• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

1. BS3

Coastguard Sighting, Berry Head, Brixham, 28 April 1967

Here's a sighting that made newspaper headlines at the time, but is now little remembered. However I think it might have some interesting implications. Around midday on 28 April 1967 a number of members of the public reported a bright, reflective object moving over Torbay. The sighting...
  2. Paul_Exeter

Classic Case Reexamined: The Devon Police & The Flying Cross (1967)

This case is ne of my all time favourites, partly because it took place in my home county and not so far from where I grew up and also because of the archive interviews that take us back to the 1960s: A 2004 interview with the now-retired coppers...
  3. RaM

Malmstrom Base Montana UFO Case

A US Air Force captain has recalled a terrifying moment in which his nuclear base came "under attack from a UFO". He described how guards were left "frightened", "screaming" and "babbling" by the bizarre sighting, which has been covered up for more than 50 years. Robert Salas, a retired US Air...
  4. BS3

The Spectre Of Winterfold (Surrey, UK, November 1967)

A recent, er, "showbiz news" story about filming for Amazon's Tolkien series taking place in Winterfold Forest in Surrey reminded me of a classically British, classically incomprehensible 'entity' case that took place there in November 1967. As often with these things (cf the Little Blue Man on...
  5. MrRING

Nain Rouge, Detroit's Red Gnome

I had never heard of this story before: The Nain Rouge, French for red dwarf or red gnome, is a mythical creature that haunts Detroit, Michigan. Its appearance is said to presage terrible events for the city. The Nain Rouge appears as a small child-like creature with red or black fur. It is...
  6. P

Penis-Theft Panics (Koro, Etc.)

History of Penis Panics A Natural History of Penis Panics : (hope its not a cross post!) A woman in Nigeria narrowly escaped a recent lynching from an enraged crowd after a market trader claimed she had stolen his penis. This is an example of Koro, (as it is most commonly known in the...
  7. A

The Patterson-Gimlin Bigfoot Film

Despite much criticism and analysis, the Bigfoot Patterson film still seems to defy all scepticism. Does anyone out there think it is a real Bigfoot, especially with the analysis provided by the likes of Grover Krantz who believe it to be an unknown biped. Unfortunately, enigmas such as Bigfoot...
  8. A

Mothman (The Actual Incident(s): Point Pleasant, WV; 1966 / 1967)

MOTHMAN HEY EVERYONE, I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE OUT THERE CAN TELL ME SOME STUFF ON MOTHMAN. ... ZERO
Back