You Look Just Like...

I'm reminded of the sister of a friend who everyone says looks like Frankie Howerd. I didn't see the resemblance myself on the one occasion that I met her, yet that's what everyone calls her.

I used to be acquainted with someone (a man) who was regarded as 'an ugly version of Sean Bean'. And I agree with that reckoning.

Anonymous-50446

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I was once asked to collect a speaker for a conference. She said on the phone to look out for someone who resembled the Grandma from the Giles cartoons, and by George, she was right!

My MIL look like this. But not nearly so nice a person.
I probably still would.
He says the same about you. :D

Ghost In The Machine

Justified & Ancient
I probably still would.
Talking of resemblances, that was a strong one between Seen Been and the (Aussie? Kiwi?) actor they got to play his brother in Lord of the Rings..? I've always wondered how a bloke from a council estate in Sheffield could bear such a resemblance to someone from the opposite end of the world but then again, maybe they had some ancestors in common. :)

Ghost In The Machine

Justified & Ancient
I suppose Patrick Kielty isn't bad looking for a man. Although I suspect he can look down an oboe with both eyes simultaneously. But being compared to a man, however good looking, isn't really what any woman wants.
One of my sons often gets told he looks like a lesbian. (Whatever that means). He takes it as a compliment.

Dick Turpin

Ephemeral Spectre
I have one of those faces that people see different people (if that makes sense)

What I mean is, I’ve lost count of the amount of random strangers that have approached me over the years, i.e. street, bus, train, pub etc., and talk to me like we’ve known each other for years, but are in fact total strangers - it’s embarrassing sometimes when I have to say “sorry mate I’m not him”

I used to get it all the time, but less so now I’m getting on a bit.

Oh, and when I was in my 20’s I’d get stopped in the street quite often, and mostly by teenage girls and asked if I was John Alford (you know that disgraced ex London’s burning actor ) if they were very attractive, I’d say ……….. erm yes actually I am…. J

Cheers

ChasFink

Ephemeral Spectre
Some years ago when the American magazine TV Guide was actually a listing of what was on TV that week, I was flipping through the pages of the latest issue, and said to myself "there's a picture of me" - followed by an almost immediate "why would I be in TV Guide?" It was actually a picture of Jason Alexander, who was in a TV movie with long hair and a goatee. Everyone thought it looked a lot like me, but for some reason trying to take a picture in the same pose did not succeed in one that looked like the original.

I think I mentioned this in another thread, but I was (apparently) at Jason Alexander's wedding - helping with shooting the video - but as he was not famous at the time I have no recollection of it.

wolfie61

Stop pressing the what?
The only person I have been told I look like is the dad character from the old comedy 2.4 children...although I have had a slightly rock and roll moment years ago when I got recognised by a Cpl of yoofs who had seen my old band a few days earlier...

GerdaWordyer

Abominable Snowman
40 years ago, when I was at my slimmest and when I glammed up for parties, a couple of times I was told I looked like Gilda Radner. 25 years ago, my sister insinuated that I looked like Theda Bara. Around the same time, hospitalized and on his last legs, my FIL said I looked like Mike Myers (the Saturday Night and "Wayne's World" Mike, not the horror movie guy). Even longer and more disparate lists of comparisons by many in this thread seem weird just to read as a list, but I understand them, because you just had to be there.

Roger Nowell

Chief Scrobbler
A drunk or stoned stranger mistook me for Louis Theroux, the documentary-maker, recently. I have never noticed but it seems so obvious now - everyone I've mentioned it to agrees yet nobody ever said it before. Oh well, there's much worse people I suppose.

CuriousIdent

Not yet SO old Great Old One
I used to get compared to Matt Lucas. And Steve McFadden.

Or anybody without hair.

I suspect this has a lot more to do with my losing much of my hair to cancer, tbh. I've had it buzzed down to nothing for years now.