• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

People Who Feel Wrong

Update. Posted for some time about my horrible (animal/child abusing) old neighbours who felt wrong, who we eventually "helped" move after a court case and the local paper doxxed them, making a move slightly urgent...

Thought some of yous might like to hear the upshot - as we now have new neighbours.

Pretty tense time getting new neighbours after neighbours from hell as anyone will tell you who's experienced it.

House was empty many months. done up and then it stood empty several more months. Finally, after nearly 11 months, the new tenants moved in.

Almost as if we ordered them online. Bloke does my husband's old job. Woman does my old job. They have a disabled kid with the same disability as one of my kids. Lots of overlaps of interests. Basically, they're our neighbours if we could have gone to a shop and chosen them. Funny, kind, chatty (but not in an annoying way). Basically, everything the previous lot weren't. Strangely, a younger version of ourselves in a way that's almost uncanny.

So if you spot a wrong un - follow your instincts. Get em gone. I went through one of the worst experiences of my life (which has been pretty shit so that's saying something), that day in court, giving evidence and getting the animal cruelty conviction on one of them. But by the gods, it was worth every second of torture - and the lengthy, agonising wait for it to come to court cos covid delays. Now a lovely, deserving family has a great house they can enjoy. The wrong uns would still be there if I hadn't acted.

In other news, it appears the creepy ex neighbours' marriage ended, they've gone their separate ways and left my old village - where they moved to after the press gave out their address. (I'd been upset they were moved to a place where I still know some good people). And I didn't even get round to doing the nithstang.

Update. Posted for some time about my horrible (animal/child abusing) old neighbours who felt wrong, who we eventually "helped" move after a court case and the local paper doxxed them, making a move slightly urgent...

Thought some of yous might like to hear the upshot - as we now have new neighbours.

Pretty tense time getting new neighbours after neighbours from hell as anyone will tell you who's experienced it.

House was empty many months. done up and then it stood empty several more months. Finally, after nearly 11 months, the new tenants moved in.

Almost as if we ordered them online. Bloke does my husband's old job. Woman does my old job. They have a disabled kid with the same disability as one of my kids. Lots of overlaps of interests. Basically, they're our neighbours if we could have gone to a shop and chosen them. Funny, kind, chatty (but not in an annoying way). Basically, everything the previous lot weren't. Strangely, a younger version of ourselves in a way that's almost uncanny.

So if you spot a wrong un - follow your instincts. Get em gone. I went through one of the worst experiences of my life (which has been pretty shit so that's saying something), that day in court, giving evidence and getting the animal cruelty conviction on one of them. But by the gods, it was worth every second of torture - and the lengthy, agonising wait for it to come to court cos covid delays. Now a lovely, deserving family has a great house they can enjoy. The wrong uns would still be there if I hadn't acted.

In other news, it appears the creepy ex neighbours' marriage ended, they've gone their separate ways and left my old village - where they moved to after the press gave out their address. (I'd been upset they were moved to a place where I still know some good people). And I didn't even get round to doing the nithstang.

I'm glad they are gone and you secured a conviction. Are the press allowed to give out addresses?

It's very satisfying to see a wrong un get whats coming to them particularly if you have had a hand in their demise. Stressful at the time but I'm a great believer in the principle of what goes round comes round. These sort of characters will inevitably come to some sort of sticky end but the problem is that this can take a long time. Glad that you have nice neighbours they can make life so much more pleasant.

I originally enjoyed the tv programme Escape to the Chateau but gradually suspected that the couple were nothing like their tv personas in reality. It has come to light that the producers and tv company have kicked them into touch, no longer being able to stand their obnoxious behaviour. Amongst the allegations was that the woman repeatedly called one of the female team an effing c***. TV personalities rarely portray how they are in real life. Presumably they have lost a very nice source of income but no doubt will reappear in another guise at some point.

Well done @Ghost In The Machine. I felt so sorry for you while the problems were ongoing it's so good to read of an excellent outcome but it's thanks to your persistance. Really good to read that some deserving folk now have a nice place to live and of course they will be having a decent neighbour already in place!

Nice work GINT :cool:.

I'm glad they are gone and you secured a conviction. Are the press allowed to give out addresses?
It's a stand of just 4 houses between villages so they didn't give out house number, just the street address but that was enough for any randomer to come find them, I guess.

I suppose you stay fairly anonymous if you're on a street with 200 houses, and the press out you - but if you're in the back end of beyond and only 3 other households, it does narrow it down.

Nice work GINT :cool:.
Cheers. Probably the best thing I've ever done, as a great family who lived in a small flat for years now, have a really nice house with a big garden for their kid. It's made the whole thing worthwhile. They also have family in the village so lots more support nearby now for them than they had where they lived before.

Just realised it's now been a year since I had that awful feeling of the hairs standing up on my arms and that weird sort of "just before you faint" feeling I used to get if I so much as saw them out of the window. Never had that visceral reaction to anyone, ever, in my life. It's weird how even your body knows, sometimes, that someone is just not right. The other neighbour still bumps into them occasionally as her kid is in the same class at school as one of their's and she said her heart just pounded when she rounded a corner in school and saw the female ex neighbour there, in a place she couldn't avoid her. So it seems it wasn't just us.

