• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Latest Reports Of UFO Sightings

That is definitely a man in a spacesuit hanging out of the door of his invisible spaceship. He’s giving us a thumb’s up.
I believe your right - but is it man? Or is it dummy with some sort of rig on it's back?

Rapidly moving cylinder spotted over New York's LaGuardia Airport.
A drone seems the most likely explanation, but the apparent extreme velocity does appear anomalous:

View attachment 75953

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...fo-drone-new-york-city-laguardia-airport.html
Looking at this a bit closer - notice the brighter (light reflecting) spot on it's corner edge!
I believe I've come across this shape before - years ago, and it's more representative of this shape. . .

1714070388238.png

UFO reported over NYC as plane passenger captures 'flying cylinder' on video

A woman claims she saw a UFO while flying above New York City last month.

Michelle Reyes posted the surprising finding on Facebook, hoping that one of her friends would help her identify it.

UFO-179258.avif

In the video, Reyes' plane is flying over the city after taking off from LaGuardia Airport in Queens when a black object appears to zoom by faster than the plane itself.

Ben Hansen, host of Discovery's UFO Witness, chimed in to back up the veracity of Reyes' video.

"I found no evidence that she faked this or hoaxed it," he said, adding that the speed at which it moved was astounding.

"It passes at a seventh of a second and is present in five frames of the video," he said.

https://www.the-express.com/news/science/135582/UFO-New-York-City-sighting-cylinder-flying

maximus otter

UFO reported over NYC as plane passenger captures 'flying cylinder' on video

A woman claims she saw a UFO while flying above New York City last month.

Michelle Reyes posted the surprising finding on Facebook, hoping that one of her friends would help her identify it.

UFO-179258.avif

In the video, Reyes' plane is flying over the city after taking off from LaGuardia Airport in Queens when a black object appears to zoom by faster than the plane itself.

Ben Hansen, host of Discovery's UFO Witness, chimed in to back up the veracity of Reyes' video.

"I found no evidence that she faked this or hoaxed it," he said, adding that the speed at which it moved was astounding.

"It passes at a seventh of a second and is present in five frames of the video," he said.

https://www.the-express.com/news/science/135582/UFO-New-York-City-sighting-cylinder-flying

maximus otter
It is a lot better than the usual guff that appears in the Express. I know there are folk out there who will be able to pill up all the flight data etc and check for other aircraft in the vicinity. What does strike me is that is how a stationary object would look if you passed it at 200mph (the speed of the plane) so you can't rule out a large bird

I'd guess it is a stationary solar balloon too. Nice sunny day to fly one.

The apparent movement of the object is almost certainly due to the movement of the plane, not its own movement; the balloon will have been drifting with the wind.

Mick West has used the speed of the airplane and the size of the object on film to calculate an apparent diameter, assuming that the object is floating in mid-air like a balloon. He concludes that the object is about 2.7 feet long; consistent with a 'letter or number' celebratory balloon.

Here's a picture by member Kenny Biddle showing a letter L at the same distance.
snapshot_75-jpg.67919

Mick West has used the speed of the airplane and the size of the object on film to calculate an apparent diameter, assuming that the object is floating in mid-air like a balloon. He concludes that the object is about 2.7 feet long; consistent with a 'letter or number' celebratory balloon.

Here's a picture by member Kenny Biddle showing a letter L at the same distance.
snapshot_75-jpg.67919
Letter L? Where?

That black shape in the photo is an inflated letter L seen from the side. You can just about see the highlight on the end of the short arm facing directly towards the camera.
Here is the photo taken by Biddle compared with the same balloon taken before launch.

l.png

That black shape in the photo is an inflated letter L seen from the side. You can just about see the highlight on the end of the short arm facing directly towards the camera.
Here is the photo taken by Biddle compared with the same balloon taken before launch.

View attachment 76021
That's very convincing. . . guess that clears that one up then! :bthumbup:

Back