• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. A

Day Of The Animals: Tales Of Man Vs Beast (And Man Suffers)

I'm not defending de-barking, but maybe if you'd been kept awake all night by barking dogs it's an understandable practice :twisted:
  2. A

Amityville Horror: Where Do You Stand?

I've heard that the house is now used for office space. I wonder if the offices are haunted :shock:
  3. A

Hail & Hailstorms

I didn't realize that Novosibirsk (deep within Siberia) had beachfront property :?: :P
  4. A

Initials & Acronyms

The PTL (Praise the Lord) Club could also stand for "Pass the Loot." :lol:
  5. A

Titan (Saturn's Largest Moon)

The "Thus Sprach Zarathustra" theme is going through my mind :D
  6. A

Death (Deliberate Execution) By Stoning

These Tea Party types favor liberty only for Christian, white, straight males. Everyone else can suffer, as far as they're concerned. :evil:
  7. A

The UFO that did not attack the Taliban

It's a hoax? Darn! I wish a UFO would attack the Taliban :lol:
  8. A

The Human Centipede

Whoever makes these kind of movies that you describe in this quoted post should be put in an asylum for life! The real-life animal torture described sounds like a serial killer in the making :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :x :evil:
  9. A

Lost: Malaysia Airlines—Flight MH-370

Regarding the Malaysian lost flight- unless it crashed very quickly, any of the other suggested scenarios leave me wondering why at least one of the passengers didn't try to use their cell phone to call for help. :?:
  10. A

Cruelty To Animals

Bitch :evil:
  11. A

Batman / Superman Movie

SPOILER ALERT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - At the conclusion of "The Dark Knight Rises," it seemed like there wasn't going to be another Batman movie. Of course, when movies are endlessly remade and rebooted, that shouldn't be too much of an obstacle for Hollywood.
  12. A

Forbes article: Iran tries to intercept UFOs

They probably were ordered to shoot down the infidel little green men :lol:
  13. A

Thrombosis sufferer amputates own leg

it almost sounds like health care in the United States! :shock:
  14. A

Oldest Known North American Petroglyphs Found

http://news.msn.com/science-technology/oldest-rock-carvings-confirmed-in-north-america?ocid=ansnews11 "Rock carvings found along the shoreline of Pyramid Lake in Nevada have been confirmed to be the oldest recorded petroglyphs in North America. PYRAMID LAKE, Nevada — Ancient rock etchings...
  15. A

Remarkable Mice

sounds like American Republicans nowadays :P
  16. A

The Tomb Of Eve

But mass veneration of the black box and other artifacts in Mecca is OK for these Wahhabis, somehow :?
  17. A

Strange Crimes

i can almost sympathize with the road rager :twisted: not that I shoot at people
  18. A

The Floating Man

It sounds like H.G. Wells' story "The Truth About Pyecraft," which is one of his more hilarious works
  19. A

Classroom Craziness

America has become a nation of paranoid fascists. We respond to everything by freaking out, panicking, and totally overreacting! Eek, I saw my shadow and it scared me! Ban all shadows!" :evil: :shock:
  20. A

The Last Living Photos Of Famous Figures

I concur- it had absolutely no plot (at least that I could understand) :?
  21. A

Nude News: The Naked Truth

I wouldn't go nude in public if my life depended on it :shock: that's just me (and I'm not British)
  22. A

Baby girl sacrificed on bonfire by Chilean sect

well, I'll comment- i wish I could tear these monsters apart slowly with my bare hands :evil: but that would be too kind
  23. A

Giant Spiders (Ukraine, Peru, Cumbria & Elsewhere)

I'm surprised that such a huge spider could go unnoticed for so long. Sri Lanka seems like a very well-populated island.
  24. A

Strange Things As Food & Drink

Or, we just maybe could stop reproducing like rabbits :evil: so that we don't run out of real food
  25. A

Spiders In The Sky

"Ghost Spiders in the Sky" :D
  26. A

Hoaxes & Pranks

I just can't seem to muster any tears whatsoever for these monsters. They only seem sorry that they were caught. :evil:
  27. A

Mayan Calendar & 21st December 2012

I have a hard time believing that the rational Arthur C. Clarke would say such a thing. :? :? :? :? :x :?
  28. A

African pastors encourage murder of 'witch' children

I hope these "pastors" die a horrible death after what they've done to children
  29. A

Mental Issues & Tea Consumption: Tea As Medicine / Placebo?

