• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Forteana & Weirdness On YouTube

An iceberg with some well picked unexplained phenomena.

Screenshot_20231002-214547_YouTube.jpg

heh, #15 is one of those non-mysteries that ended up being mass-hysteria... or so I've gathered from youtube. Weird architecture, probably wasn't built to be a daycare, currently semi-abandoned since the person who actually ran the daycare died. o it USED TO be a daycare, now it isn't.

Now this is a weird (and interesting one) from 1995:

Adam West hosts: Ghost Cars at the Winchester Mystery House​

Join host Adam West, TV's Batman, for unexplained twists of fate, weird occurrences, haunted automobiles, bizarre tales, and the strangest car stories ever told at the Winchester Mystery House! See assassination cars; Bonnie & Clyde Getaway Car; Indy 500 Death Car; Phantom Corsair; Tucker Torpedo; cars of Elvis, Clark Gable, Al Jolson, Howard Hughes; Winchester Pierce Arrow; Bugatti, and more!

I've just stumbled across this vintage beauty. 1963 - Lillian Gish

Last edited:
Nice collection of classic internet mysteries. Some are well known, but the summaries are good:

I agree that the summaries are presented clearly, succinctly, and in a balanced way without succumbing to undue woo.

In the unlikely event that it's anything more than a naked cash grab or a fake, the "pyramid ransom" mystery has some interesting implications. What could one person have discovered that would threaten the prevailing world order? It would have to be an artifact relevant to the Abrahamic religions that somehow contradicts the established dogma or narratives, like perhaps the original Ark of the Covenant with an alternate Ten Commandments inside, or an authenticated marriage certificate for Jesus and Mary Magdalene. I doubt many Eastern or South Asian religions would get too bent out of shape about new scriptures or artifacts, for example.

And what kind of a fool would try to blackmail the World Order? Instead of $5 million, a missile worth that much is the most likely delivery...

@lordmongrove, would you please just give a brief description of what your two links are? The videos require me to verify my age and sign in. I just want to determine if it is something that I want to view before having to go through the ridiculous sign in procedure. Thanks

@lordmongrove, would you please just give a brief description of what your two links are? The videos require me to verify my age and sign in. I just want to determine if it is something that I want to view before having to go through the ridiculous sign in procedure. Thanks
Here, the video descriptions with repastign the links to make sure I get them right.

"Shed 17"
They were the stories that have charmed an entire generation. From the books, to the television series, people around the world have grown up with the Railway Stories. But the truth behind Thomas and his friends is no childrens story. It is a story that begins in wartime Germany, and ends with a discovery that would change Thomas, and his friends, lives forever.This is the original version. I've re-uploaded it with better sound and some copyrighted music removed.

"Bertha: The True Story"
"Bertha was a short lived children's television series on British TV, starting in April 1985. It lasted only a year. But what those who remember the series seldom remember is the true story behind Bertha. Her origins, the allegations of murder, the collapse of the company she worked for, the intolerance of her and the events that threatened to destroy her are covered in this documentary, Bertha : The True Story."

I didn't watch either, this is all I know.

They are both piss take documetories about Thomas the Tank Engine and Bertha do as Stranger Thingsesque horror. They are really funny, in a drak way.

Since looking up the Quentin Smirhes videos, Youtube assumes I am a fan.

So I get, Quentin's Day Out in my in-tray.

Where is he going? My home-town! The bus-conductor's uniform and badge look authentic. Then things get disturbing . . .

The production values are quite high and the content so unusual. It has 30,000 subscribers - not massive for Youtube but probably a world-record for a beardy-man in Y-fronts.

This is certainly Weirdness on Youtube! :meh:

Some background here, maybe? I'm a fan, already!

Last edited:
This is a good one. Some I didn't know about:

Note: the thumbnail is clickbait, but the content is good ...

From the oldest manuscript ever found in the Americas to a document wrapping an Egyptian mummy - and printed in the wrong language - here are some of the most mind-blowing and unexplainable ancient manuscripts ever found.

Since looking up the Quentin Smirhes videos, Youtube assumes I am a fan.

So I get, Quentin's Day Out in my in-tray.

Where is he going? My home-town! The bus-conductor's uniform and badge look authentic. Then things get disturbing . . .

The production values are quite high and the content so unusual. It has 30,000 subscribers - not massive for Youtube but probably a world-record for a beardy-man in Y-fronts.

This is certainly Weirdness on Youtube! :meh:

Some background here, maybe? I'm a fan, already!
That has a nightmare quality to it. Great find.

A very good walktrough of a fictional and creepy video game.
Note: the game does not exist. There are several hours of video captures on YouTube from this nonexistent game. This is a summary of that:

I've recently discovered the You Tube channel of Peter Laws - from watching the Cophill church video. Started binge watching.

For what it's worth, just from the image of 'Knicker Knock Box' I'm thinking it's a pastiche of real children's programmes like Paperplay.

I've recently discovered the You Tube channel of Peter Laws - from watching the Cophill church video. Started binge watching.

For what it's worth, just from the image of 'Knicker Knock Box' I'm thinking it's a pastiche of real children's programmes like Paperplay.
I enjoy Frightful, Peter Laws' podcast. The episodes are relatively short (compared to the hour + ones) and interesting. He is a good storyteller.

Back