• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. The Truth

Derenberger Was Army Signal Corps? Looking For Source

So I've been doing some digging on Woodrow Derenberger's background (for the unaware) for some personal research and have seen him being previously in the Army Signal Corps, does anyone have any way to confirm this? His life pre-Indrid Cold is incredibly hard to parse out. I've seen it mentioned...
  2. The Truth

Where Do You Shop For Fortean Books?

Apart from Amazon, I was blessed with a discount at a used bookstore I worked at that had an excellent metaphysics section with books of Fortean interests. I have since moved to the east coast and am unsure where to shop for our kind of books. All the used bookstores I've gone to have been...
  3. The Truth

Help Finding A Source About INFO

Thanks for the help Mr. Rickard. I'm still quite curious about who wrote that original wikipedia entry. Funny that he/she could not even get the name of the proto-Fortean Times rag correct. Several old INFO members said that the anecdote could have been a particular former member who had a habit...
  4. The Truth

Forum Functions & Functionality: Technical Problems & Known Issues

Thank you all so much for this. Amazing that it seems like everything transferred so smoothly! Look forward to continuing to read the forum posts.
  5. The Truth

Hey guys, so while I think that the letters no longer exist (likely thrown away at some point) I was wondering if anyone familiar with the INFO Journal could confirm that a mention of Heinlein's check being placed on the office walls appeared in some issue? This would likely be in a later issue...
  6. The Truth

Yeah really hoping something comes of my search! I've got a few contacts I need to email and call but there have been a lot of dead ends.
  7. The Truth

I am currently writing a book about Charles Fort's influence on SF and am searching endlessly for a whatever source has been used for the wikipedia entry on INFO. User "sagemab" (who used to be a user on these forums) added much of the article that interests me, specifically that: The Willis...
  8. The Truth

Rendlesham Forest

I wish there were close-ups to see the designs on the side of this "sculpture".
Back