• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

85% Of Homosexuals Are "That Way" Because They Are Possessed By Ghosts

In other countries that would be pretty much illegal and the cop and his wife would be answering some very serious questions.

Quite so. Law enforcement agencies take a dim view of their employees making random queries in police databases. A first incident of this sort might be met with a warning but any subsequent incidents would be handled more severely.

Most of my colleagues are in their 20s and 30s. At my workplace it's generally known among the colleagues (but not to the older, more traditional admins) that a few of them are gay. It's not particularly remarked upon or a big deal.

Quite so. Law enforcement agencies take a dim view of their employees making random queries in police databases. A first incident of this sort might be met with a warning but any subsequent incidents would be handled more severely.
In the US hospital workers are regularly fired for looking at (celebrity) patient records that they do not need to see. You'd think they would all know by now that they will be caught and fired.

In the US hospital workers are regularly fired for looking at (celebrity) patient records that they do not need to see. You'd think they would all know by now that they will be caught and fired.
Perhaps the amount they get from the celeb magazines for leaking details of the celebrity's treatment more than compensates for the loss of job?

In other countries that would be pretty much illegal and the cop and his wife would be answering some very serious questions.

Who the hell are you working for???
In the UK it is treated as a breach of GDPR (data protection act) and the officer resposible can be charged with a criminal offence, even persons requesting information through Sarahs/Helens Law (information on a person close to them about previous sexual/domestic violence) if they share this information with anyone else, they can be prosecuted.

https://databreachclaim.uk/police-criminal-justice-data-breach-compensation/

Perhaps the amount they get from the celeb magazines for leaking details of the celebrity's treatment more than compensates for the loss of job?
It would have to be a shi whole bunch. I don't think the gossips pay that well.

We have an alcoholic in our local (or we did have before lockdown, not sure he is even still alive) who once confided in a very slurred voice that his drinking was not his fault as he was possessed by something that made him drink. Surprised me really as sober, he is a very intelligent man, well read and well spoken with a vast array of interests, I wouldn’t have thought he would be one to blame his current situation on any Demon other than drink.

I won't presume to speak for maximus otter but at the organisation where I work the use of police databases by employees is definitely trackable.
In the medical environment where HIPAA is mandated the systems all have automated audit functions, if someone searches on something with a slight probability that it's not for their work it gets flagged, they get called in and they deal with apologies later. Same with HR records wherever I have worked. And all a good thing.

Back