• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. R

Old Lady In My Daughter

When my daughter was three, she would sit at the dinner table with me, where she would pretend to eat her food. She would play the usual silly games to avoid eating what she didn't deem suitable, including crying, fiddling with something on the table, daydreaming etc, only one time she leaned...
  2. R

Man who lives in woods.

I'm not sure if this warrants a IHTM, but there appears to be a man who lives in the woods near to where I live in Lincolnshire. I often see him from a distance when I'm walking the dog and he's always reading a book. He has made a shelter from the roots of a tree which has fallen to its side...
  3. R

Singing Bowl Therapy

Hiya. Not been here for a while, but I had an oddity happen recently that I thought I'd share. I've had a couple of sessions with a friend with Tibetan Singing bowls to help with my meditation. The whole thing is a bizarre experience anyway, as some of the sounds made from the bowls make your...
  4. R

Moving Comic Book

Not the most exciting story, but this happened on monday, I'd be interested in what people think. I went to stay with a friend in Manchester., and after a long day of driving, partying and gigging, I had to go to bed. I usually spend the night tossing and turning unless I read, so I read a...
  5. R

Death that never happened (or did it?)

A few years ago when I was at university, I distinctly remember watching a TV programme cobbled together from various different shows created by Gerry Anderson as a memorium to his death (from a heart attack if I recall correctly). I've since seen the very alive Gerry Anderson in interview, in...
  6. R

Big Cat?

I don't if this actually belongs here, but hey! I used to work in a burger flipping chain when I was a student, and had a friend who was enormous. Not fat, just towered above everyone else. His brother was the same, and they spent a lot of time getting into fights. I got on very well with...
  7. R

Mystery Shoe Saga

Shoe Throwing in Lincolnshire Saw an article on TV this morning about a couple who've had several shoes thrown on their front lawn from a moving Landrover for no apparent reason. This has been going on since they bought their house (two years ago I think), and may have been happening before...
  8. R

Aniseed Drives Dogs Mad

I grew up in Lancashire, in a delightful little new town just south of Wigan. Where I live now there's a sweet shop on the hill, an old fashioned one where the man behind the counter gets a jar on the shelf and weighs the sweets out according to how much you want to spend. My daughter, who is...
  9. R

Footsteps On The Stairs

Just thought I'd post this episode from my teens. I was brought up as a Jehovahs Witness, and as such was taught that any paranormal activity was Devilish machinations, which of course you would believe if you'd been indoctrinated like this from birth. When I was about fourteen, I was...
Back