• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

You Look Just Like...

@Rabbit Will Run

If you were at a conference about 14 years ago and a guy, who looked a bit like Simon Pegg, made a slightly suggestive comment to you then you've definitely been mistaken for me. To explain he was a former colleague who saw someone who he thought was me and rather than saying hello he said something which was an in-joke between us but would sound a bit weird to someone else.
My childhood/teenagerhood best friend and I were always being mistaken for each other by teachers and when were seen together we were often asked if we were sisters but we could never see the resemblance ourselves.

Hello @Draheste . I live in the Isle of Man, not from here originally though. You are right though it is beautiful, and fascinating.

I was told i looked like Sabrina Duncan (Kate Jackson) in Charlies Angels, also Jane Badler of V,
kate-jackson.jpg
janebadler.jpg

Ah well here goes. An old boyfriend of mine ( now no longer with us) used to play hell with me and my friend. She had short dark hair and accentuated black eyebrows and I was little, blonde and er... voluptuous. Whenever he saw us he would say " Here comes Gladys Pugh and Barbara Windsor. So I used to say back at him that he was Jeremy Beadle. Over the years I have been told I look like Babs Windsor a lad in the pub the other week said I reminded him of her ( funny that as I am overweight these days). I have also been told years back I looked like Lucy off Dallas, Elaine Paige, Lulu and one friend of ours still calls me Dolly Parton. Hubby has always resembled Roger Daltry no matter his age. Another friend of ours calls us Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers. I think like Escargot that I look like the grandma from the Giles cartoon these days.

Forgot to add my sister always tells me I used to look like Baby Spice when I was younger. More like Old Spice these days.

Forgot to add my sister always tells me I used to look like Baby Spice when I was younger. More like Old Spice these days.
Skargy reckons I looked like Jason Donovan when I was younger, I'd post the pic but it's lost somewhere in my files.

Two of my sons are at the same college, a year apart, and people occasionally confuse them. You wouldn't think that was odd, two brothers so close in age to eachother, except for the fact they are really different. One is skinny, one is muscly. One is fair-haired, one has very dark hair. One has bright blue eyes. The other dark hazel eyes. Their noses aren't the same. The face shapes not the same. They are the same height but with different body types. I know I'm their mum so they won't look the same to me, but they have totally different builds and colouring. One of them looks like their dad. The other looks like me. And they are on totally different courses - one doing the Arts, one doing Sport coaching. I don't get how people confuse them.

And they don't hang round together at college, and their groups of friends barely overlap. So it's not like they're always together. Son 4 said to me the other day that a girl he knows saw Son 5 at a breaktime, and asked straight away if that was his brother. Yet they look nothing alike and don't even have the same facial expressions. Maybe it's just other people see something we don't.

Two of my sons are at the same college, a year apart, and people occasionally confuse them. You wouldn't think that was odd, two brothers so close in age to eachother, except for the fact they are really different. One is skinny, one is muscly. One is fair-haired, one has very dark hair. One has bright blue eyes. The other dark hazel eyes. Their noses aren't the same. The face shapes not the same. They are the same height but with different body types. I know I'm their mum so they won't look the same to me, but they have totally different builds and colouring. One of them looks like their dad. The other looks like me. And they are on totally different courses - one doing the Arts, one doing Sport coaching. I don't get how people confuse them.

And they don't hang round together at college, and their groups of friends barely overlap. So it's not like they're always together. Son 4 said to me the other day that a girl he knows saw Son 5 at a breaktime, and asked straight away if that was his brother. Yet they look nothing alike and don't even have the same facial expressions. Maybe it's just other people see something we don't.

It's the same with my husband and all of my sons. To my eyes, they look very different but people spot them as father and son or brothers all the time.

Similar body language or perhaps the same rhythm of speech?

Back