You Have To Go Back In Time And...

dejanmikic

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Go back to 1980 (started my elementary school) and switched my then character to the current character :)

Sollywos

Studying for finals of Grumpy Old Lady degree.
Reaction score
Go back to 1980 (started my elementary school) and switched my then character to the current character :)
I'm assumming you mean character only and not the actual body! That could be fun!
Sollywos x

AnonyJoolz

Captainess Sensible
Reaction score
Having-a-nice-cup-of-tea-and-a-sit-down-shire
It's immediate and you can choose any time.

You have one object.

Has to be from you immediate house/work

What would you take?
A digital camera with spare batteries and storage cards.

Then I could show everyone what Anglo-Saxon Wessex, Tudor Somerset or Roman-era Durnovaria really looked like.

If I remember the locations of interesting buildings or activity then back here in 2021 there'd be the opportunity to excavate some cool sites!

Remind me to avoid the 1340s though (don't want to inflict The Black Death on anyone, myself included).

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
All these betting time travel wishes makes me wonder how soon it would take to have your legs broken by the bookies' "associates" after winning day after day.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
OK, here's something I would get: a Viewmaster and a whole load of slides for it. In retrospect, I regret not having one of these, so I looked them up on Amazon and they are available at a fairly reasonable price. However, the slides available number about five, and they all cost a hundred quid or so! WTF?!

Anyway, I won't be getting one of those.

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
OK, here's something I would get: a Viewmaster and a whole load of slides for it. In retrospect, I regret not having one of these, so I looked them up on Amazon and they are available at a fairly reasonable price. However, the slides available number about five, and they all cost a hundred quid or so! WTF?!

Anyway, I won't be getting one of those.
Have a look on ebay you can pic up individual slides for about £5 and i saw this one with approx 10 slides

Screenshot_20210415-191615.png

This site seems to specialize in them

https://uk.redbrain.shop/search?q=V...MI2o2U-OyA8AIVlK3tCh0mFwuOEAQYAiABEgLJ-_D_BwE

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
1952 is a little early even for me! I wanted Star Wars slides or something...

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
1952 is a little early even for me! I wanted Star Wars slides or something...
Not sure which 'Star Wars' this is, it appears you can get episode 1-3 reels reasonably priced, not sure about originals.

Screenshot_20210416-193411.jpg

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Thanks! Pity I'm not on eBay, really. But I've just bought a new PC, so won't be spending extra at the moment anyway.

Stormkhan

Disturbingly familiar
Reaction score
It's immediate and you can choose any time.
You have one object.
Has to be from you immediate house/work
What would you take?
Given time (y'say 15 mins?) not to think about it - you've just made me think about it - but actions, I'd print off some Wikipedia articles on politics of the mid-1970s, such as the win of Thatcher to PM, sports wins etc. I'd then travel back to myself 'in those days' but being all mysterious, I'd exchange these print-outs for all my old Action Man dolls, other figures, accessories and collectables that weren't collectable at the time, such as the bundles of comics etc. I don't think I'd be hard to persuade.
I'd then bury the hoard in my local park for recovery in 'the future' and make a mint!

Perhaps that's what happened to them ... Future Me just forgot to give me the damn print-outs and I've forgotten where I buried the stash!