• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. S

Do Cohabiting Women Synchronise Their Menstruation? ..

I heave heard it said several times before that, when women spend a lot of time in close proximity to each other, they find their periods tend to sychronise. Basically, I was wondering if anyone could shed anymore light on this phenomenon? Is it actually true, or is it an urban myth? If it is...
  2. S

Weird localised warm patch

I just stepped out into the garden for a fag (in the British sense), and was wandering up and down the path, deep in thought. It's a chilly night, all vapour-breathy and feels like it's going to frost, but I walked into this weird warm patch of air about half way down the path. Very definately...
  3. S

The Authority comics- anyone help?

ok... rumour has it the new Authority on-going series starts this month and according to DC's website, is already out. However, frantic searches of UK comic selling people online reveal nothing but back issues. Anyone know if it's out here yet, when, why, how, and why I live 40 fucking...
  4. S

For anyone who cares....

Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix is out in the UK on June 21st. And apparantly, it's a whole third longer than the Goblet of Fire, so it's one big, fat book. Hurrah! ;) Yeah, I know, I know, kill the boy wizard... I agree entirely. That's why I root for the Slytherins in...
  5. S

Fake ABCs

Wasn't sure whether to put this here, or the ABC thread in Crypto, or in Urban Legends. Mods, get your moving gear out :) http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=103354&command=displayContent&sourceNode=103331&contentPK=3354823 I have a feeling this might be a FoaF story...
  6. S

Evolution In Action (Ongoing Evolutionary Processes)

I used to see hedgehogs all the time when I was young, but I hadn't seen any for years until I started walking my dog at three in the morning recently. Now I see them all the time, but their behaviour seems very different to how I remember it. We used to have a big rural garden when I was...
  7. S

Tangled Cassette Tape Beside Roads

Is it witches, or just one boyband too many?? This strikes me as a FOAF tale, because it was told to me by my best friend, who was told by her brother, who no doubt heard it from someone else, but anway; You know how you often see audio tape from cassettes lying by the edge of the road...
  8. S

Tim Dinsdale's Leviathans

Can anyone who has the Unabridged copy help me out here... There's a poem there, in the chapter about "monster" corpses washing up on beaches and turning out to be basking sharks. I'd really appreciate it if someone would post the poem, or email it to me, as I remember it being really...
  9. S

Dhampyre

Half-vampires Can anyone help us with this? We're sure there's a proper name for a creature that's half-human, half-vampire, and it's something like dhaphyr... d's and h's everywhere, at any rate. Does anyone know what the right word is, how you spell it, and where it originated? Any...
Back