• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Floyd

(Anti-) Social Media: Scams / Shams / Shills On Facebook & Other Sites

“Its [sic] actually by Shelley, whoever that is,” Lady Mary tweeted to Danielle Blake later on in this most edifying of Twitter threads. Marvellous.
  2. Floyd

Noises In My Lane: Audible Strangeness In Ammanford

This thread was started concerning Gloucester though. ?
  3. Floyd

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

How does Tom Cruise look younger, or at least no older, in the first Mission Impossible than he did ten years before in Top Gun? Between 24-34 years everyone else ages at least a bit.
  4. Floyd

The Mandela Effect: False Memory

Or; Degsy played a great through ball to myself and at the end of the day, luckily I put it away.
  5. Floyd

Time Or Dimensional Slips

Yes, I know that one very well.
  6. Floyd

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

I'm definitely not to be described as gymnastic. Putting trousers on can take a few hours these days................
  7. Floyd

I used to walk along the disused line in Great Longstone, Derbyshire and the station there has been a house for many years now. I do remember reading about a ghost train being heard there, but can't find anything on it now.
  8. Floyd

Agreed; https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/royal-news.26735/page-82#post-2152416
  9. Floyd

I often wonder the same and also when looking at maps and seeing disused roads, or parts of roads, usually due to a bypass having been built nearby or having been re-aligned.
  10. Floyd

Saint George: Not Only England, But Also....

Until MrsF mentioned it yesterday evening, I had no idea it was St. Georges. (I know the date, but had forgotten all about it). No mention of it anywhere, or by anyone I spoke to and not one flag seen either. Also no mention of Shakespeare, or any programmes about him.
  11. Floyd

Most Haunted Places In Your Home Town

Despite the prevalence nowadays of sat navs, I have still had quite a few people ask me for directions (two old dears looking for the M6 was the funniest) and you always know when they're not really listening. I think, why did you bother to ask me?
  12. Floyd

Fortean Headlines

They (the star) promised me a fantastic summer a few years ago and failed in their prediction miserably. I've never forgiven them.
  13. Floyd

Fortean Headlines

You know what they say- the most dangerous nut in a car is the one behind the wheel. This guy obviously took this too literally and removed the nut for safety reasons...................
  14. Floyd

Fortean Headlines

That abomination is not fit to light your fire with.
  15. Floyd

Most Haunted Places In Your Home Town

My friend still occasionally recounts the story of the car trip he, his brother and parents took to London in 1955. Roads used, towns passed, what was on their sandwiches, what the weather was like- a moderate south westerly - and it rained a little bit at 2.07pm.............
  16. Floyd

That's interesting because Spanish speakers (from Spain at least), say a sort of soft bu-vu so that very comes out as bvery. There's also a connection in Hebrew as you can see from the two similar letters bet and vet - only changed by a dagesh (dot);
  17. Floyd

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

No, I'm making sure that I'm giving the right pit a damn good blasting.
  18. Floyd

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Wouldn't that be my left nostril not working? Anyway, I looked it up and it starts by saying it's nothing to worry about as it could just be that I use that arm more, have more hairs under it, or it's just down to age. Of course, it then finishes by saying it could also be a sign of...
  19. Floyd

Most Historically Inaccurate Movies

Krakatoa, East of Java. Say no more.
  20. Floyd

The Loch Ness Monster

Well it's been nice knowing you mate. Best of luck for the future. @gordonrutter - the list!
  21. Floyd

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

For a month or so now, my deodorant has stopped working, but only on my right armpit. Wth?
  22. Floyd

Coincidences

Hang on. So the person who took it away to be fixed, 'lost' an integral part of the machine, (a part that was attached to the bit they were fixing) and then couldn't find it?
  23. Floyd

Strangeness At Altitude (Planes, Aircraft & Balloons)

Regardless of what happened, the world needs more Lawnchair Larry's I reckon. Mind you, looking at the Darwin awards, maybe not.
  24. Floyd

Greg Chapman's Touring Non-Psychic 'Psychic' Show

I think it went on for half an hour longer than was advertised, but it might not necessarily be the case in Chester.
  25. Floyd

Fortean Headlines

I honestly feel that there is something in this kind of food that makes (some) people act like idiots. Or is it just Cork?
  26. Floyd

