• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

1 pint of beer kills 1 brain cell

A

Anonymous

Is there any truth in the above statement?

It did the rounds at my school when we were 16 to 17, yes that age when most people are drinking, but are still under age. (God knows how the Americans cope with waiting until they're 21)

Isn't it conicidental that 1 pint kills 1 brain cell ? Surely 1 unit per brain cell would be a better myth.

I don't know, but another horror story linked to this is that child birth and prgnancy lead you to lose half your brain-cells...now, I've got two children do I have any left?????

Anyway, we all have billions of brain cells so the drinking is pretty unlimited before we have to worry. I would be pleased to test this theory if anybody would like to fund me..........:D

Blueswidow said:
I don't know, but another horror story linked to this is that child birth and prgnancy lead you to lose half your brain-cells...now, I've got two children do I have any left?????
Ah, that explains it! I always wondered what the after-birth was...

(All right, I'm going.)

At school, we were told, that one drink killed several thousand brain cells. But, as we had millions of the little b***ers, there was no need to worry, we also lost loads every year of our life!!!!!!

Mind you, our science teacher was a confirmed 'alky'.

Still, as the only decent teacher in the dump, we kids covered up for her, even if, on reflection, I realise now, that she may have been a little prejudiced in her point of view!!!!!!

No what happens is that you loose half you current brain cells with each baby. So don't worry - you've still got 25% your virginal brain capacity. ;) :)

I heard that one cigarette takes 7 seconds off your life.
The way i go through I should probably be dead already.

Thank you Mr C.

I see from your title, that you also have a personal interest in this thread. But how does one ever "semi-retire" from the occupation?:confused: :confused: :confused:

WEll let me tell you that the only thing that cured my morning sickness (all day queasiness in my case) when expecting my twins was a nice, half pint of Bass!

Carole

The only sort of Morning Sickness I've suffered has been due to an over-consumption of such beverages as the afore-mentioned Bass... But a fine brew in moderation! Cheers!

Red Dalek said:
Is there any truth in the above statement?

It did the rounds at my school when we were 16 to 17, yes that age when most people are drinking, but are still under age. (God knows how the Americans cope with waiting until they're 21)

Isn't it conicidental that 1 pint kills 1 brain cell ? Surely 1 unit per brain cell would be a better myth.
The trick is to know which pint it is that will kill the brain cell and avoid drinking it.

Re: Re: 1 pint of beer kills 1 brain cell

intaglio said:
The trick is to know which pint it is that will kill the brain cell and avoid drinking it.
I think the official answer from Alcoholics Anonymous would be
"The First One" !!!

My name is rynner, and I'm an... oh, sorry, wrong meeting.

Iggy011 said:
I heard that one cigarette takes 7 seconds off your life.

As it takes me about 5 minutes to roll and smoke one, am I therefore gaining time?

Alt

The midwives told my wife to have the occasional beer after our daughter was born. I helps the mother produce milk.

I didn't have that excuse.

Back