• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Odd People: Cranks, Eccentrics & Nutters

The Man with Nae Troosers

"Strange" is too harsh but I wanted to talk about the Man with Nae Troosers who lives near me. He first came to my attention when I was walking to my running club one night during the winter. I was carrying some things for a collection for the food bank and emergency services that the club do and was concentrating on not dropping them. So I didn't notice there was a man standing in his doorway without any trousers on until he drew my attention to it by apologising for not having any trousers on. (they were dirty and he was getting out of them before going into the house). Anyway that sort of thing sticks in your mind so I began to look out for him each time. I have since seen him getting cross with his shed for not closing properly and keeping a wooden pelican in his garden with various things in its beak. Recently he has taken to whistling the theme from The Good The Bad and the Ugly whenever I walk along the street. He seems like a nice man but I just think it is kind of sweet so wanted to share. :)
No I wouldn't say "strange" is too harsh:)

The Man with Nae Troosers

"Strange" is too harsh but I wanted to talk about the Man with Nae Troosers who lives near me. He first came to my attention when I was walking to my running club one night during the winter. I was carrying some things for a collection for the food bank and emergency services that the club do and was concentrating on not dropping them. So I didn't notice there was a man standing in his doorway without any trousers on until he drew my attention to it by apologising for not having any trousers on. (they were dirty and he was getting out of them before going into the house). Anyway that sort of thing sticks in your mind so I began to look out for him each time. I have since seen him getting cross with his shed for not closing properly and keeping a wooden pelican in his garden with various things in its beak. Recently he has taken to whistling the theme from The Good The Bad and the Ugly whenever I walk along the street. He seems like a nice man but I just think it is kind of sweet so wanted to share. :)
Just to clarify - all of the times you have seen him there are no trousers or just the first time?

The pelican vanished, I asked after it and he had given it to a neighbour. I told him I had been appreciating his efforts with it but was glad it had gone to a good home. I wasn't entirely surprised to find it reinstated this morning, though now I feel slightly guilty. :)

It's always nice to read an obituary in the FT of a real character I was previously unaware of, and the Reverend David Johnson was certainly that. Here's what The Church Times had to say about him:
Obit

He was such a troublemaker it's almost shocking he became a man of the cloth, but he did. I bet there will be some great stories still being told about him well into the future.

"A starry path seemed to beckon . . ." What a nice phrase!

I may have mentioned him before, but when I lived in West Yorkshire, I would regularly see a gentleman walking the roads often in the middle of nowhere. He was dressed in what could only be described as a monk's habit and sandals' even in the snow. Saw him for 20 years or so until I moved. He would always smile and wave at passers by and they would wave back. The strange thing was that he never seemed to age at all. Who he was I've no idea and I've not Google'd him, preferring to remember just the way he seemed to have such an effect on people.

I may have mentioned him before, but when I lived in West Yorkshire, I would regularly see a gentleman walking the roads often in the middle of nowhere. He was dressed in what could only be described as a monk's habit and sandals' even in the snow. Saw him for 20 years or so until I moved. He would always smile and wave at passers by and they would wave back. The strange thing was that he never seemed to age at all. Who he was I've no idea and I've not Google'd him, preferring to remember just the way he seemed to have such an effect on people.
I know exactly who you mean, and have been on the receiving end of his wave and smile myself. He is celebrated within this very forum, although I'll respect your wishes and not link.

Bit of an odd bod even if it is for a good cause.

A veteran fundraiser aims to complete a gruelling hike up Snowdon in a diving suit weighing 130lb (59kg) on the last leg of his Three Peaks challenge.

Lloyd Scott, 58, who has already walked up the highest peaks in England and Scotland, hopes to finish by Monday.

"If I had recced the peaks before I would have said it's not possible," he said.

He has so far raised more than £46,000 for the Lord's Taverners which supports disadvantaged and disabled children.

Lloyd Scott at the summit of Scafell Pike

Image copyright PA MEDIA Image captionLloyd Scott at the summit of Scafell Pike, in the Lake District National Park, in Cumbria

Mr Scott, from Theydon Bois, Essex, is no stranger to tough challenges, having taken part in numerous charity events over 30 years, including completing the 2002 London Marathon in the deep-sea diving suit. ...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-54498446

The health tips of John McAfee. I have no idea what this stuff is:

I'm 74. How do I survive 2 quarts of whiskey and 3 packs of unfiltered cigarettes every day?

