• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Sandman: TV Show On Neil Gaiman's Dream

I found the casting for the mc a little... I dunno. Tom whateverhisnameis is probably lovely, but, for me, he doesn't quite have the cheekbones of The Sandman. He's got the hair but his face is a little bit bland. Loving everyone else though - and the wonderful David Thewlis plays a blinder as John.

Dead Boy Detectives: A supernatural horror detective comedy-drama television series set in The Sandman Universe. Reprising their roles (as guest stars) from The Sandman are Kirby Howell-Baptiste as Death and Donna Preston as Despair. The main protagonists are ghosts Charles Rowland (Jayden Revri) and Edwin Paine (George Rexstrew), who decided not to enter the afterlife and instead stay on Earth to investigate crimes that involve the supernatural. Their clients are ghosts who have stuck around. They are persuaded to help a young psychic Crystal Palace (Kassius Nelson) who is possessed by a persistent demon (David Iacono) and also help out Niko Sasak (Yuyu Kitamura) who is beset by Dandelion Imps. The Dead Boys are now joined by Live Girls in their investigations. Their cases take them to the US where they clash with a Witch (Jennifer Lyon) and the Cat King (Lukas Gage) among others. Quite dark, with Demons dragging reluctant ghosts off to Hell whilst Death usually applies a gentler approach. As well as Demon and Angry Ghosts. human murderers are also a problem. Not to mention the Night Nurse (Ruth Connell) one of Death's mid-level staffers who is intent on returning the Dead Boys to their rightful places. Did I mention that Edwin spent more than 70 years in Hell before escaping? It was an administrative error but the Afterlife has a vast Steampunk style bureaucracy. I'm loving this series though it also deals with the personal traumas and secrets of both the live and dead characters. Quite literally a matter of life and death. Too many other characters to mention. Just watch it! Developed by Steve Yockey based on the DC Comics characters of the same name by Neil Gaiman and Matt Wagner. Showrunners are Yockey and Beth Schwartz. Eight episodes on Netflix. 8/10.

Dead Boy Detectives: A supernatural horror detective comedy-drama television series set in The Sandman Universe. Reprising their roles (as guest stars) from The Sandman are Kirby Howell-Baptiste as Death and Donna Preston as Despair. The main protagonists are ghosts Charles Rowland (Jayden Revri) and Edwin Paine (George Rexstrew), who decided not to enter the afterlife and instead stay on Earth to investigate crimes that involve the supernatural. Their clients are ghosts who have stuck around. They are persuaded to help a young psychic Crystal Palace (Kassius Nelson) who is possessed by a persistent demon (David Iacono) and also help out Niko Sasak (Yuyu Kitamura) who is beset by Dandelion Imps. The Dead Boys are now joined by Live Girls in their investigations. Their cases take them to the US where they clash with a Witch (Jennifer Lyon) and the Cat King (Lukas Gage) among others. Quite dark, with Demons dragging reluctant ghosts off to Hell whilst Death usually applies a gentler approach. As well as Demon and Angry Ghosts. human murderers are also a problem. Not to mention the Night Nurse (Ruth Connell) one of Death's mid-level staffers who is intent on returning the Dead Boys to their rightful places. Did I mention that Edwin spent more than 70 years in Hell before escaping? It was an administrative error but the Afterlife has a vast Steampunk style bureaucracy. I'm loving this series though it also deals with the personal traumas and secrets of both the live and dead characters. Quite literally a matter of life and death. Too many other characters to mention. Just watch it! Developed by Steve Yockey based on the DC Comics characters of the same name by Neil Gaiman and Matt Wagner. Showrunners are Yockey and Beth Schwartz. Eight episodes on Netflix. 8/10.
Oh this sounds right up my street!

Am still persevering with Sandman, slowly. But Dead Boy Detectives seems to be my next 'must watch'.

Absolutely loved this.

Ruby Stokes smashes everything I've seen her in so far.

I was gobsmacked this didn't get renewed.

STEPHEN!!!!!
Have you read the books? I must get around to getting them, I've heard a lot of good things and it might fill the Lockwood Gap.

Have you read the books? I must get around to getting them, I've heard a lot of good things and it might fill the Lockwood Gap.
started listening to the Audiobook of the first book, but can't cope with the narrators voice. I'll likely get the kindle version.

Back