• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
If I were in the UK, I'd be on a train trying to find Norwich!

As it is, I'd encourage anyone who can to attend. If you want more Fortean projects and greater interest in the topics of interest to our community, attendance at such events is one of the best possible means of promoting these things.

Plus Paul is of our stable and a gentleman to boot.

Edit: Sorry, a gentleman, to boot.

They told me that it will be recorded so hopefully it'll be available for viewing at some point.
GAHH!! .. I absolutely could have got there if I'd read this sooner and would have also got to meet you .. the bus service is even doing a £2 deal at the moment!. Gutted Paul. I'm looking forward to watching your talk as soon as you can link to it here please.

GAHH!! .. I absolutely could have got there if I'd read this sooner and would have also got to meet you .. the bus service is even doing a £2 deal at the moment!. Gutted Paul. I'm looking forward to watching your talk as soon as you can link to it here please.

It's next month, Mate.

I'm delighted that there has been interest in my talk on this board. There are other areas where the level of enthusiasm has been nothing short of pitiful.

As luck would have it, the talk will be 22:00 - 23:00 KST, which means I should be able to join the livestream on my commute home since the Korean subway provides free high-speed wi-fi.

Somewhat faster than planned, the "live" tickets have now gone, but the online version is still available

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/onli...lee-tickets-815073455647?aff=ebdsoporgprofile

Just some clarification for the less tech-savvy.

First, you will need Zoom on your phone or computer.

https://zoom.us/signup#/signup

If you already have Zoom but haven't used it in ages, it will almost certainly want to update. Do it now or prior to the talk.

To register go here:

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/onli...lee-tickets-815073455647?aff=ebdsoporgprofile

Click on this (on the right):

Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 00.55.46.png

Sign up and follow the link that is emailed to you. It will take you to a link to get your tickets. Clicking on that will give you this:

Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 01.00.33.png

Clicking on that 'Open in Zoom' link will take you straight to the talk. It's good to be 'around a few minutes before the specified time (note: mine is displayed at non-UK local time--the talk is not at 10 p.m.). The link will be active 30 mins before the scheduled start of the talk.

They told me that it will be recorded so hopefully it'll be available for viewing at some point.
Dammit I can't make that time. Please let us know when the recording is available as I'd really like to hear it. If I haven't already said it the book was bloody brilliant.

Cheers mate!
Done. It will appear in Mrs T's name as she has the Amazon account!

I'll add for anyone on here, seriously, get a copy you won't be disappointed - you could also pester your local library to buy it. Most authors I talked to when I worked in libraries were keen to get their books on the shelves as it increased awareness of them and often led to increased sales. We had a local bookseller near one of our branches who was initially a bit worried by having a free source of books nearby but who later told me that he was surprised by the number of people ordering books from him who had read it from the library and wanted a copy of their own.

Back