Because I also take 3,000 mg of N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine, inject 5,000 mcg. of Cyanicobalamin and take massive amounts of milk thistle extract, magnesium, calcium and thiamine daily.

Simple. https://t.co/hqChbbCYf9

Methelynedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV)

a-php

a-pbp

Absolutely NOT for beginners!!!!!!

I FUCKING MEAN IT!!!!!!!!!!

And as a Catholic I should be offended by his evening prayer but I'm too much amused for that:

Yes. Forgot.

"Dear gods, ... whichever one of you is awake and caring, if any, please bring as much pussy into my life as I can handle. Amen".

Worth noting (yes, he's currently behind bars):

If he's behind bars, what the hell is he doing on Twitter? Have they given him a Playstation too?

That is what a good number of people have asked him. He insists that he is currently incarcerated, but has not explained his conspicuous connectedness.

That is what a good number of people have asked him. He insists that he is currently incarcerated, but has not explained his conspicuous connectedness.

An open prison so open you can sleep in your own home at night?

Most of us have heard about the man who was stuck in years of limbo at an airport because of red tape, Tom Hanks even played him in the Steven Spielberg film The Terminal .. it turns out his true story was way more complicated and interesting, he in fact had lots of opportunities to leave the airport later on but didn't want to. He'd become institutionalised .. and also, he wasn't the only one ..

Although he behaved in a strange way under strange circumstances, I'm not convinced he qualifies as a 'strange' person .. he just adapted. He knew what was going on ..

The Man Who Lived In An Airport For 18 Years

Last edited:
Here is a whole collection of strange folk in the comments:
https://9gag.com/gag/a0NDWyO

This is just the text, here for posterity. The original thread has lots of pictures:

We have Timmy the Vehicle in my city, hes a crazy person walking on lanes pretending to be a car, hes been at it for almost 20 years, even the police switch lanes and salute him when they drive by him, timmy is a legend

guy in my city always walks his bunny, he also dresses like some black dude in anime

I am from Flensburg, small town in Germany, and we have the infamous "Penner im Bus" (Bus-hobo) who became famous through YouTube Videos of him in the entirety of Germany. Seen him live 6-7 times, and he always puts up a good show. Every picture of him is in Ufo-sighting quality, but he is still quite known to YouTube germany.

I give you OIL MAN. This resident from my city, Curitiba, goes out cycling wearing nothing but a speedo (and mask now) and oils up his entire body. He's famous around here.

We have "Roller skates dancer guy", an athletic man in his 30s who brings with him a speaker and dances on roller skates through the city. We all love him very dearly

my town we called him "Blaulicht Peter" "Blue light (Police) Peter". He was allways first on spot (on his bike) when there was an accident.

we have a whole bunch of these in Basel. lets start with the "Grinsfrau" (grinning lady). the harmless old woman randomly walks up to people and smiles at them until they smile back. if you are sitting she will patiently stand next to you until you do and ive heard tales of her following people around for a while until they smiled.

next is a man that calles himself "Prinz Dom Manuel III de Portugal Hohenzollern Borbone Bourbon Bragança" and claims to be the rightfull king of portugal. he mostly spend his time sitting in front of city hall with flyers and signs looking for people willing to support him in his quest for the crown of portugal.

there is this guy, known as the secret agent. the used to hang around the train station and claims to work for a russian female rights organisation founded by his wife, which he apparently hasnt seen since the mid 90ties.

this guy is commonly known as the general, the legionaire of "Schmürzel" (from swiss-german schmürzeln = to smell like being burned). he usually runs around with camoflage and medals, hence general and legionaire (myth is that he served in the french foreign legion and got burned badly there). truth is, he set himself on fire.

