• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. C

Buy FT in Los Angeles?

I've been searching for the latest issue- it hasn't turned up at the usual places. Where do you SoCal Forteans buy the magazine? Places I've usually found it: 1. Newstand on Robertson Blvd. at Pico. They usually have it only a month or so late. 2. Barnes&Noble on Rosecrans Blvd. near...
  2. C

Ancient Romans Trained Eels

Okay, maybe I've been taken in by a UL, but tonight my wife told me that SHE heard from SOMEBODY that the ancient Romans not only kept eels as beloved pets (okay, confirmed by Google), but also they had them TRAINED to hop out of their garden pond and wriggle around 'in terra' on voice command...
  3. C

'Earworms' & Stuck-Tune Syndrome

This is weird- I think I read this before somewhere- it's on the "Breaking News" section of the site here. Here's the link (not sure if it will work): http://www.startribune.com/stories/389/2011767.html Does anybody remember reading this somewhere before? I seem to think it was two or...
  4. C

'The Haunting' on DVD- when? NOT the miserable '99 remake!

The original 1963 Robert Wise version is the best ghost movie ever! I wonder when we will be able to watch it in crystal- clear digital glory? (Some people I have watched it with say it's melodramatic- well, YEAH...of course!)
Back