• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Your Favourite UFO Photo

Wow, good stuff. Thanks, y'all--keep 'em coming.

I've always liked the famous "foo fighters" photo. Maybe because it is in black and white so looks more mysterious. But maybe because there is something particularly creepy about the story. Being trailed by unknown lights in the sky on top of being in pretty much constant danger of being shot down? Brrr.

http://ufocasebook.com/foofighters.html

My favorite one, is right below these words, in my signature. Thats my ship. Its not photoshop, thats a real photograph of the thing. Very hard to find information about if you search or look for that picture online; very very difficult. Only exists to my knowledge in private domains, matter fact I could get into trouble for having it on a public forum, I'm not sure. I purposely grained it down to match my alien avatar, but a much better version of that photo does exist. Anyhow, the ship; she's all mine.

8)

I always liked the Ummo pics from Spain, the black and white ones of the saucer with the symbol of four lines on it. Pity they're supposed to be hoaxes.

Well, so much for sleep tonight.

Human, why could you get in trouble for having the picture? I don't understand.

I know it's a fake, but my favorite one (alien picture, not spacecraft picture) is the one with the monkey posing as an alien. It's just so creepy.

I don't know if it is because of all the discussion of triangles here of late, but as I looked at the battle of Los Angeles photo, I noticed a triangle :shock:
I took it into a photo-proggy and added a couple of lines to it.
I know it is more than likely just a trick of light and shadow ( and it being an old pic)
Picture Here

Peace
=^..^=217

If you're extrapolating a 'flying triangle' from the original image, I think that the 'underside lights' are more likely to be ack-ack shells or something - besides, it seems that the actual object is caught in the searchlights and if it were any bigger, you'd reasonably expect the illuminated area to be larger also.

Alien mysteries expected to draw thousands to McMinnville festival
The annual UFO event takes place near where a farm couple photographed a disc in the sky in 1950
Friday, May 13, 2005
KATE TAYLOR
For the frequent visitors to Alienscalpel.com, for those hopeful about new alien abduction prevention devices or concerned about an E.T.-AIDS connection, the Truth may be as close as McMinnville this weekend.

That's where one of the biggest UFO festivals in America takes place, uniting scholars and sci-fi lovers, believers and skeptics.

With a buzz of telepathic control, borgs and nanotubes, the festival opens with keynote speaker Roger Leir, a California podiatrist who's developed a sideline: removing alien objects implanted in humans who've been abducted and undergone alien surgery.

photo here http://ufologie.net/htm/trent.htm
article here (source)

host of festival here

[Edit- Quixote, tidying up url to stop page break]

I think some of the billy meier ones are really pretty.

billy meier

I think some of the billy meier ones are really pretty.
I remember when I first saw those back around 1978( they came out in a coffee table book ) I thought " holy crap!!" :shock
Guam animals:ANIMALS:
Fruit bats, small deer, pigs, goats, cattle, horses rodents, assorted birds, coconut crabs, cats and dogs inhabit the islands. While many of these dogs and some goats are feral they are not dangerous. http://www.heptune.com/Guamcrit.html

Whistling Jack said:
If you're extrapolating a 'flying triangle' from the original image, I think that the 'underside lights' are more likely to be ack-ack shells or something - besides, it seems that the actual object is caught in the searchlights and if it were any bigger, you'd reasonably expect the illuminated area to be larger also.

Actually there is nothing in the image at all; the searchlights were illuminating a layer of smoke caused by the ack-ack, and the whole thing was a case of mass hysteria and misidentification.
You can see this reasonably well because none of the light from the searchlights actually passes the level which the 'object' was supposed to be at; it was of course all absorbed by the smoke.
Three experienced observers including the commander of the anti-aircraft battery were unable to see anything but smoke, but vast numbers of other observers saw an inordinate number of objects, probably all caused by smoke and ack-ack explosions.

A fascinating case, but there is almost certainly nothing to it.