We have Spoons in Vancouver. Someone said he was a talented skateboarder in the late 80s who had his legs broken due to debts. He now walks the streets downtown with bowed legs, playing the spoons and breaking up fights

In my town we have the cowboy, he’s a 60ish year old man going from bars to bars every weekend, dancing like the 60s and getting free beers cuz people like him. He’s not retarded or anything, just a funny old man who stayed in the past. Bought him a couple shots myself.
He always dresses as a cowboy and takes poses in the middle of the street when bars arent open. When we come across him we just say hi, he says hi back and we continue our day

In Antwerp we had "the crazy scot". I think he died. Haven't seen him for a while.
Just a crazy bearded dude wearing a kilt, yelling at random people and objects like poles.

We have a old guy in my city called "volster" he is a hobo thats basicly immortal.
This is the list he have survived.
Overdosed on morphine about 8 times.
Drank 1L bleach
Jumped infront of a truck 3 times.
Shot 4 times.
Stabbed around 5 times.
Aids.
Broken spine.
Dead liver for 3 month without help.
Alot more.
Dont really know how much of this is myth or legend. But everyone kinda agree that this is what he have gone through.
The immortal one.

in Eindhoven there is Arnol Kox. He was know as a streetpreacher who would repeatedly shout quotes endlessly after eachother. Quotes like; Do you want to live forever or forever be dead?! , You know what you know but you don't know what you don't know, Do you want to live now or does your life start until after you die?
He was like the backtune of the shopping street
He died this June due to Leukemia.

I live in Viborg in Denmark, and here we have Kjole-Ole (Dress-Ole, Ole being his name.) he is a friendly older gentleman who has come to be a local celebrity. He is always seen wearing womens dresses around town, and noone in my town bats an eye, as he has done so for over 10 years i believe

Munich: Oelschlager Zwillinge. Always bickering either at each other or at someone filming them.

We have a guy called Pauly he is about 18/19 and has some kind of retardation. Everybody knows him he and i like how nobody is mean to him, he did a Instagram livestream crying because his girlfriend left him and there were like 80 people watching the stream trying to cheer him up in the chat. That was so wholesome

We have ”the purple man”, a man in his 80:s who exclusively wear purple outfits and rides his bicycle about 30km a day. Madlad.

We have a guy in Bremen his name is Klaus Bärbel. A drunk (and most likely mentally ill) guy often seen at the central station wearing a skirt. I haven’t seen him in a while I hope the alcohol didn’t get him already. It’s quite sad but people usually are nice to him. I even found him on Akinator.

Der König von Augsburg!

We have a dude called Sirovi(raw man), a few years ago he got high sniffing glue, climed up on the roof of the local kids daycare, fell asleep in his undies and got sunburnt since it was August with almost 40C.

We had Mad Billy back in the 70s, he would go along the high street throwing imaginary hand grenades into shops and machine gunning people. We laughed then but now we realise he was a veteran with PTSD and needed help to come home from his war.

In Duisburg (Germany) we have the "Frau mit der Gans aus der 901" (Goose lady from the subway line 901) who rides the subway with her goose. Came to meet her and she was really nice, not crazy how you'd suspect. I guess she did just like geese.

In Vienna we have the bier kavalier (beer gentlemen), this guy asks every woman in the subway if they want to drink a beer with him.

In my town we have a guy called kiwi jackson, he's afamous for his "dancing" and his dressing style, you can find him on YouTube !

In Kiel area (northern Germany) we have "Sherlock". Everyone who regularly uses the trains in that area, know him. Haven't lived there since years, so no clue if he's still there.

In my town we got Goat Man, that dude is always with his pet goat, he even takes the tramway with his goat.

We have Muško, a football fan who joined one of those hooligan clubs as a youngster and he was the bravest of them all so when a bus of fans from the opposing club came to town he ran up there alone, punched 3 dudes and then got the shit kicked out of him so badly it left him kinda retarded, he just wanders the town and legends say that if you listen really closely at night you can hear his battle-cry echo throughout the town upon the winds of fate, ''Ej, stari, a maš kak čik?'', translated to mortal tongues it would mean something along the lines of ''Hey dude, you got a cigarette?'', the meme says ''When you're scared that you left the oven on but then you remember you live in the park.''

Der König von Wittenberg

We have happy balloon guy who for prob 20 years goes to mcd’s every day for u guessed it balloons. Until they stopped having balloons. Evil. And some other fun specimens

I give you (if no one else has) Lan Kwai Fong Gollum in Hong Kong. Shuffles around the bar district poaching cigarettes and scaring young women. Deviant.

