• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Zana The Wild Woman

So we don’t have to go through the whole paper and the abstract of genomic research, could you simply for the rest of us, say why?

I bought something at Curry’s and the girl on the checkout has given me enough homework to do already.
It's not a long read. The upshot is that she was most closely related to the Dinka people and had no archaic hominin in her genetic make up. Descriptions of her give a very odd suite of characteristics, covered in hair, huge size, massive strength, no language. She must have had a combination of weird conditions. This, of course does not explain the almasty as a whole.

If we are going to say she was very odd....(I think most descriptions of her, however vague, make her out to be singular).

Why did she end up in a place where they said "Oh, Wildwoman, harmless creature, needs looking after..."

Rather than a place where it would be "Scary monster! Best get rid of?"

As most of the world would would be?

If we are going to say she was very odd....(I think most descriptions of her, however vague, make her out to be singular).

Why did she end up in a place where they said "Oh, Wildwoman, harmless creature, needs looking after..."

Rather than a place where it would be "Scary monster! Best get rid of?"

As most of the world would would be?
In the programme i saw about her, it said she was kept in a cage and local folk would come to see (and abuse and rape) her. :( :mad:

Back