• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. K

The Scariest Moment Of Your Life (Fortean Or Not)

I would of blown on my left then right fist, glared menacingly and said 'Do you want the Big Mac or Quarter Pounder'
  2. K

Famous Ghosts—Or Are They?

...I recall on Most Haunted that the infamous 'Hanging Judge Jeffreys' seemed to get about a bit with his ghostly 'residual'. Seemed to crop up in many episodes in the Wales, The West Country and the South of England in various bars and courthouses. Derek seemed to have an affinity with him.
  3. K

How To Open A Conversation About Ghosts At A Pub

Just be careful after a few pints not to ask the unsuspecting Barman/woman to join you and Sam upstairs in the 'Residual' for some light anomaly action...:chuckle:
  4. K

How To Open A Conversation About Ghosts At A Pub

Often barmen don't trust ghosts in their premises...they can see right through them. They'll say 'we don't serve spirits here'
  5. K

Ghosts On Normal TV Shows

What is interesting is the 'The Changeling' episode may have been inspired by the Enfield Poltergeist. 'Airing in ’78, it’s not hard to imagine the writer was influenced by the story of the Enfield Poltergeist, which was first reported in the worldwide press 14 months earlier, and still...
  6. K

..there were a few Walton's episodes with an eerie/supernatural premise; https://www.metv.com/lists/5-eerie-episodes-of-the-waltons-that-are-not-like-the-rest
  7. K

Downton Abbey – “Christmas at Downton” The unexpected appearance of Lavinia Swires’ ghost in Downton Abbey's first Christmas special is all the stranger because it can’t easily be explained away as a hallucination or dream. Granted, we don’t actually see Lavinia and she isn’t firmly identified...
  8. K

Fortean Times Bookazine On Ghosts & Hauntings

Ordered from New Zealand...free postage to! :D
  9. K

The Only Ghost Photo I Ever Found Convincing. What Do You Think?

...you'd have to take two snaps - no one would appear in the first photo :thought:
  10. K

I also find the level of pixelation, or clarity of the 'ghost' of interest. It appears less defined, more 'blurred' or 'fuzzy' than the surrounding people in the picture (even those who are further away) Also the dimensions of the ghost are off. It does support the notion of a cardboard...
  11. K

...been a Southampton F.C. fan since 1989. Although with recent results it's probably less of an Army and more of a Platoon :omg:
  12. K

These 'debunking' discussions/threads are becoming my favourite part of the forum. :bthumbup: Scientific reasoning, deduction, a touch of cynicism, a hint of conflict...all combining to often largely resolve the issue, yet still leaving a small window of the unknown open.
  13. K

Most Haunted: Bumper Compendium Thread

Does anyone remember the name of the episode when Richard Felix thought he saw a Boggart? Was it a Most Haunted Live episode?
  14. K

Doppelgängers (IHTM)

...given the flirty smile and half-hug, is seems like she may had also had some fun with Becky's ex :bthumbup:
  15. K

Seeing Something When You Wake Up In The Night

On the occasions I've woken in the half-light to a shadowy (and initially sinister) hooded silhouette type figure...in my half-sleep/half-awake state I try to remain logical and relaxed in order to process it. It invariably turns out to be something innocent like my dark jackets or hoodies on...
  16. K

Pictures & Stories That Could Be Ghosts But Aren’t

The lesson being; hold your breath before rushing to judgement on potential ghost photos
  17. K

LOVEJOY The Lost Colony (Christmas Special) Lovejoy meets distant cousins from America, who are visiting England. As well as a female ghost, old Lord Wakering has treasures which once belonged to Sir Walter Raleigh, and both Lovejoy and Mary-John Lovejoy, his American cousin, want them. Some of...
  18. K

As a young Kiwi in the 1980s, between Auf Wiedersehen Pet/Coronation Street/Emmerdale/EastEnders/Taggart it was a great way to learn many of the different accents and dialects of the United Kingdom.
  19. K

Yeah, the exception to the 'Scooby Doo' type conclusion being the Bergerac 'Fires In The Fall' episode discussed earlier in this thread...to quote: 'The Christmas episode Fires in the Fall (which features a Bergman-esque representation of Death which appears, to judge from the last line, to...
  20. K

Yeah, there was apparently an actual tinker ghost story associated with the manor. Barry sighted a real tinker who was randomly staying there (who in turn thought the Auf Wiedersehen crew were all tinkers dossing there to). Yeah, Series 1 was great...Series 2 was also good but it went downhill...
  21. K

..I believe the ghost story was true, but as you suggest the sighting wasn't
  22. K

Haha, yes..on more detailed reading it is a rather strange synopsis. Brilliant show though.
  23. K

How Many Of Us Actually WATCH 'Most Haunted'?

....I still go back on occasions and binge watch the 'Classic' Series 1-7. The Derek years (Series 1-5) are particularly amusing. Something comforting about re-watching those familiar shows, although you view them through a far more critical lens.
  24. K

Auf Wiedersehen Pet Series 2; 'A Home From Home' Oz, Neville, Moxey, Barry go to the supermarket to stock up on food, beer and toilet paper. The lads are at a loose end and Barry suggests brass rubbing but the lads try the Barley Mow. While brass rubbing Barry meets the local vicar who tells...
  25. K

What Was Your Entry To The World Of Weird?

Great post With the advent and prevalence of technology (i.e. Mobile Phone Cameras, YouTube/Facebook/Instagram/Twitter, 24 Hour Instant News Access, Photoshop etc), while the ability to produce (and fake) and transmit evidence is significantly easier and more rampant, this is offset somewhat...
  26. K

You Look Like You've Smelt A Ghost

...that's always my excuse to
  27. K

The West Wing – “Two Cathedrals” Ghost: Mrs Landingham Seen by: President Bartlet Mrs. Landingham was killed suddenly and unexpectedly offscreen, so this scene gives both Bartlet and the viewer the chance to say goodbye that they were denied in the previous episode. Peaky Blinders – Series...
  28. K

...that episode stayed with me from when I first watched it at 10 years old in 1986/87. The forlorn, fading autumnal Halloween setting, the tale of greed, untimely deaths, mediumship, spiritualism, charlatanism, arson and a long-held and terrible family secret. And of course the eerily...
  29. K

Home To Roost: High Spirits Matthew goes ghost hunting - in the spare room. Henry is sceptical until Matthew takes him to an allegedly-haunted railway station. Not Going Out: The House Lee invites Lucy's parents and Daisy to join them in an old country house for Christmas. However, there is a...
  30. K

..there were also some eerie and supernatural aspects to 'One Foot In The Grave'. In particular the episode 'Endgame' where Victor buys a haunted caravan, and has a premonition regarding Margaret.
  31. K

..the Bergerac Season Four Christmas special 'Fires In The Fall' is a great example of this. A very eerie episode encompassing a number of Fortean aspects, with a uncharacteristically ghostly (and unresolved) ending. Has aged particularly well to.
Back