• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Unexplained Creature Captured On Camera

iamfrank

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
On Saturday 19/03/11 I was round at a friend's house who lives in Preston, UK. I have agreed to do some garden maintenance for them, put some flower beds in, bird table etc.

It was in the mid afternoon around 2:30 PM that I was out in the back garden making some sketches, taking notes, and suggesting a few ideas to my friend.

I also took a number of photographs for later reference.

The weather was cloudy/sunny outbreaks, my Samsung SGH-D900 Digital camera was set to fully automatic, and the photo is of the side of the house, it was taken while I was stood back at the far back of the back garden, roughly about 20-25 feet from where the photo starts, the digital zoom was applied, roughly half zoom as far as I can remember.

It was only a couple of days ago when I was going through the photos that I spotted on the photo in question what appears to be a small, strange figure moving across the bottom of the garden brick wall.
I did not see anything at the time of taking the photograph, and nothing unusual showed up on any of the other photos which might explain the figure.

I have no logical explanation as to why the figure would appear on a random garden photo I took, the only rational explanation that I can think of is that the thing must be some kind of living creature and was moving?

Only trouble is, it does not resemble any kind of animal I have ever seen.

I am pretty sure that the object is not a glitch, reflection, lens flare, shadow, etc, as the object looks too well defined as a shape of a figure, as one can clearly see on a close up and zoom a head, arms, body, legs, and what clearly looks like a walking figure can be seen.

The object looks like it is close to the brick wall and reflecting daylight, and looks to be behind the sun rays and glare.

I showed the photo to my friend whose house it is, he said it is rather interesting, but also rather disturbing at the same time.

I am baffled as to what the object is and to why it would show up on a random garden photo I took.

I have decided to share the image to get some opinions.

I include the original photo here.

Thanks,

Frank Hawthorn-Photo Copyright 2011 Frank Hawthorn.

prestonalien.jpg

You're ten days too late with this! HAHA!
(Thepic is labelled *Prestonalien*) :lol:

coaly said:
You're ten days too late with this! HAHA!
(Thepic is labelled *Prestonalien*) :lol:

To be fair, it would appear to be ufocasebook.com that's given it that label, not the OP. And to be equally fair, it was submitted to them on the 1st April (apparently). Make of that and the photograph what you will. It certainly doesn't appear to be a trick of the light (although tricks of the light, by their very nature, shouldn't appear to be tricks of the light), which means it's probably either a fake or an unknown creature. Personally, I'd plump for the former, if only because I don't believe it to be an unknown creature...but I would say that, wouldn't I.

Might be a plant struggling to shake off winter and embrace the spring?

This clearly shows an adult male specimin of the common brownie (Homo incoladomus). This small hominid evolved in a simboyotic relationship with our ancestors. They are found alone or in small family groups in many older houses. They do simple household chores in return for food, milk and a place to sleep. This dark skinned phase is typical of the urban brownie that became darker during the smoggy days of the industrial revolution.

lordmongrove said:
This clearly shows an adult male specimin of the common brownie (Homo incoladomus). This small hominid evolved in a simboyotic relationship with our ancestors. They are found alone or in small family groups in many older houses. They do simple household chores in return for food, milk and a place to sleep. This dark skinned phase is typical of the urban brownie that became darker during the smoggy days of the industrial revolution.

Indeed. As Ireland was less industrialised they turned green and became known as Leprechauns.

The left arm, the one that's closest to us, it has a thicker top half than the other arm.

But I see a thin waist through which I can see the lighter concrete between the bricks.

The eye is the same colour as that concrete.

The position of the sun makes me ask why there's any light able to shed any highlight on the shoulder and the head?

The proximity to the wall makes me feel like it's a model leaned up against said wall. Doesn't seem very compelling to me.

Windupis Prestonia, a common enough species. Often found in shots of unremarkable brick walls and similar.

alien_in_park.jpg

The fact that someone pointed this photo out of a similar creature, only strengthens the fact that what I captured on camera is probably the same species of ET or creature, so thanks for the person pointing this out.