The March Of Technology

Tried it out @Yithian? Look, no hands! My trip on Seoul's self-driving bus. There is a moment on the A21 bus, at around midnight, when the man in the driver's seat presses a small red button on his dashboard. He smiles, then lets go of the steering wheel and lifts his feet from the pedals...
  27. Floyd

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

About 22 years ago I fixed a slab on top of our brick gatepost (it didn't have one on when we moved in). I siliconed it on for ease, and because mortar wouldn't really 'grip' it as well. It's not move a mm in all that time until this morning when I found it had been knocked. But there was a...
  28. Floyd

Two hours without a break apparently. You may get a sore arse. Again.
  29. Floyd

The Vegetarian & Vegan Thread

MrsF: Look! Look at it! (pointing at her gut) - Why am I so fat?! Me: Well, I have just watched you eat four mini pork pies, two ham sandwiches and a pile of crisps in about 3 minutes. MrsF: But they're vegan. Me: Well, the pastry is still pastry, the crisps are still crispy and there's also...
  30. Floyd

Self-Immolation

I seem to recall that the monk(s) who did it in protest of the Vietnam war just sat there quietly- this could be me being mistaken though of course.
  31. Floyd

MrsF off to see him now. And yes, I am drinking wine. See- always keep to my word.
  32. Floyd

Strangeness At Altitude (Planes, Aircraft & Balloons)

A load of hot air? 42 Balloons: New musical follows man who flew over LA in a garden chair. "Lawnchair" Larry Walters (left) with TV host Alan King on America's Funniest Foul-Ups in 1984 In 1982, a truck driver made headlines when he tied 42 helium balloons to a garden chair and flew over...
  33. Floyd

The sting stang.
  34. Floyd

What's The Most Boring Fortean Subject?

Has Baywatch ever been in? I'd buy that issue.
  35. Floyd

Spooky James Dean

It's amazing how many famous musicians say that it was seeing them on the Ed Sullivan show in 1964 that got them into doing music for a living.
  36. Floyd

Curious Phobias & Irrational Fears

Crewe. Same as everyone else.
  37. Floyd

Spooky James Dean

Also, Dean (and Brando) came before, or were the start of, the 'teenager' as we know it today. Up until then ,things had been pretty staid really.
  38. Floyd

What's The Most Boring Fortean Subject?

I have a penchant for roof tiles, the *Anglia pantile (old English, dark red)* being my particular favourite, closely followed by a Marley modern and possibly a Double Roman in third. @catseye has these on her roof.
  39. Floyd

Weird Weather

Yes it's certainly unusual for that area. Flash flooding does happen in hot, dry countries because the ground cannot soak the water up quickly enough (and drainage isn't as good as it perhaps should be). Same as here now- more flooding, but that's because of a lot more blocked road grids...
  40. Floyd

Charles Manson

You may like the 1973 Robert Hendrickson film Manson, if you haven't already seen it. Soundtrack music for the film was created by Brooks Poston and Paul Watkins two former Manson associates. As well, music performed by the Manson Family can also be heard on the soundtrack.
  41. Floyd

Weird Weather

But why are the headlines continually saying chaos at the airport and disaster? It's some people at an (air conditioned) airport having to wait a bit for a plane. I've had to do that.
  42. Floyd

The Optical Illusions Thread

Is Stacey a cop, or airline stewardess?
  43. Floyd

Local & Dialect Words

Horatio Nelson and his sailors were familiar with the term used in that way, apparently.
  44. Floyd

James Bond

I remember reading about this probably back in the 1980s-1990s and they actually weren't on tv as often as you (or I) recall - the Mandela Effect in itself I suppose. The article I read gave a list of dates that a particular Bond film had been shown and they were surprisingly few and far...
  45. Floyd

The Vegetarian & Vegan Thread

Owsley Stanley (the Grateful Dead's soundman) had a hatred for any vegetables at all and lived for many years on meat, eggs, butter and cheese.
  46. Floyd

Depression

I've worked similar hours (not in a high positioned, well paid job though) and apart from the health factor, I still struggled for money!
  47. Floyd

Depression

A few years ago when walking along the canal, I met a canalist (who looked suprisingly like Frank Zappa) who had had a job that sounded similar to yours. He said that he'd often be still working at 11pm, even on a Sunday. The money was great, so he stuck it out for a few years, but couldn't...
  48. Floyd

The Optical Illusions Thread

Why is the woman wearing two belts?
Back