• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strange Crimes

Ummmm.
This was posted on the BBC York Facebook page.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles...SJSoCTGHUJp-eflWDCjM9-4164Y7qE7xd4o-Lw9z6M8Vf

I almost commented "I'm glad it was hidden. What kind of pervert would put in obvious cameras, with blinding lighting rigs?"
1714234801710.png

Nick Frost up to his usual tricks again?

Strange in that it's been allowed to get to this state;

@Yithian @Tunn11 @Erinaceus

The bluebell woodland turned 'desolate wasteland'​

An aerial image of the waste tipped into Hoads Wood with a vast area of waste sat surrounded by green trees

Campaigners and community members living near an ancient bluebell woodland in Kent say it has been turned into a "desolate wasteland", buried under uncleared, "illegally" dumped waste.

A petition signed by more than 6,500 people is calling for an "immediate clean-up" of Hoads Wood near Ashford.

Ashford Borough Council also said it was also investigating reports of an "odour nuisance".

Trees buried in a pile of rubbish in the foreground with bluebells visible on the woodland floor in the background

Waste dumped into the ancient woodland near Ashford is encroaching upon bluebells growing in the area.

Hoads Wood is a protected Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) and an area of outstanding natural beauty, which ought to be carpeted in bluebells at this time of year but instead huge swathes of the woodland is buried tens of feet deep in waste.

The Rescue Hoads Wood campaign group said community members would see as many as 20-30 trucks per day dumping waste at the woods at the height of the problem in July 2023.

Mountains of waste piled against trees in the centre of a woodland

Some areas of Hoads Wood, which should be carpeted in bluebells at this time of year, are buried in feet of fly-tipped waste
Some residents fear toxic liquid from the site could end up in the river and have reported a “nasty” rotting eggs smell coming from the waste.

A spokesperson for Rescue Hoads Wood said: "I’ve even smelled it from my bedroom on one occasion.
“It’s a feeling of being poisoned. And the only way when it’s here you can escape it is by leaving your property and leaving the area completely.”

Stagnant green water lies below huge piles of grey waste in the middle of a woodland

Communities have raised concerns about "nasty" smells and potential water pollutants originating from the uncleared waste.

A spokesman for Ashford Borough Council said to date it has been “unable to establish that the issues have crossed the threshold of a statutory nuisance” but that it continued to "liaise with the relevant agencies" including Natural England and the EA.

The EA reiterated that it was continuing its investigations into illegal fly-tipping at the site and was "determined to keep one step ahead of criminals".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/czq5nd45p8zo

Not quite my part of Kent, but disgusting all the same.

I'll be honest, I try not to read too much news from the UK these days--it's simply too dispiriting.
This country is declining into savagery. It's best that you don't hear too much about it, it'd bring you to tears.

A few areas near me have put trail cams up at any point where a truck could stop near to wodland/open spaces/etc. along with notices in order to catch these fly tippers. That is industrial scale fly tipping - given the spread of housing "developments" around Ashford (again not my area of Kent) I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't some way of getting the area approved for another housing scheme. "Oh! Shame! Still everything there is dead now, may as well concrete it over. When we build on it we'll plant a bush or two."

That is just pathetic. What does it mean “unable to establish that the issues have crossed the threshold of a statutory nuisance”? That just sounds like people don’t want to deal with it.
I know what you mean. However I suspect that outdated laws and bye-laws are being used in order to allow big firms to do this; is there a claim that it is organic waste and, therefore, doesn't contravene any restrictions?
Are firms employed by councils to collect garden waste and these, in turn, are dumping it under the "Well, it's all organic - innit?" banner?

Fly-tipping with consent?

1714330772426.png

Maastricht Petrus Guild robbed of uniforms in Rome

A Roman Catholic bearer guild from Maastricht has been robbed of its uniforms in Rome. The damage runs into thousands of euros, according to the association.

A bearers' guild is a Catholic association that carries and accompanies a particular statue of saints, relic or other religious object during a procession. The guild from Maastricht is dedicated to image of the apostle Peter. Its members wear red-and-black uniforms during church processions.

The Guild of Saint Peter had travelled to Rome last Thursday to celebrate its 20th anniversary. ‘On the occasion of the jubilee, we wanted to go to Peter's tomb,’ chairman Jos van Rooij told L1 News. ‘A kind of pilgrimage.’

https://nos.nl/artikel/2518527-maastrichts-petrus-gilde-in-rome-beroofd-van-uniformen

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

That is just pathetic. What does it mean “unable to establish that the issues have crossed the threshold of a statutory nuisance”? That just sounds like people don’t want to deal with it.
I was recently reading an article by a journalist/commentator who writes for one of the newspapers here and he said how when you report an issue to the police/council etc, the typical reply nowadays (also experienced by me) is ''that's odd, no one else has reported it'' - when you know for a fact that others have indeed done so.

