• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

You Look Just Like...

Two additions to my record breaking list, in a single encounter. He said Pierce Brosnan. She said John Barrowman. I should rent my face out to a travelling circus. The 8th wonder of the world.
Had you thought about modelling as a career option?

I'm a middle aged short arse. Mothercare and Jacomo are my only potential employers.

It's not that I look like a movie star, much less a generically handsome one, but rather what most of my alleged face alikes shares is a squarish chin and short dark hair that seem somehow typically American.

Last edited:
I know his Bruder.

7A646E11-5CFE-4764-8962-A3D3D691D5A8.jpeg

In 1984 I had a trendy 'shaggy perm'. There was a TV documentary* around that time about a young woman called Lucy Partington, who had vanished without a trace over the New Year of 1973/4. With my new hairstyle and large-lensed specs I looked very much like Lucy, for which reason her face and name stayed with me.

Ten years later, twenty years after she vanished, Lucy Partington's remains were eventually found with those of other victims of Fred and Rose West. Seeing her photo again was like looking back at my younger self. It still gives me a jolt.
Poor girl, how she must have suffered.

*The doc was in the World in Action series, one of those half-hour British factual shows that looked at a different subject every week. It was marking the ten-year anniversary of Lucy's disappearance. I've never found any trace of it online or a mention of it since.

Last edited:
Back