It seems that in the US, folks with diagnosed mental health needs prefer lots of coffee and cigarettes, rather than tea.
  30. A

Strange Crimes

Sounds like a sticky situation :)
  31. A

UN invasion of Lubbock Texas

I secretly relish the idea of Texas being turned into a giant camp surrounded by barbed wire :twisted: to quarantine the rest of the world from all the wingnuts therein
  32. A

Environmental Issues

I hate people who litter. It's getting hard to tell humans from animals. At least the animals don't know any better.
  33. A

Prometheus

oops- I mean "David," instead of "Michael"
  34. A

Prometheus

spoiler spoiler spoiler * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * I saw the movie today and have a headache trying to figure what it was about. One nagging question: did Michael deliberately contaminate Charlie with the alien bug, when Michael said "everything...
  35. A

Tanorexia

She looks about 100 years old already :shock:
  36. A

Kids Today

I'd sure hate to be a kid these days :( they get in trouble for anything and everything. It seems that teachers and principals either can't or won't manage kids' behavior and would rather just call in the cops. http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2011/dec/01/us-burp-arrest/ Suit filed after...
  37. A

Cruelty To Animals

I can't stand most dogs, and definitely think that their owners should clean up their poop in public places. But I'd never harm a dog, either.
  38. A

TV, Films, Books That Turned The Young You Onto The Fortean

In elementary school we could order paperbacks through Scholastic Books for about 50 cents a piece. I got lots of books that way, about Bigfoot, UfOs, the Bermuda Triangle, etc.
  39. A

Strange Crimes

http://blogs.discovery.com/stupid-crimi ... glers.html Border Guards Bust Mexican Bologna Smugglers 05/26/2011 We know what you're saying … that's a bunch of baloney! But wait. No matter how you refer to it – formally, named after Marconi's hometown in Northern Italy, or by its lunch...
  40. A

Passengers Trying To Exit Planes In Flight

I hope they throw the book at him :evil:
  41. A

Black Hole VS Star: Hole Wins

I wonder how the galactic core manages to survive- so many stars crowded together- without the central black hole devouring them all.
  42. A

The Planet Venus

Venus has barely been explored, since it's such a hellhole, but I wonder if some type of primitive life, such as bacteria, manages to survive there. I wonder...could Venus have had a milder climate and thinner atmosphere in the distant past? If there were intelligent beings, perhaps any traces...
  43. A

Smallpox

:?: I thought that the smallpox vaccine was developed in the late 1700s
  44. A

Exoplanets (Extra-Solar Planets)

There's a short story by Arthur C. Clarke, titled "Crusade," about just such a possible planet. A planet floating between 2 galaxies.
  45. A

The Roswell Incident [1947]

Somehow the alien explanation is much easier to believe than this :shock:
  46. A

D.B. Cooper: The Parachuting Airline-Hijacker

I tend to agree with several other posters here, namely, that Cooper probably didn't survive since he never spent any of the money. It's hard to imagine him risking his life to get all that cash and then not use it.
  47. A

Global Warming & Climate Change: The Phenomenon

Another idea is to desalinate the extra ocean water and pipe it to drought-stricken areas.
  48. A

Siberia: Yakutsk UFO

"The Cat From Outer Space?" :D
  49. A

The Witch Killers

There are a lot of historical atrocities that make me want to get into a time machine armed with a baseball bat. But the "witch" persecutions and "Burning Times" in particular just really anger me more than almost anything else. Is it wrong to hope that the people who burned other people at the...
Back