• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. P

Tipping The Scales: Tales Of The Super-Sized

God that child is just massive. :shock: Surely that is some kind of abuse on the parents part? :? It makes me so sad to see people like this :cry: . What kind of a life does someone have if they cant even move just because of their weight? Their food intake must be truly gargantuan to be...
  2. P

Ageing & Growing Old

Sure they all use i-pods and the like now :roll: Or a laptop. Makes you wonder who's actually dj-ing, the computer or the guy pressing the buttons.
  3. P

Ageing & Growing Old

Im not sure if this is the place to put this, but reading through the posts I had my own little epiphany.. It dawned on me that Im just about 30 years old. WHat scares me about this is that I can remember a time when I thought being 30 was ancient! I actually genuinely sometimes forget how...
  4. P

Superstition

Im not that superstitious, but I still wont walk under a ladder. My mum is very superstitious though, she wont pick up a comb or brush if she drops it, she does the salt thing, and she also wont allow certain flowers into the house at certain times of the year. I really dont have a clue as to...
  5. P

Precognitive Dreams

I have these precognitive dreams all the time, about everything, I dream about eating, going out, family events before they happen. I had a very interesting one about my sister recently - in my dream she was giving birth and a few days later she announced that she was pregnant! I had to act...
  6. P

Banshees

Being Irish, Ive heard about the banshee since I was very little. We were always told that she was the sign of a death in the family and if she was seen or heard outside a house where someone was ill then the person would surely die. She would either be heard wailing or crying, or sometimes...
  7. P

Charlie

Following on from all this monkey talk, I read a short story by an Irish Author called John Connolly that really freaked me out. The story was about a writer with writers block who bought an inkwell, which had a stuffed monkey mounted on it. So, the story is that the night after he bough the...
  8. P

Pathological Or Compulsive Lying

Great thread! I think everyones had experiences like these, I certainly have anyway. I had a friend once who used to tell the most outrageous stories about where they were and whom they were with when they werent with any of the rest of the group. According to her, she had liasons with the most...
  9. P

Abnormal Physical Strength In A Crisis (Hysterical Strength)

I just wanted to compliment everyone on a great thread, fascinating stuff.
  10. P

Hoarders

My father is a terrible hoarder, he has the front room of my parents house completely taken over with all kinds of useless junk. And he also filled one large Garden shed with heaven knows what and has had to buy a second shed which is nearly full of stuff now. Therell be no garden left if he...
Back