We got 2 Dino-Man got 1-2 Dino's with him and will you tell all fact of the Dino.
And Cheese feet man, he screams "Women feet must stink"

We had a hobo called Winnetou. He always claimed to have been a famous painter during/for Hitler.

In Breda, Netherlands we have Indian Pete. Guy is dressed as an Indian, outside of his house is year round decorated with lots of lights, and he owns a huge American truck with two jet engines on it. Always friendly, nice guy.

The guy is growing cabbages in his garden, wears an old tophat, rides a donkey in the city, and he still has his own house.

Here in Portland we have The Whistler. He's always walking around with headphones/earbuds blasting and he's whistling whatever he's listening to. He's a TERRIBLE whistler though, they all sound like the wind through a keyhole.

We have this dude 40 years of age or something in my city dressing up like little girls, with small, bright colored clothes and his hair in ponytails, everyone called him aunt Jef.

Spandau (District in Berlin):
Blauauge (Blueeye/Blackeye): a homeless man. He always had a black and swollen eye. Told everyone he met, he was rich when he was younger. Haven't seen him in years. I think he's dead.

Der nackte Fahrradfahrer (the naked cyclist): An old guy, always on his bicycle. He almost never wears a shirt, just when it's really, really cold.

In my brazilian town we have The Runner. Is a black man who run almost all day. The special thing is when he's excited or tired, he screams things like Hey! or Hoo!
He's awesome.

Ours is a guy who only wears shorts! No shirt or shoes, just shorts. Even in winter and we live in an alpine town

In Aberdeen Scotland, we had Shaky Head Man, he would walk the streets scouring the bins, and sometimes he would wear women's clothing. There was also a guy who'd walk around the city centre in full traditional kilt attire, all the time!

In Copenhagen we have a couple of those guys. I dislike the Old Drunk Frenchman Shouting Profanities the most.

In Kielce, Poland, we have a strange hooded lady who walks on crotches in heavy winter coat with a camping backpack. She is dressed like that for the entire year. Noone has ever seen her face up close

We have a guy who is always dressed in bright fluorescent green. I call him euglena.

I'm from Paraná, Brazil, and here we have Oilman. Basically he rides his bike around town wearing only a swim suit and oil on his body. He is like a local celebrity

In Belgrade there used to be a ''bag man'', who used to wear a plastic trash bag for a shirt and wore plastic bottle based shoes. Never bothered anyone, never did anything, never talked to anyone, just wore plastic. He died a year ago i think.

We have "The cowboy couple" older dude ans his wife dressed as cowboy and cowgirl every few days with the hole nine yards like the boots with spikes on them and everything except a horse

yeah we have "krychlič", or I guess "cube head" in english, he has his hair shpaed like a box, you know all flat and with 90 degree angles and stuff, hard to describe... He's actually not crazy or anything, as far as I know, he apparantely started this as a form of protest against communist government as back then people with irregular haircuts (guys with long hair, etc.) were seen as non conformists and thus a possible threat to the regime and were often beaten by the cops and stuff...

We Had Ozzy Bácsi in my city.

Well, at one point in time we had Zanta, a man who would be clearly drunk or off meds. He'd do pull ups on public transit bars, do push ups on the street in the middle of traffic. You know, standard crazy but always with some workouts.
Toronto, Sorry, Ontario Canada, sorry.

In Peirea, Greece, we have old man Stefano. Dude walks around all day bouncing a tennis ball like a pro with a posse of dogs following him everywhere. Story goes he used to be a professor who got too deep into books and his wife left him, which pushed him to insanity. He also writes literature on random places.

the enchanted islands of Hawaii have entire villages filled with 'horseback jesus'.. true story.

We have a crazy guy who lives in a dilapidated house, chips away at his doorframe and bows and makes rude gestures at passing vehicles.

We had one, dressed up as Sherlock Holmes. But his mental illness got worse and we locked him away in therapy.

There's a hippy guy who rollerblades around shirtless in Edmonton Alberta and plays an acoustic guitar while rollerblading lol He's just shirtless rollerblade guy.

