• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Feeling A Terror

Stpauli9

Junior Acolyte
I touched a 'night terror' several years ago as I struggled to sleep. It was roughly 2:30, I was sleeping but my mind was still highly active and racing, it being a Saturday. I was possibly even warning myself to shut up and settle down when I felt a hand grasp my arm. And I grabbed it. No resistance-no demonic sound or funny feeling. Possibly my own arm grabbing myself and me not fully realising, but at that moment it felt certainly like it was coming from above me. I moved up the immensely hairy arm. It was thin and strong. And when I say hairy, I mean ape-like hairy. I moved up to the midway point, and there was nothing from the elbow up. It simply ended, allowing me to turn on my light and of course reveal the empty room and catch my breath. Of course, it ticked all the signs of a night terror, but at that time, I thought it could have been me.

871854ef6b976526f7491463237a210a.jpg

I touched a 'night terror' several years ago as I struggled to sleep. It was roughly 2:30, I was sleeping but my mind was still highly active and racing, it being a Saturday. I was possibly even warning myself to shut up and settle down when I felt a hand grasp my arm. And I grabbed it. No resistance-no demonic sound or funny feeling. Possibly my own arm grabbing myself and me not fully realising, but at that moment it felt certainly like it was coming from above me. I moved up the immensely hairy arm. It was thin and strong. And when I say hairy, I mean ape-like hairy. I moved up to the midway point, and there was nothing from the elbow up. It simply ended, allowing me to turn on my light and of course reveal the empty room and catch my breath. Of course, it ticked all the signs of a night terror, but at that time, I thought it could have been me.

Shades of Canon Alberic’s Scrap-Book and Casting the Runes!

:eek:

maximus otter

Reminds me of this little exchange between @Tigerhawk and myself, in the Recurring Dreams thread -

Tigerhawk - Dreamt I was being mugged. Horrified by the whole thing, I could actually feel the muggers grip on my wrist as they threatened me with a knife and demanded my wallet....

Me - Did you grip them back? I ask because I had a recurring dream where I'd be stabbed painfully in the side by a random passer-by and would wake up in a panic with my hand clenched over the wound.

It eventually dawned on me that the pain came from my own hand pinching my side. I decided that next time I'd consciously keep my hands still, and I did, and when the stab came I was ready and woke up pain-free. The dream never came back.

So could you have been trying to fight off the mugger in your dream and grabbed your own wrist? Just a thought.

I remember being in a lucid dream and testing whether I could touch things. So I smacked my hand against a wall and knocked on a wooden sideboard thing. Realistic sensations in both cases.

Back