• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. L

Fortean Podcasts

Thanks for that link, I'd never seen that artwork before. Really liked it.
  2. L

Fortean Podcasts

There is an excellent true-crime podcast by the name of Criminal (Vox Media), and the latest episode (198) is entitled The Hammersmith Ghost and features FT's very own Alan Murdie guiding us through a case that is fascinating from both a Fortean and legal perspective. Very enjoyable, in my...
  3. L

Fortean Podcasts

A handful of recently-discovered podcasts to throw into the mix ...... Scary Stories by Verity Clayton is excellent. The theme is fear, each episode covering a different type of human fear. It is absolutely perfect late-night listening, really not for a sunny day in the garden. Verity has a...
  4. L

Fortean Podcasts

FT376 Feb 2019
  5. L

Fortean Podcasts

Received the new issue of FT this morning, this month's podcast review is Haunted Places, I've been listening to that from the start, really enjoy it, but funnily enough I don't particularly recommened it! If it's content/information you're after then give it a big miss as you could cram what...
  6. L

Fortean Podcasts

Good call, NXIVM season was v good
  7. L

Fortean Podcasts

Any takers on Generation Why? Reviewed in the magazine recently. Mostly true crime, as I already listen to far too much of that stuff I haven't bothered but according to FT they also cover Fortean topics occasionally.
  8. L

Fortean Podcasts

Not heard of either of those, will check them out.
  9. L

Fortean Podcasts

I received a copy of the Unexplained book for Christmas (on request!) and the principle reason I asked for it is that it features cases not covered in the podcast, which is the exact reason I'm not interested in any of the Lore books, despite enjoying the podcast. As you enjoyed the book, you...
  10. L

Fortean Podcasts

Great recommendation, thanks! I've listened to the whole of season 5, really enjoying it. I listen in the dark in bed just before sleep, it's perfect for that ..... as the title suggests! The wendigo episode nicely creeped me out, and the episode I would say was the most chilling was actually...
  11. L

Fortean Podcasts

I listened to a couple of episodes of Anything Ghost recently, it's an American guy who literally just reads out submissions sent in by listeners about their paranormal experiences, and on occasion the listener reads their story out themself. It's very quick-fire, when one story finishes it's...
  12. L

Fortean Podcasts

Thanks for posting that, I now won't bother with it, I haven't got time for podcasts that mess about, so to speak. Crucial listening time saved!
  13. L

Fortean Podcasts

I enjoy the Cabinet. Quite a few people knock it for being over too quickly but I already spend too much time listening to podcasts so it's refreshing to have one that is short and sweet. It's not Lore but it isn't meant to be.
  14. L

Fortean Podcasts

That recommendation led to me giving KOFY a try and Im now halfway through the archive and thoroughly enjoying it!
  15. L

Fortean Podcasts

Depends what you mean by buying the stories ... a recent FT article included a quote that said something like 'You can believe the witness without believing what the witness is saying' .... and that's the way I see most of the Haunted stories. I do believe most of the witnesses saw what they say...
  16. L

Fortean Podcasts

Yep!
  17. L

Fortean Podcasts

I have recently got into podcasts in a big way, I would say Lore and Unexplained are my favourites, both very good quality. For all you ghost fans I would recommend Haunted, it's had 1 season so far which I think was 10 episodes, I found it genuinely chilling as the presenter speaks to people...
Back