In Portugal we have this guy that everyone in the country knows about. We call him "emplastro" I don't even know how to translate it. The direct translation is "plaster" but that doesn't make sense in English obviously. Anyways, basically he always stands behind the reporters before any game at Dragão stadium. Or he used to do that I don't watch football anymore...

We have a man here who is always jogging backwards in only a thong with a flag hanging from his mouth. Policemen dont even deal with him anymore... yes I live in USA

In a small Ohio town we have pig and twig. A 300 pound woman who rides around in an electric wheelchair in nothing but a diaper and spaghetti strap, and her 90 pound boyfriend.

Whe had the ubiquitous man, aka ubi man, they made even this facebook group about sightings of him, imagine Alan from the hangover lookalike, kinda hippie/drugo guy, always apparently high, randomly spotted in impossibly short time spans in various places of the city, sometimes on a bicycle sometimes on foot...
It's about time I don't hear or see him, who knows where he is now

In Cambridge we have this dude who walks around in a trench coat, huge boots and a top hat. Usually with one hand behind his back.

well we have business fecó (pronounced somewhite like you would prounounce fatso), he's a gipsy with a bag full of whatever he's dealing that day. usually parfume and things like that

We have "backwards man" in Derby, UK. This Indian guy who walks backwards everywhere with a weird look on his face and a huge backpack. He always has a notepad and pen and writes stuff down at pedestrian crossings. Sad story actually, his whole family died in a car crash and it affected him quite badly

we have the" ferry and train man". He has autism and is always at the harbour greeting people coming from mainland. If you need to be f.e. in zurich he can tell you every trainstation, when you must change trains (with exact time) and on wich track. his caretakers say he reads every evening the german timetable for nearly all the routes.
He never failed me.

In my town We have the Dog riders , He has A chair mounted with some wheel and get around town getting pulled by his 2 dogs

True, women cant really reach that kind of originality, but on the other hand, no male spouse ever reached the stardom among men like that of best Wife ever Heather Harmon, Joe, you lucky soab

"The man in blue" in Limoges, France. He always wears a blue working-uniform and rides a bicycle.

In my city, we have spider-lady. She's got a birth defect where her knees bend the wrong way around, so she can often be spotted crawling in the subway, begging for money.

In my city we had cowboy joseph he had cowboy hat, leather vest and he would ride around on his 40 yo moped with self made mini trailer and pick up junk to sell at junkyard, oh and he didn't speak only yell indistinguishably

In my town, we have "Pfand Enrico" and a crazy hobo. He is always drunk and looks like jesus. We call him Jesus.

Chuck. We have one beggar in our town who sits on one corner. Is real talkative and very nice and sits there all day every day. The town Raised $20,000 through a go fund me for chuck. He spent it all in 3 weeks and went right back to the corner. Hes been there for 20 years at least.

I don't know if he has a local name. But Amsterdam has this old dude that rides his bicycle in nothing but peach coloured swimming speedos.

KC Superman or SuperJesus
https://www.google.com/search?q=KC+...ACQ&bih=960&biw=1920&rlz=1C1GCEU_enUS824US824

We have a homeless woman that always sits in the middle of a busy street where many stores are. She knits bracelets and stuff that she sells. Apparently she got offered help a lot but she enjoys the life she has. I never talked to her but usually people are around her and speak about life.

In my city (Olomouc, Czech rep.), we have the mysterious twins. Basically, they look like the Olsen twins a hundred years from now. They're old, tiny, frail and just so thin you get sort of scared just looking at them. They just walk through town, never seen them smile or talk or go into a store. They just walk around ominously in silence. They usually wear matching outfits, crazy is, the outfits are real nice. They dress very nicely, but you can still tell they're either homeless or incredibly poor. I always wondered what's their story.

In Teresina PI (Brasil) we have a Thannis . He is a very annoying flamboyant creature who will sit at your table in any restaurant and hit on anything with a dick. No matter age or if its with a wife or grandparents close by.