Apathy is widespread amongst many sections of the authorities here these days - sometimes due to pure lack of resources (especially in the case of the police force), but more often due to incompetence/laziness in my opinion, especially with councils.

As for a statutory nuisance- my council thinks that dogs barking non-stop for hours doesn't warrant any intervention from them.

Florida Man, 46, Arrested For Road Rage Al Dente

The victim in the drive-by attack, cops say, was hit in the “arms, legs, and torso” by a road-raging Florida motorist.

But the male escaped without injury because he was only struck by “pasta w/ sauce,” according to a police report.

pastagoins24.jpg

Cops allege that Nolan Goins, 46, was involved in a road rage incident “over glaring headlights” Thursday night while driving near his St. Petersburg residence.

“The defendant threw food (pasta w/ sauce) from the passenger seat of his vehicle striking the victim through his open window as he operated his vehicle,” reported a sheriff’s deputy.

Goins was charged with battery, a misdemeanor, and booked into the county jail. Goins, who was freed on $1000 bond, is a painting contractor whose rap sheet includes convictions for selling marijuana, obstruction, and battery (twice), as well as a multitude of traffic infractions.

Investigators did not identify the kind of pasta or sauce used in the alleged attack. It is also unclear if Goins was transporting his dinner (or leftovers) home or whether he regularly travels so armed.

https://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/battery/pasta-battery-bust-759032

maximus otter

Florida Man, 46, Arrested For Road Rage Al Dente

The victim in the drive-by attack, cops say, was hit in the “arms, legs, and torso” by a road-raging Florida motorist.

But the male escaped without injury because he was only struck by “pasta w/ sauce,” according to a police report.

pastagoins24.jpg

Cops allege that Nolan Goins, 46, was involved in a road rage incident “over glaring headlights” Thursday night while driving near his St. Petersburg residence.

“The defendant threw food (pasta w/ sauce) from the passenger seat of his vehicle striking the victim through his open window as he operated his vehicle,” reported a sheriff’s deputy.

Goins was charged with battery, a misdemeanor, and booked into the county jail. Goins, who was freed on $1000 bond, is a painting contractor whose rap sheet includes convictions for selling marijuana, obstruction, and battery (twice), as well as a multitude of traffic infractions.

Investigators did not identify the kind of pasta or sauce used in the alleged attack. It is also unclear if Goins was transporting his dinner (or leftovers) home or whether he regularly travels so armed.

https://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/battery/pasta-battery-bust-759032

maximus otter

Happened at Spaghetti Junction.

Deliveroo rider bites off Aldershot customer's thumb -​

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68558464

Don't argue with Deliveroo riders until after Friday ...

A delivery rider who bit off a customer's thumb continued working for Deliveroo, even after the account she was using at the time was suspended.

Jenniffer Rocha, 35, from Aldershot, Hampshire, previously pleaded guilty to grievous bodily harm after an argument over a pizza in December 2022.

Following her court appearance, Deliveroo cancelled her account.

But BBC News filmed Rocha in April still delivering food, again apparently using a Deliveroo rider account.

A second account that Rocha was accessing has also been suspended, Deliveroo said.

She is due to be sentenced on Friday.

The big three delivery apps - Deliveroo, Just Eat and Uber Eats - announced this week they would tighten up their systems to check the identities of what are called "substitute" riders.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-hampshire-68928464

Don't argue with Deliveroo riders until after Friday ...

A delivery rider who bit off a customer's thumb continued working for Deliveroo, even after the account she was using at the time was suspended.

Jenniffer Rocha, 35, from Aldershot, Hampshire, previously pleaded guilty to grievous bodily harm after an argument over a pizza in December 2022.

Following her court appearance, Deliveroo cancelled her account.

But BBC News filmed Rocha in April still delivering food, again apparently using a Deliveroo rider account.

A second account that Rocha was accessing has also been suspended, Deliveroo said.

She is due to be sentenced on Friday.

The big three delivery apps - Deliveroo, Just Eat and Uber Eats - announced this week they would tighten up their systems to check the identities of what are called "substitute" riders.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-hampshire-68928464

_132966527_sn_jennifer_rocha_01.jpg

**** me, you’d go for the head shot, wouldn’t you?

maximus otter

Max, you are a shining beacon of humanity.

I've noticed that those who criticise appearance aren't exactly the prime of example themselves.
In politics, I'm disgusted by the criticism of female politicians based on their looks.
I despise people on their actions, not the way they look.
The story is bizarre - no doubt - and it's all a bit weird. But the commentary is on the suspects looks rather than what actually happened?

Let me get this straight.
The 'humour' is based on the woman's looks.