Last edited:
Cheers. Probably the best thing I've ever done, as a great family who lived in a small flat for years now, have a really nice house with a big garden for their kid. It's made the whole thing worthwhile. They also have family in the village so lots more support nearby now for them than they had where they lived before.

Just realised it's now been a year since I had that awful feeling of the hairs standing up on my arms and that weird sort of "just before you faint" feeling I used to get if I so much as saw them out of the window. Never had that visceral reaction to anyone, ever, in my life. It's weird how even your body knows, sometimes, that someone is just not right. The other neighbour still bumps into them occasionally as her kid is in the same class at school as one of their's and she said her heart just pounded when she rounded a corner in school and saw the female ex neighbour there, in a place she couldn't avoid her. So it seems it wasn't just us.
Is the 'just before you faint' feeling caused by dramatic drop in blood pressure - ie, shock? I sometimes get it when I've done myself the tiniest of injuries (last time it was when I squashed the tip of a finger between two baskets in the shop and had to sit down with a cup of tea before I could go back to wor. No injury, but really quite alarming results). It would make absolute sense.

Is the 'just before you faint' feeling caused by dramatic drop in blood pressure - ie, shock? I sometimes get it when I've done myself the tiniest of injuries (last time it was when I squashed the tip of a finger between two baskets in the shop and had to sit down with a cup of tea before I could go back to wor. No injury, but really quite alarming results). It would make absolute sense.
Not sure. It's the only time it ever happened to me and not even when I was where they could get to me, but I'd feel like that even just seeing them through a window. Total visceral "these people aren't right" feeling, and had it from the start even before we knew what they were like. Got to the point I'd feel like it before I saw they were there, and you'd look out of window and sure enough, there they were. Interesting the other neighbour also had an involuntary response, even just seeing them.

Only had a dramatic fall in blood pressure that I know of, once in my life (reaction to an epidural) and I blacked out. Don't recall if that was precisely the same feeling but I think similar.

It's very satisfying to see a wrong un get whats coming to them particularly if you have had a hand in their demise. Stressful at the time but I'm a great believer in the principle of what goes round comes round. These sort of characters will inevitably come to some sort of sticky end but the problem is that this can take a long time. Glad that you have nice neighbours they can make life so much more pleasant.

I originally enjoyed the tv programme Escape to the Chateau but gradually suspected that the couple were nothing like their tv personas in reality. It has come to light that the producers and tv company have kicked them into touch, no longer being able to stand their obnoxious behaviour. Amongst the allegations was that the woman repeatedly called one of the female team an effing c***. TV personalities rarely portray how they are in real life. Presumably they have lost a very nice source of income but no doubt will reappear in another guise at some point.
Tickets for their speaking tour of theatres are on sale now. Yes really.

Sorry, yes, I have sticky keys on my old laptop - and there's not a lot of difference between 'war' and 'work' in retail.
Working in retail ........... you absolutely HAVE TO watch the Kevin Smith early 90's film CLERKS catseye .. if I can find a link to it so you watch it for free, I'll pm that to you. It's awesome.

Working in retail ........... you absolutely HAVE TO watch the Kevin Smith early 90's film CLERKS catseye .. if I can find a link to it so you watch it for free, I'll pm that to you. It's awesome.

What do you make of his newer ones Swifty? Apparently Mall Rats 2 is in development.

What do you make of his newer ones Swifty? Apparently Mall Rats 2 is in development.
As much as it pains me, they're terrible. Clerks 2 was excellent, Clerks 3 was an embarrassment .. as was Tusk, Yoga Hosers and the Jay and Silent Bob reboot. Because for the first time in his life, Kevin Smith started smoking weed and admits it. He's now stopped (he says) so hopefully his natural creativity will return. I quite enjoyed Cop Out. I was indifferent to Red State. I'll watch Mall Rats 2 but I'm not expecting something amazing. How about you?.

As much as it pains me, they're terrible. Clerks 2 was excellent, Clerks 3 was an embarrassment .. as was Tusk, Yoga Hosers and the Jay and Silent Bob reboot. Because for the first time in his life, Kevin Smith started smoking weed and admits it. He's now stopped (he says) so hopefully his natural creativity will return. I quite enjoyed Cop Out. I was indifferent to Red State. I'll watch Mall Rats 2 but I'm not expecting something amazing. How about you?.

Not seen any to be honest, podcasts I listen to haven't liked any of the newer ones and many of those people are Smith fans.

Clerks 1 and 2 are very good. The rest of Smith's films have their brief moments but they're not a patch on Clerks 1 & 2 mate.

Sorry, have seen Clerks 1 and 2. Liked the former not so keen on the latter. Have also seen Dogma and bits of Mallrats and Chasing Amy, not seen any of the newer ones though.

But the hardest tutoring I ever had to do was this woman who literally couldn't shut up. Even as you were trying to teach her how to do this skill - so need some shutting up to happen, just so you can deliver the info they need to Do The Thing. But would she eff shut up.
There's a woman at work like that, in the sense that whatever you say to her, she's immediately off on a stream-of-consciousness tirade.

