• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Cecil Baargs

Is This Pebble Anything Out Of The Ordinary?

I picked this pebble up from a woodland path in Elstree recently and found the dimple on one side of it a perfect fit for my thumb. Or most likely ANY thumb for that matter. It just feels nice to the touch. Then the crazy thought gripped me - what if the dimple itself were caused by the action...
  2. Cecil Baargs

BBC Political Bias Is A 'Conspiracy Theory' Say The BBC

Well, they would, wouldn't they? The charge sheet is extensive, pointing to overt bias in favour of the government to the detriment of the Labour party. But, according to Emily Maitlis today, it's our old favourite 'cock up' not conspiracy which is to blame for all those mistakes that...
  3. Cecil Baargs

Object In The Sky Over Elstree (June 2019)

It was a bright, clear Sunday afternoon in June and I was looking up at the sky from my balcony window when I saw a faint spherical object hanging in the air at about cloud level (it seemed). I reached for my binoculars and focussed in on what was a light-coloured slightly squashed sphere-shaped...
  4. Cecil Baargs

The Hatchet Job On Stan Friedman In FT383

OK, so Mr Brookesmith (the writer) evidently didn't like the man but the sneering tone (and glaring errors) made this painful to read so soon after the man's death.
Back