• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Mr_Hermolle

Creepy Attic Stories Anyone?

I've always been fascinated as to why attics always seem so damn creepy. I knoe they're generally unvisited spaces in a house, often full of old things (or even sometimes empty) but for some reason some just seem really unnerving and I can never quite work out why. I've lived in houses with...
  2. Mr_Hermolle

Seeing Something When You Wake Up In The Night

Perhaps the easiest Fortean experience to ascribe a rational explanation for - ie 'you were dreaming', 'you were having an episode of sleep paralysis' or 'you were having an hypnopompic hallucination' - but it still doesn't take away from the weirdness of the experience. I imagine they're fairly...
  3. Mr_Hermolle

Minor Hauntings

Does anyone have any tales of, for want of a better phrase, 'minor hauntings'? The kind of thing that you wouldn't notice unless you were fortean minded really - nothing really happens - certainly not anything to really be a 'ghost story' but something about it still lingers somehow... Anyway...
  4. Mr_Hermolle

Photographs Of Gnomes

This has puzzled me for a while. I was going to post it before, but the whole thing seemed so absurd I deleted it. Anyway, here goes... Back in 1993 I was an art student in Langley - East Berkshire College to give it it's proper name. It was a one year arts foundation course, and over the first...
Back