For me to post the other garden photos would simply be a waste of time, as they revealed nothing unusual.

As for the claims of my photo showing a figurine, I still wait to see someone post the actual figurine or something remotely close, plus you will need video evidence of me planting the figurine and photographing it, to back up any of your far-fetched, unfounded and untrue allagations.

I understand that 99.99% of people who use these forums have never had a paranormal experience, so quickly try to debunk anyone else who comes forward.

Face facts, what you are seeing is one of the worlds clearest images of a probable ET...FACT.

iamfrank said:
The fact that someone pointed this photo out of a similar creature

I was looking at that very photo last night as a comparison. This is a world wide phenomena then? Given the comparison photo is from Chile?

iamfrank said:
I understand that 99.99% of people who use these forums have never had a paranormal experience, so quickly try to debunk anyone else who comes forward.

I guess that's me. 0.01%, the outsider then....

Frank, with the greatest respect, go easy. You've posted it on the "Fortean Times Forum", as have countless other people through the years only to become upset when no one agrees with their theory. As I've experienced and discovered, you can only stand by your belief in your experience. By posting it on the public forum of the FT I was prepared for the disbelief and I would suggest you take that stance also. To date no one who challenged my experience has provided me with proof it was anything other than what I believed I saw.

This photograph, again with respect, could be created in Photoshop or with a model. Don't be so concrete in your belief, be prepared to defend your experience (only you have that) and open yourself to the possibilties that it might not be what you think it is. In all walks of life there are skeptics and believers. Having experienced something you may find there are more fence sitters here than you think and certainly they are quite intelligent, they do sometimes come out with plausible possibilities.

I still have my doubts.

The thing's eye is the same colour as the concrete it's passing, behind it? Which leads me to Photohshop.
It's left arm is considerably thinker than it's right, which doesn't seem to be the case with the Chile photograph. Again I'd think it's bad Photoshop or a piece of man shaped wood left leaning against the wall.
It's reflecting daylight while in shadow behind a wall, with the sun behind it? That I don't understand at all, this would makes it's skin shiny as opposed to matt...even slimy ?!?!?

I'd also like to hear what you think about those folks who noted the photo was released on April 1st?

As a intelligent person surely you would have considered this when you decided to release the photo?

You took the Photo on the 19th, noticed the figure at a later date but decided April the 1st was the best day to release it?

Why?

Could be a bin liner? Or part of one, caught on a nail, fluttering in the wind?

Maybe one or two photos of the wall with no beastie (not the same size mind) might help?

So, in less than a week you've gone from:

iamfrank said:
I am baffled as to what the object is and to why it would show up on a random garden photo I took.

to:

iamfrank said:
Face facts, what you are seeing is one of the worlds clearest images of a probable ET...FACT.

What other evidence has come to light that's caused your bafflement to change to such certainty?

You don't seem to have explained why you took a photo of a brick wall.

Just arrived in my inbox, sent by a friend who I now have back tracking it. I have no clue to it's authenticity but I post it as it looks similiar.

Screenshot2011-04-18at143122.png

And the original...as sent to me.

wtf-13.jpg

iamfrank said:
..I understand that 99.99% of people who use these forums have never had a paranormal experience, so quickly try to debunk anyone else who comes forward.
And you base this figure on what, precisely? Having read pretty much every thread on here, and observed trends and overall zeitgeist for the best part of a decade, I'd say the demographic is 10% skeptic, 10% true-believer, and the remaining 80% rather more Fortean in outlook and attitude, give or take. Which basically means not dismissing anything merely because it doesn't fit into a paradigm, but equally not embracing something wholesale precisely because it doesn't fit into a paradigm. Each case on its own merit. Where we differ from skeptic or true-belief forums is that we listen from a non-cardinal viewpoint: the former will argue it's got to be fake because they know such things don't exist, and the latter think everything is proof because skeptics are really closed-minded, but they the believers know the truth.

We do neither.
Again, all other things being equal, and accepting you have posted this in good faith, how do you know it's an E.T.? Not a terrestrial fairy, or terrestrial cryptid, or ghost, or elemental..