You can tell her the first part of something important, stop to draw breath then never deliver the rest because she's talking rubbish for ten minutes.

We were in Walt Disney World last week, trotting across Epcot to get to the Guardians of the Galaxy ride, when I heard a dragging sound behind us and turned my head to see a little old lady with the most enormous bag just behind us - this was a Lego bag, must have been about half the size she was and seemingly packed with stuff. It was catching on the floor as she walked down a ramp. Well, off we went to the ride which has a virtual queue - you have to book a slot online, and then the app notifies you when your boarding group is loading. Even so, the queue was pretty long, so we were beginning to make our way up the ramps inside when a squeaky voice from behind me asked whether the ticket was needed any more, could she put it away? It was the little old lady with the enormous bag, who had obviously kept pace with us onto the ride. She can't have been more than 5ft 2 tall, looked in her late 70s or older, white hair in a bun, a blue flowered dress, and THE BAG. I told her that she didn't need the ticket further on, and she tucked it away at the top of the bag. We carried on queuing.

After a few minutes, the old lady managed to attract my attention and asked what my favourite part of World Showcase was. I said Norway, because it has a boat ride and a dangerous gift shop, and then China for its 360 degree film experience. She nodded her head, said that sounded like a good place to start, and then asked if I thought it was better to go and look round World Showcase or stay here for the ride. At this point I was a bit weirded out. GotG is a fast ride, very exhilarating, loud music, and this lady didn't seem to know what she was getting on - yet she must have been techno-savvy enough to have booked a place in the virtual queue. I told her that it depended on what you liked, fast loud rides or more gentle entertainment. We carried on queuing.

Then as we walked past the Xander Star Blaster model, the old lady asked the In House GP what that was, so he said it was a star ship out of the movie. When we got out of line into the first waiting room, she was still behind us, but I did hear her interact with another couple to her side. Happily, in the second waiting room, we knew to go right to beat the masses, and she didn't re-appear after that.

Normally the IHGP would have been chatting away to such a person - he can't help himself - but he had kept very quiet during most of the exchanges. He said he felt there was something wrong - as if he had got into conversation, somehow she would have attached herself to us for the rest of the ride and the evening. She was obviously in Epcot on her own and didn't seem to know anything about the place - and then there was THE BAG. I was sure she was going to expire on the ride, myself.

We were in Walt Disney World last week, trotting across Epcot to get to the Guardians of the Galaxy ride, when I heard a dragging sound behind us and turned my head to see a little old lady with the most enormous bag just behind us - this was a Lego bag, must have been about half the size she was and seemingly packed with stuff. It was catching on the floor as she walked down a ramp. Well, off we went to the ride which has a virtual queue - you have to book a slot online, and then the app notifies you when your boarding group is loading. Even so, the queue was pretty long, so we were beginning to make our way up the ramps inside when a squeaky voice from behind me asked whether the ticket was needed any more, could she put it away? It was the little old lady with the enormous bag, who had obviously kept pace with us onto the ride. She can't have been more than 5ft 2 tall, looked in her late 70s or older, white hair in a bun, a blue flowered dress, and THE BAG. I told her that she didn't need the ticket further on, and she tucked it away at the top of the bag. We carried on queuing.

After a few minutes, the old lady managed to attract my attention and asked what my favourite part of World Showcase was. I said Norway, because it has a boat ride and a dangerous gift shop, and then China for its 360 degree film experience. She nodded her head, said that sounded like a good place to start, and then asked if I thought it was better to go and look round World Showcase or stay here for the ride. At this point I was a bit weirded out. GotG is a fast ride, very exhilarating, loud music, and this lady didn't seem to know what she was getting on - yet she must have been techno-savvy enough to have booked a place in the virtual queue. I told her that it depended on what you liked, fast loud rides or more gentle entertainment. We carried on queuing.

Then as we walked past the Xander Star Blaster model, the old lady asked the In House GP what that was, so he said it was a star ship out of the movie. When we got out of line into the first waiting room, she was still behind us, but I did hear her interact with another couple to her side. Happily, in the second waiting room, we knew to go right to beat the masses, and she didn't re-appear after that.

Normally the IHGP would have been chatting away to such a person - he can't help himself - but he had kept very quiet during most of the exchanges. He said he felt there was something wrong - as if he had got into conversation, somehow she would have attached herself to us for the rest of the ride and the evening. She was obviously in Epcot on her own and didn't seem to know anything about the place - and then there was THE BAG. I was sure she was going to expire on the ride, myself.
Probably a lonely old soul who just wanted human company and interaction in a place full of people. I did some stuff for a charity for the elderly and came across many folk like that. To outsiders they may have seemed eccentric or something but in reality were isolated, lonely and generally struggling.

Was she a real little-old-lady, or was there any element of fakeness about her? It almost sounds like someone trying really, really hard to look like a little old lady - and the first thing that sprang to my mind was either a performance artist or a member of staff who is paid to be made up to look really old to either chat to customers or to test out whether people will react to them doing rides.

The whole 'white hair, bun, blue flowery dress' just sounds a bit overdone to me.

Back