• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kadyrov?

Kadyrov is reportedly in critical condition - Andrii Yusov, representative of Ukrainian Defense Intelligence.
Some Russian media inform that Kadyrov is in a coma.
Mr. Yusov said that some of Kadyrov's illnesses have intensified, and that's why he's in a critical condition. He added that this information gets confirmed from various sources.
"He's been sick for a while, and it's about systematic health problems. But he's been in a bad state for the last few days" - Yusov about Kadyrov.

Tsk.
An unfortunate occurrence that has no impact on the Russian government ... apart from the expense of a 'condolence card' to the family.

Do we have this one already? Oh, I see we had this end of august:

A top Russian space scientist, Professor Vitaly Melnikov, has passed away after allegedly ingesting poisonous mushrooms. Professor Melnikov, who headed the Department of Rocket and Space Systems at RSC Energia, Moscow’s leading spacecraft manufacturer, suffered from severe poisoning for over two weeks before succumbing to the illness. The exact circumstances surrounding his poisoning have not yet been disclosed

https://ts2.space/en/russian-space-scientist-dies-allegedly-from-poisonous-mushrooms/

Vitaly Melnikov, 77 died weeks after an unmanned spacecraft crashed onto the surface of the moon, embarrassing setback for Russia

Last edited:
Do we have this one already? Oh, I see we had this end of august:

A top Russian space scientist, Professor Vitaly Melnikov, has passed away after allegedly ingesting poisonous mushrooms. Professor Melnikov, who headed the Department of Rocket and Space Systems at RSC Energia, Moscow’s leading spacecraft manufacturer, suffered from severe poisoning for over two weeks before succumbing to the illness. The exact circumstances surrounding his poisoning have not yet been disclosed

https://ts2.space/en/russian-space-scientist-dies-allegedly-from-poisonous-mushrooms/

Vitaly Melnikov, 77 died weeks after an unmanned spacecraft crashed onto the surface of the moon, embarrassing setback for Russia
Interesting that they should choose such a method, rather than the usual defenestration.

Russian anti-war protestor Olga Nazarenko has died following a "fall from height".
She had been persecuted by The Kremlin and detained multiple times for "discrediting the Russian army”.

olga.png

Along with the peace sign, her banner reads "If those who oppose the war are locked up in jail, then fascism has won" (according to Google translate).

RIP a very courageous woman.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2023/10/22/russian-anti-war-activist-dies-fall/

Last edited:

Russian Oil Magnate Found Dead as Spate of Mysterious Deaths Continues​

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-oil-magnate-vladimir-nekrasov-dead-lukoil-1837300

Vladimir Nekrasov, the head of the board of directors at Lukoil, died after what initial medical reports suggest was "acute heart failure," state-run news agency Tass reported on Tuesday, citing the company. He spent almost 50 years in the oil and gas industry, Russian media reported.

He is the third of Lukoil's senior executives to die since the outbreak of the war in Ukraine 20 months ago. In September 2022, Lukoil chairman Ravil Maganov died after reportedly falling from a window in a Moscow hospital. However, the oil company said Maganov had "passed away following a severe illness."

I'm not quite sure what is mysterious. Defenestration has been a traditional method of disposing of dissidents everywhere east of Saxony since medieval times.

Dam poor window design if you ask me

I think it's awful.
Not that it's for ages been an execution method, but that the Russian government uses it as an execution method so blatantly!
If they were arresting these people and shooting them in public, it'd be outrageous. But doing it this way threatens everyone, since everyone feels certain it's not an 'accident' and can be done at any time as an ex-judicial killing.
If opponents of this country's government - of any political stripe - were 'accidentally' dying in this number, there'd be massive public outrage. It shows, though, how far the Russian state has been happy to show off it's authoritarianism.

