteriorated by the time I moved in. I'd have liked to have them replaced with new ones but it wasn't my call and in any case I'm not sure how easy it would have been to find someone to do it. Not a skill that's in great demand these days. I wonder if the modern stuff will last as long?

Anyway I kept a bunch of them so I'd grab one to take back to the time it was being installed, maybe even going back a bit further to catch sight of it when it was still swayng in the wind prior to harvest. Then if I could get back to the house via wherever they were making the clay lumps to build the house with, that would be pretty cool :)

Then I want to see the first people to live here. And if there are no rules about how long we can stay and how quickly we have to come back I wish to come back in increments stopping off at each new set of occupants. I often think about them, particularly the ones who went through other times of national crises ie WW1 and WW2. I feel a connection and wonder if any of them had familly members away on 'the front'. I sometimes wonder if they can see me .... well I have a Fortean mindset after all so I like to play with the possibility.

I'm afraid I can't come up with anything more witty/imaginative/exciting than that but it is what I would do,

Sollywos x

Cochise

Priest of the cult of the Dog with the Broken Paw
Reaction score
As AB says it's quite simple, A person turns up at your door and offers you a ticket back in time. (ONE WAY/OR A RETURN). You have 15minutes to decide what to take.

As an observer or participant? If the latter, can you change things or not? Can my lawyer check the contract? :D

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score

OK, I'll go back to the beginning of time and pick up God.

Sollywos

Studying for finals of Grumpy Old Lady degree.
Reaction score
Yeah but
OK, I'll go back to the beginning of time and pick up God.
Yeah but what are you going to take to pick up God with?

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
You might struggle with the lack of oxygen, unless you have a space suit with a selfcontained oxygen supply at home/work and (he/she might not be real)
If I'd known there were going to be this many caveats, I'd have just gone back for a nice packet of Spangles.

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
If I'd known there were going to be this many caveats, I'd have just gone back for a nice packet of Spangles.
I used to hate the cloudy green ones

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Reaction score
Yeah but do you have money of the appropriate dates in your house ?

IamSundog

Not insane
Reaction score
I would take a laptop computer back to around 1960, pre-loaded with news stories dated 4-6 months after the date I arrive and stock market data for 5 years after the date I arrive. I’d wrangle an audience with the wealthiest person I could and prove to them that I’m from the future using the news stories. I’d offer to sell them the laptop for $10 million and retire to a life of luxury. They’d have 5 years of outrageous good fortune playing the stock market but no more, so they couldn’t take over the entire world. The laptop would be rechargeable in 1960.

Too self-centered?

I’d take the laptop with 20 years of stock market data and $1000 in 1960 currency, invest the money myself (being careful to “lose” once in a while so as not to give the game away) and become extremely wealthy. I’d use the money to set up trusts to support progressive causes.

Actually the laptop is superfluous; I could just bring printouts.