I'm not saying it's any of the above, either, necessarily, (nor am I saying the above don't exist) but as others have said, you've posted to a Fortean board, and we do (usually) subject things to deductive reasoning.

Which is what we're doing here. Don't take it personally.

iamfrank said:
On Saturday 19/03/11 I was round at a friend's house who lives in Preston, UK. I have agreed to do some garden maintenance for them, put some flower beds in, bird table etc.

I'm immediately suspicious. The sun never shines in Preston.

stuneville said:
how do you know it's an E.T.? Not a terrestrial fairy, or terrestrial cryptid, or ghost, or elemental..

An ornamental?

Mooksta -

Your pic reminds me of a dog jumping to catch a ball.

I just took a very close look at the first photograph using Photoshop.

The coloration of the "creature" is very close to the coloration of the brick wall. The "eye," indeed, is the same color as the nearby mortar.

I rotated the image to see whether it would resolve into something I could recognize, but rotation didn't help.

Close inspection of the "feet" seems to show three limbs touching the ground in front of the brick wall.

What this is, I don't know; but, I'd put it down to a fluke of the camera unless the creature appears in other snaps.

As for Mooks' picture: a monkey? A cat starting to jump?

For all the skeptics out there who keep asking me to post another image of the garden showing the same patch of garden, to prove that it is a real garden and that I did infact take more photos of the garden. Well here is another photo, taken on the same afternoon showing the same patch of garden where the creature can be seen in the original photo.

Notice how NO roots, sticks, blobs, weeds, plants, marks, figurines can be seen, NOTHING there, proof that what I captured on film is infact a moving, living, breathing creature, more than likely an Alien.

So sorry, but either put up or shut up, as they say in Hollywood.

Cheers, Frank.

4437d1303215025-unexplained-creature-captured-camera-garden.jpg

Thanks posting the picture Frank but I'm sorry, I'm not joining a forum to see it. Perhaps you could host on Photobucket?

Any chance of addressing some of the other questions asked?

iamfrank said:
put up or shut up, as they say

Ten minutes in Photoshop. Given ten hours, goodness knows what you could do?

PUOSU.jpg

iamfrank said:
Notice how NO roots, sticks, blobs, weeds, plants, marks, figurines can be seen, NOTHING there, proof that what I captured on film is infact a moving, living, breathing creature, more than likely an Alien.

No, it isn't. You've posted one still image, which isn't nearly as indicative of a 'moving, living, breathing creature' as a piece of video footage or even a sequence of photographs would be.

Also, unless you have images of whatever it is descending from the heavens, I don't see how you can state that it's 'more than likely an alien'.

So sorry, but either put up or shut up, as they say in Hollywood.

I think you'd do well to follow your own advice if you want to change the opinions of those on this thread.

4437d1303215025-unexplained-creature-captured-camera-garden.jpg

No need to join any forum mate, here is the photo as posted above, Nothing there, NO ROOTS, WEEDS, STICKS. MARKS ETC ETC ETC.

As for the photo-shop pathetic little effort, posted above, well what can one say??? Nothing really, apart from pathetic, send it for analysis like I have, they would laugh you all the way to the loony bin mate.

Face facts.............it's an ALIEN.........FACT.

Christ!

It's a little cross-in-a-box alien!

INSIDE MY SCREEN.

iamfrank said:
As for the photo-shop pathetic little effort, posted above,

I thought it half decent.

Anyways you refuse to answer any of the other questions, you're not open to debate and seem steadfast in your belief. I still can't see the photo, no need to bother.

I can hear the sound of mods, closing this thread by the start of page three....

I never trust anyone who goes from faux-naîve in their first post to aggresively rude certitude in subsequent posts. It's the tactic of the con artist who doesn't like to be questioned.

Good luck with your "facts". I'm sure you'll make a fortune out of this.

i would have photo shopped a Chinese lantern as well,just to make sure the alien link is PROVED BEYOND DOUBT!!!!!!! :)

Back