Regarding the photograph being sold on ebay, the owner asserts that it couldn't be a bird as the plane was flying at 35,000 ft. However, large birds can attain this sort of altitude as outlined in this bit of info I found easily on a bird research website:

"One of the highest altitude bird strikes on record involved a Boeing 747 that struck a large bird flying over the West African coast at 37,000 ft above sea level (ASL), but high-altitude bird activity generally occurs only during migration. At that time, birds attain greater heights either to take advantage of winds aloft or to pass over obstacles such as mountain ranges. Migrating Bar-headed Geese have been reported above the summit of Mount Everest, and typically cross the Himalayas at altitudes up to 30,000 ft ASL. A flock of swans migrating from Iceland to Western Europe was reported by a pilot at just over 27,000 ft ASL. Mallards have been reported at 21,000 ft, and Snow Geese have been reported at 20,000 ft."

ufo photos

Tis should be a GREAT issue!! of FT
Issue 197

On sale from 5 May 2005

Faking it…
Swiss contactee Billy Meier’s UFO photos have been taken as proof of ET visits while being dismissed by others as obvious frauds. When leading sceptics failed to produce anything comparable, Alan Friswell decided it was time to take matters into his own hands and demonstrate how easy it could be to make a flying saucer picture.

I myself for many years thought his stuff was fake ( I think after reading the book "light years" by ?? I forget-) It blows my mind that Billy Meier still has a fan base - and gets air time (usually by whoever is his current PR person) Usually on such shows as coast to coast etc...as "they " say the UFO industry is so mucked up with crap! Thats why its hard to get serious investigations going.

I love that old concorde footage, i know its been proven to be caused by the camera but it looked so spectacular the first time i saw it. My favorite photo is the classic Trent Photo from McMinnville Oregon Circa 1950.

Mentioned earlier but I'll post here. My favorite:

Image8.jpg

Whistling Jack said:
From spacejay.com, here's an old favourite followed by an interesting one which I'd never seen before: -

ufo-175.jpg

ufo-100.jpg

I think I've seen that second one before, err somewhere, but you're absolutely right, it's a great one, thanks for the link.

My other favorite, which scores pretty high on lopaka's personal, subjective, WTF?/"awfully difficult to explain (away)"- o-meter is the aerial photo taken over Costa Rica in the early 70's.

ufoevidence.org/Photographs/Photo303.htm
Link still works, but site now denies public access to the webpage.
See the thread dedicated to this incident:

Lake Cote UFO Sighting / Photo (Costa Rica; 1971)
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/lake-cote-ufo-sighting-photo-costa-rica-1971.69431/

EDITED TO ADD: I realize that 'favorite' does not neccesarily have any thing to do with 'compelling', though it is mostly for the latter reason I'm fond of that image.

Last edited by a moderator:
lopaka said:
My other favorite, which scores pretty high on lopaka's personal, subjective, WTF?/"awfully difficult to explain (away)"- o-meter is the aerial photo taken over Costa Rica in the early 70's.

http://www.ufoevidence.org/Photographs/Photo303.htm

EDITED TO ADD: I realize that 'favorite' does not neccesarily have any thing to do with 'compelling', though it is mostly for the latter reason I'm fond of that image.

It looks a lot like that one which was proven to be a button on a photo taken from an aeroplane over Venezuela in 1963. Could be the same type of thing.

GNC said:
lopaka said:

http://www.ufoevidence.org/Photographs/Photo303.htm

It looks a lot like that one which was proven to be a button on a photo taken from an aeroplane over Venezuela in 1963. Could be the same type of thing.

Interesting, GNC. You may very well be correct, I guess I need to do a little digging. Thanks for the tip. :)

I thought it was a pretty celebrated photo, but I can't find it anywhere on the web. Maybe you'll have more luck? It was a flight to Spain the picture was supposedly taken from.

thanks for sharing these, some good ones in there. I enjoyed seeing the monkey/alien photo again, I'd forgotten all about that one!

Back