I think it's awful.
Not that it's for ages been an execution method, but that the Russian government uses it as an execution method so blatantly!
If they were arresting these people and shooting them in public, it'd be outrageous. But doing it this way threatens everyone, since everyone feels certain it's not an 'accident' and can be done at any time as an ex-judicial killing.
If opponents of this country's government - of any political stripe - were 'accidentally' dying in this number, there'd be massive public outrage. It shows, though, how far the Russian state has been happy to show off it's authoritarianism.
But has it ever been any different? I'm not justifying it, but the Russian people have never known democracy of any sort. They have there own ways of coping with a vicious and arbitrary governance which is all they have ever known. These brave people who defy the leadership know the risk they take by stepping outside the norms, and I support them. Whether they will ever change anything is more doubtful.

As seen in Iraq, when you take away an absolute monarch or authoritarian dictator, you need to fill the void pretty damn quick. Like Russia, if you are used to iron-hard authoritarianism, then you can't get your head around democracy. If you've been imprisoned in an empty cell, to sleep on the floor, it's hard to adjust to freedom and a comfortable bed.
This is why many people who have been raised in a democracy - no matter how flawed - find it unbelievable how such governments exist.

The flats have windows.
It's amazing how many people can 'accidentally die' while leaning out of their ground-floor window and breaking their neck.
"Tsk. Tsk. Tragic!"

As seen in Iraq, when you take away an absolute monarch or authoritarian dictator, you need to fill the void pretty damn quick. Like Russia, if you are used to iron-hard authoritarianism, then you can't get your head around democracy. If you've been imprisoned in an empty cell, to sleep on the floor, it's hard to adjust to freedom and a comfortable bed.
This is why many people who have been raised in a democracy - no matter how flawed - find it unbelievable how such governments exist.
It happens in the US and I assume all western countries as well. Usually we don't get to hear about it.

A few months back I was reading a long article in a magazine (I think it was Nexus) about the number of American politicians that have died during the last 10 years in very suspect and often mysterious circumstances.

It happens in the US and I assume all western countries as well. Usually we don't get to hear about it.

A few months back I was reading a long article in a magazine (I think it was Nexus) about the number of American politicians that have died during the last 10 years in very suspect and often mysterious circumstances.
Nexus! Does it still exist?

Putin crony found dead in yet another mystery fall from window

The body of yet another Vladimir Putin ally has been found following a suspected fall from a third-floor window.

Vladimir Egorov, 46, was a member of the ruling United Russia party and prominent politician in the oil-rich Tobolsk region in western Siberia.

His body was found in the yard of his home, with a source close to the investigation noting there was ‘no visible sign of a criminal death on [his] body’.

Heart problems are among ‘the most likely’ explanations, according to Russian media, in line with several untimely deaths among prominent figures since the start of the war on Ukraine.

How that relates to Egorov falling out of a window is less clear.

https://metro.co.uk/2023/12/28/putin-crony-found-dead-yet-another-mystery-fall-window-20034985/

maximus otter

Putin crony found dead in yet another mystery fall from window

The body of yet another Vladimir Putin ally has been found following a suspected fall from a third-floor window.

Vladimir Egorov, 46, was a member of the ruling United Russia party and prominent politician in the oil-rich Tobolsk region in western Siberia.

His body was found in the yard of his home, with a source close to the investigation noting there was ‘no visible sign of a criminal death on [his] body’.

Heart problems are among ‘the most likely’ explanations, according to Russian media, in line with several untimely deaths among prominent figures since the start of the war on Ukraine.

How that relates to Egorov falling out of a window is less clear.

https://metro.co.uk/2023/12/28/putin-crony-found-dead-yet-another-mystery-fall-window-20034985/

maximus otter

It's a medically known fact that people with heart conditions just can't resist leaning out of a fully opened window.

It's a medically known fact that people with heart conditions just can't resist leaning out of a fully opened window.
I know you're joking, but there is a theory that people with respiratory problems can desperately lean out of windows and fall. There's even the theory that Giles Deleuze (French philosopher) did NOT commit suicide but that it was a real accident.

I suppose it makes sense - people panic and do desperate things if they're choking or suffocating.
Perhaps Russian officials overreact? ;)

Only a third floor window? People are getting lazy, Putin must be having a hard time finding competent help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back