• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

People Who Just Disappear (Go Missing)

I guess it would probably take about 30 seconds for a car to fill with water to the point where it would hit the bottom and not move again.
Depending on how fast the river was moving, though. We've seen cars here getting swept away trying to cross a flooded ford. People drown inside and the car can go a considerable distance past the ford.

400 People Never Returned Home After Visiting This US National Park​

Explore the eerie tales surrounding 400 people who never made it home after visiting Mount Rainier National Park.

But here's the thing about Mount Rainier – beneath all that beauty lies a sleeping giant. Mount Rainier is an active volcano whose history is as fiery as its potential future. But there's another unsettling truth – the mountain’s undying hunger for people. Over the years, numerous explorers have vanished without a trace on its treacherous slopes.

https://www.thetravel.com/hikers-lost-in-mount-rainier-national-park/

Last edited:
This led me to a fascinating bit of correspondance, where someone had applied under the FOI act to find out how many people had gone missing in UK National parks. The answer? You'd have to apply to each individual park for the information, as there is no central body collecting the numbers! So no idea how many people in total vanish in UK National Parks, or which of ours is the most dangerous.

This led me to a fascinating bit of correspondance, where someone had applied under the FOI act to find out how many people had gone missing in UK National parks. The answer? You'd have to apply to each individual park for the information, as there is no central body collecting the numbers! So no idea how many people in total vanish in UK National Parks, or which of ours is the most dangerous.

Do not let David Paulides read this post.

Back