We have Hettie de heks. Translates to Hettie the Witch. I think she is kill though

There is this crackhead in a city near me. We call him whispering Phil cause always stares into a single direction and whispers crazy shit to himself. What a legend

In Frankfurt we have the guy "nackischer Jörg" (naked Jörg) who runs a round fully naked... Shopping, doing sports etc. Completely harmless and friendly, everyone knows him. Police arrests him from time to time but since it's just a minor incident they eventually let him go...haven't seen him for a long while now

We have this "Elvis" in my hometown, we call him "elvis tomppa" and he's been dancing and singing middle of town for as long as i can remember, im 21yo. And he's still at it, same spot, dancing and singin, sometimes even in very bad weather.

We have a man we call pikachu because when he says ‘please buy big issue’ it sounds like ‘please buy pikachu’

When I lived in Columbus we used to have the rapping bum aka "help is on the way". RIP.

There's a guy who rides a unicycle in darth vader mask and cape, but wearing a kilt, and he plays the bagpipes.
He dons a santa outfit during christmas.

We have Hobo Joe. He's like 7 feet (200cm) tall, has a massive beer gut, and just walks around town.

We got 2 here in Split to Trogir area, first is "Santa" who wears a santa hat all year. The second is "Snaping guy" who takes the bus and snaps his fingers and laughs like a maniac.

Jesus guy, randomly starts playing music in whatever place he feels like, rides one of those bikes you have to lie down on and tells everyone that they are blessed by jesus.
he helped me once with a flat tire. Really good guy.

A long time ago in my city we had "La Giulia te le chiai" (literally Julia of the keys):an old woman who had something like 100 keys with her all the time, who claimed to be the secret lover of the king, and that she was bound to marry him eventually. Her keys were supposed to "open the seals of the city".

Another one who still lives at the time is Tubocco, aka Checco Dance. He's mostly harmless and spends his days singing loudly around the city while listening to his ear pieces. He's a witness of the technological passage of time: 20 years ago, he would wear a Walkman, then passed through the CD Era and when he finally switched to an mp3 player he stopped carrying around his backpack full of Cassettes and CDs

I lived in Belleville Ontario for a few years and there was a few of these people around. The one I remember the most was Pilon Joe. He would set up traffic cones for no reason in random locations and people just knew that you don't fuck with those cones. He'd case you for several blocks.

In my hometown there was this 60 y.o. guy wearing skirts, dresses and bras (on top of the other clothes). Nobody knew why he was wearing these clothes. Some say he liked it better that way others say he has a trauma because his mother always wanted a girl and dressed him up this way so he still
Yeah, we had a homeless guy who would routinely be high from sniffing glue, and when approached would shout "I AM A SNAKE UUUUURRRRRGGGGHHH". For some reason everyone called him Jesus. I never questioned it, so to this day I have no idea why he was known under that name.

There is a guy in my city who rides shirtless on a longboard while playing an acoustic guitar. Only on a specific street. We just call him the longboarding shirtless guitar guy.

We had Dog man. It was hobo who was followed by pack of stray dogs. But the thing is he wasnt hobo, he was a lawyer and highly educated one and owned a house in really expensive part of town. He went nuts and one day he burned to death in abandoned house.

In Lyon, France, we have the "spider woman" in the metro. She "walks" on her hands and feet but her knees are bent forward instead of backward which is why she's called "spider woman"... There's a ton of videos of her on youtube.

We had a ”talking dog” in my hometown (he looked like a bulldog and constantly kept talking, even with himself)

In Hasselt we had dancing pete. I think he moved tho. A crazy, extremely gay black dude who'd come up to you and give you compliments and would start to dance for your whole company, whenever he'd get real drunk he'd dance for dogs. Going from bar to bar

We had a guy "Jesus", just like you imagined, he looked exactly like Jesus. Sandals, silk clothing everything.

We have several people like that. One of them is the “crazy townsman“ who always wears a warning vest and drives around with a christmas tree on top of his car and a dummy dressed depeneing on the the season in his backseat. He also has a photo of his own face on his engine hood. Another one would be a guy who's always walking around bare feet no matter what season it is. And he made his hair into a single dreadlock that he grew down to his butt, folded it and put it back on his head.