Ha.
Ha. Ha.

I've noticed that those who criticise appearance aren't exactly the prime of example themselves.
In politics, I'm disgusted by the criticism of female politicians based on their looks.
The story is bizarre - no doubt - and it's all a bit weird. But the commentary is on the suspects looks rather than what actually happened?

Ha.
Ha. Ha.

If it had been an odd looking male I would have made the same comments. This person is a freak and more than deserves comments that she actually looks like someone who would eat you alive. She could act as a Troll or Ogre without any need for make up.

I accept that I look like Aleister Crowley.

Ha.
Ha. Ha.

I thought exactly this. And then believed I was too feeble to deal with the responses. I am ashamed :(

Man Nabbed For Fried Chicken Battery On Sister

A 20-year-old man is behind bars, charged with launching a fried chicken fusillade at his sister during a domestic clash in the Florida residence they share.

According to investigators, the poultry pelting occurred Sunday afternoon in the Clearwater home of Khanye Medley and his sibling.

khanyemug24.jpg

During a “verbal altercation,” Medley grabbed a bag of Church’s Chicken from his sister and began throwing pieces of chicken at her. “One piece of fried chicken hit the victim in the back and left debris of food on her shoulders.”

After being read his rights, Medley reportedly admitted throwing two pieces of chicken, “one of which hit her.”

The motive for the chicken winging? Medley “stated he did this because he had not eaten and did not want the piece of chicken the victim offered him so he became upset.”

Despite that hangry defense, Medley was arrested for domestic battery, a misdemeanor, and booked into the county jail.

https://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/stupid/fried-chicken-battery-675930

maximus otter

A 20-year-old man is behind bars, charged with launching a fried chicken fusillade at his sister during a domestic clash in the Florida residence they share.

'A perfect fusillade of knocks reverberated through the house...'

‘Possessed’ murder suspect ‘ate man’s face, eyeball and ear’ after killing him

A man has been accused of killing a convenience store customer before ‘eating’ his face in Las Vegas, Nevada.

SEI_202232827-103f-e1714638145524.jpg

Colin Czech, 29, reportedly tackled Kenneth Brown to the ground on Las Vegas Boulevard near Charleston Boulevard just before 5am Sunday.

A 7-Eleven employee told police a man had punched a customer in the parking lot before tackling the man and smashing his head on the concrete.

About 45 minutes later, police received another call from witnesses reporting a man fitting the same description now at a bus stop ‘eating’ another man’s face.

The victim, identified by the broadcaster as Kenneth, was taken to hospital having sustained a large cut to his face and missing an eye and an ear.

‘He was later pronounced deceased by medical personnel,’ the police added.

Officers found Czech with ‘biological matter in his hair, mouth and on his clothing’, according to arrest documents.

Czech was taken into custody at the Clark County Detention centre on an open murder charge at 5.57am.

He claimed he was homeless, had been awake for ‘five days straight’ because he was ‘possessed’ and that Kenneth had attacked him.

He used his ‘teeth to eat [Kenneth’s] eyeballs and ears’, he told detectives.

https://metro.co.uk/2024/05/01/possessed-murder-suspect-ate-mans-face-eyeball-killing-20757997/

maximus otter

‘Possessed’ murder suspect ‘ate man’s face, eyeball and ear’ after killing him

A man has been accused of killing a convenience store customer before ‘eating’ his face in Las Vegas, Nevada.

SEI_202232827-103f-e1714638145524.jpg

Colin Czech, 29, reportedly tackled Kenneth Brown to the ground on Las Vegas Boulevard near Charleston Boulevard just before 5am Sunday.

A 7-Eleven employee told police a man had punched a customer in the parking lot before tackling the man and smashing his head on the concrete.

About 45 minutes later, police received another call from witnesses reporting a man fitting the same description now at a bus stop ‘eating’ another man’s face.

The victim, identified by the broadcaster as Kenneth, was taken to hospital having sustained a large cut to his face and missing an eye and an ear.

‘He was later pronounced deceased by medical personnel,’ the police added.

Officers found Czech with ‘biological matter in his hair, mouth and on his clothing’, according to arrest documents.

Czech was taken into custody at the Clark County Detention centre on an open murder charge at 5.57am.

He claimed he was homeless, had been awake for ‘five days straight’ because he was ‘possessed’ and that Kenneth had attacked him.

He used his ‘teeth to eat [Kenneth’s] eyeballs and ears’, he told detectives.

https://metro.co.uk/2024/05/01/possessed-murder-suspect-ate-mans-face-eyeball-killing-20757997/

maximus otter
Drugs. There have been other cases like this, psychosis brought on by drug use.
Bath salts? Zombie drug? Can't remember what the drug is called.

Back