• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. D

Alcohol and Fortean Occurrences: Am I Missing Something?

It seems to me, reading a lot of accounts and news about strange occurences that the fall back position of many of the members of public that see wierdness is that they were sober or had barely touched a drop of alcohol, hence they are sure that what they saw was real. From my experience...
  2. D

Lights in the Sky

It has been ~30 years since the events that I am going to describe happened, but they have been a constant puzzle to me and can say that they have been instrumental in making me an avid follower of all things Fortean. I will try and be as succinct - but also try and give as many details as...
  3. D

My Myth is Bigger than Yours!

I was re-reading a bit of Scottish History recently and going through the Declaration of Independence of Arbroath in 1320, which includes the Scots/Irish origin myth. Briefly, for those that don't know, this mythology (or at least one version of it) has the race of Scots originating from an...
  4. D

Living ghost theory

Apologies if this is old hat, but the thought cropped up yesterday and I hadn't really seen it on the forums. I was reading Lyall Watson's "Beyond Supernature" (had a childhood nostalga for reading the first one in the 1970s, so I got hold of the the 'new' 1985 updated version) and was...
Back