• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Anome

Still more FTs for sale

Former denizen of this very board, our own Sally, ForteanSally, Waffle, or SpaceCadet (or various other user ids she might have used) has asked me to post the following ad. She assures me she hasn't coloured in all the "o"s yet, or written obscene marginalia in French. Although I'm sure it...
  2. Anome

UnCon 2010: The Aftermath

Just thought we should have a thread to discuss thoughts about the weekend. My main concern was that I didn't get enough time to spend in the vendor hall, or get a chance to go into the Paranormal Olympics, because I was in talks all day, and spent the lunch breaks trying to find lunch...
  3. Anome

UnCon 2008 perchance?

Is there any word as yet about whether there will be an UnCon next year? As I mentioned about this time last year, some of us need advance warning to arrange leave and flights etc.
  4. Anome

Something We Should Know About? Orbital Mind Control Lasers

Couldn't find any references to this on the board so far (maybe I didn't look hard enough), but it seems a bill was introduced to congress in 2001 to prevent the proliferation of Orbital Mind Control Lasers by the US. Referenced here, it seems the original version of the bill mentions both Mind...
  5. Anome

Preventing Prostate Cancer

This has been all over the news services here for the last couple of days. I'm surprised it hasn't cropped up here before. There will now be a brief pause while we get all the jokes about "Just reducing my chances for Prostate Cancer" out of the way, and to allow the Captain to catch up.
  6. Anome

Half-Man Beast Spotted in China

Haven't seen this posted elsewhere: From SMH.com.au
  7. Anome

Bazongas of Mass Destruction?

Or is this guy just a victim of Shock and Awe? No comments about dumb Americans. I think it was just this guy. And the airline was Canadian.
Back