In Elche (Spain) we have El Ruso. He's a nice guy and he's our lord
See him here

We have cowboy Superman. Has a cowboy hat and wears a Superman outfit, and pushes a pram/stroller around with filthy stuffed toys in it

In my city we have a guy that walks around only in bathrobes and asks for money for train tickets

We have Rat Poison Guy. He basically goes around the town in his bike selling rat poison everyday for close to 40 years now. I never actually saw people buy his rat poison, although i assume he is rich judging his house and how he always advertise something since he is famous.

Shirtless roller-skating guitar guy

In Santiago, Chile, we had the “Divino Anticristo”... RIP

Germany Essen =Ghettoblasterboy legend

Flaschensammler Joe (Bottle collecter Joe)

Nijmegen had tamboerijnvrouwtje

Godofredo!! schineider!

Ah we had Hanf-Ueli here in Zürich... he died last year unfortunately...

"Mark De Maanman" (Mark the moonman)

Kailua, Hawaii. We got Mango Man

In Rostock its "Flaschen Paul"

in Toronto we have the Believe guy (who just yells "BELIEVE" at you when you least expect it), there's the muslims and christians having yelling matches, that homeless guy in a wheelchair that uses his legs to move, and so on

In Lyon, France, we have " la Femme Araignée " = Spider Woman ( and hell of Covid !!! )
Type " la femme araignée Lyon" to discover her !

Belfast has violet-trumpet guy

In my town we have the "I'm on my bicycle listnening loudly to shitty song and fuck all of you" guy, don't know his nickname. Wherever and whenever you are you have a chance to see him, his only purpose is to ride with shitty music. Don't know his nickname, if someone from ALBI France is around here i'd

Lived in Frankfurt Germany. Drove to work and saw a naked 40 year old dude walking around at the street. Thought he had a heat stroke because it was very hot this day. So i called emergency. They said "Oh that's just the naked Jörg" Seems like this guy walks around there naked so often that people got used to it.

Here in El Paso there's a dude that dresses up as the Undertaker and walks the streets.

I'm from Enschede, the Netherlands, and we have the Loose Euro Man. He asks for loose euros.

A very positive example:

Center of Rotterdam. I sat on the concrete stairs in the sun, drinking my McDonalds mochaccino, as an experiment (meh). This man comes here, with his shopping trolley and installs a camping chair. He unpacks his shopping and starts to enjoy an ice cream cone. He also offered me one, but I politely refused while thanking him profusely. What a great example of enjoying the little things in life!

I wonder about that camping chair he had with him. Maybe he has trouble walking and has to stop several times? Then it would be even more positive!
rdam04.jpg

A very positive example:

Center of Rotterdam. I sat on the concrete stairs in the sun, drinking my McDonalds mochaccino, as an experiment (meh). This man comes here, with his shopping trolley and installs a camping chair. He unpacks his shopping and starts to enjoy an ice cream cone. He also offered me one, but I politely refused while thanking him profusely. What a great example of enjoying the little things in life!

I wonder about that camping chair he had with him. Maybe he has trouble walking and has to stop several times? Then it would be even more positive!
View attachment 31238
The way he's dressed, he looks like a workman. Probably taking a bit of a break from the labours of the day.

A very positive example:

Center of Rotterdam. I sat on the concrete stairs in the sun,

View attachment 31238
Maybe he's heard what sitting on cold concrete can do to your bum. lol

Notice on the big list above someone thought it was notable that a man would walk around Aberdeen in full kilt attire all the time.

This isn't strange at all - every wee town in Scotland has at least two or three people who dress in kilts all the time (when I was a laddie, my Great Grandad would always wear his kilt down the street in Blairgowrie), so I would imagine Aberdeen would have quite a few!

Notice on the big list above someone thought it was notable that a man would walk around Aberdeen in full kilt attire all the time.

This isn't strange at all - every wee town in Scotland has at least two or three people who dress in kilts all the time

Slightly more unusually, there's a lad I see in Sutton Coldfield town centre quite often who wears a kilt, proper tartan as far as I can tell, often paired with a black t-shirt and headphones blaring out heavy rock music.

He looks a bit intense, and I've never seen him interact with anyone, so I've no idea of his story.

Obviously, I've not done a lot of shopping in Sutton (or anywhere else!) recently, so I don't know if he's still out there in this weather...

Back