• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

You Look Just Like...

There must be something in the positioning (or perhaps the glasses) because, as per CottonSocks comment, the bloke on the far right, in the glasses, is a dead ringer for one of my customers!

Somewhat off topic perhaps? But in the late 1980s in Manchester I attended a talk given by the Russian dissident poet (now sadly late) Irina Ratushinskaya. She had not long been released from a labour camp. I queued up afterwards for her to sign a copy of her book Grey is the Colour of Hope. When I got to the front of the queue, she - and her husband, who was standing beside her - both looked at me open mouthed, in obvious shock. It was 15 seconds or so before they recovered, presumably realizing that I couldn't be who they thought I was. So I suppose I must have looked like someone in their past. Hopefully not a guard in a gulag.

I used to get John Leslie a lot.

That's why I grew the beard...

I always thought you had a touch of Miranda Hart about you...

Actually that's another topic. How its impossible not to imagine board users looking like their avatar (where its a photo of a person obviously).

I probably do look slightly more like my old avatar of the Sandeman guy than a fat tomcat carrying his lunch. Then again...

I've been told I look like comedian Bill Engvall, which I think is more an effect of a similar hairstyle and goatee rather than any real facial resemblance.

Some also say I look like The Thing. Can you tell us apart?

23032893_125304691568554_7968917825098806332_n.jpg
Nope.

Years ago a couple of women came up to me and insisted I was a local radio personality and demanded my autograph. I had no idea who he was as I never listened to local radio and when I told them they became stroppy and accused me of thinking I was better than they were and would never listen to me again.

Apart from that I rarely get strangers talking to me. Although I'm a fairly good-natured, easy-going kind of person, when my face is in "neutral" I look really angry, even if I'm not, so it discourages people from approaching me. Very handy with chuggers and other pests in town :)

I used to get called Chesney Hawkes about 30 years ago. A girlfriend was laughing at me about it and I said "No I bleedin' well DON'T!", when a gang of blokes came out of a nearby pub and shouted "CHESNEY!" right on cue. Ho ho ho, how we they laughed.

I don't look like anyone now although I think I might be heading towards Max Shreck territory. No-one knows who he was though so I don't get shouted at anymore.

I used to get called Chesney Hawkes about 30 years ago. A girlfriend was laughing at me about it and I said "No I bleedin' well DON'T!", when a gang of blokes came out of a nearby pub and shouted "CHESNEY!" right on cue. Ho ho ho, how we they laughed.

I don't look like anyone now although I think I might be heading towards Max Shreck territory. No-one knows who he was though so I don't get shouted at anymore.
I used to get called The Milky Bar Kid by one of my teachers when I was about 8 because I had blonde hair, chubby cheeks and glasses .. so looked like him .. :)

I once got told I looked like Dennis Bergkamp. TBH, I think the only resemblance was the hair, back when I had a bit more than I do now. I used to have a Matalan card with a photo that made me look uncannily like Sting, though...

I have frequently been told I look like a Native American. Someday I must get a DNA test or something to find out.

I've had comparisons to musician Nick Lowe quite a lot, George Harrison also a lot, Kevin Costner [not often]. Nick Lowe I reckon is probably closest.

Suggs, Alan Shearer, Jason Statham, Clint Eastwood and a man who featured on a local telephone directory.

Got some f'd up friends is all I can put it down to. I do have a mate who is a ringer for Elvis. Chicks have thrown their knickers at him as an homage to Tom Jones.

Suggs, Alan Shearer, Jason Statham, Clint Eastwood and a man who featured on a local telephone directory.

Got some f'd up friends is all I can put it down to. I do have a mate who is a ringer for Elvis. Chicks have thrown their knickers at him as an homage to Tom Jones.
I'm keeping you away from the Mrs then, she fancies Jason Statham. And Andrew Lincoln now I think about it.

A few years ago I decided to get creative with some henna the result- wandering around with hair resembling a hi-viz jacket. Whilst attending some do a few weeks later a few people (who I'd never met before) told me I looked just like Florence (from Florence and the machine). An observation that I laid squarely at the foot of the hi-viz hair as its never happened before or since.
These days, after buying a new pair of specs, there's always much merriment ensues when I wear them for the kids googling up pictures of Sybil Trelawney from Harry Potter as comparison.
Useful to know, if I ever decide to take up robbing banks, all it takes is some hair dye and a pair of glasses for my master disguise

William Dafoe.
A few years ago when Spiderman was doing the rounds a few of my students (Russians) opined that i looked like the guy who became the Green goblin in that film. I didn't know what they were talking about (I hate Marvel films) but when I researched it was quite happy with the outcome.

Paradoxically, however, I am have been frequently described (by women) as `cute` looking (as in cuddlesome) - so I don't know how that works, as Dafoe is anything but.

I also have a doppleganger tale. About ten or more years ago I lived in Leicester and was forever being mistaken for a local folk-rock musician. (I forget the name...Nick something, I think). people would stop me in the street and chat to me, thinking I was him, and people in bars would point to me and mime guitar playing (when I shook my head they would assume I was being shy or modest!)

One day I went to see Chip Baker live in a local folk pub. He had with him a rather hot Latin American singer to accompany him. She `halloed` me - in a meaningful way after the gig - presumably taking me for the aforesaid musician! Missed a trick there..!

Me in the head
v1.bjs1Nzc1Mjg7ajsxNzg3MTsxMjAwOzk2MDs3MjA

Me in my current experience. Appearance and attitude both.
23WWFIqk_400x400.jpg

Mind you, there's also a bloke who walks around Cromer wearing Christmas decorations and a sign around his neck reading 'JESUS' who looks nothing like him. NFN.

How do you know what Jesus looked like?

How do you know what Jesus looked like?
He looked nothing like this gentleman, I can tell you .. and Jesus wasn't into showing off as I've read.

Back