• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

A Strange Experience In A Mountain

王泥喜法介

Devoted Cultist
Today, I'd like to talk about a strange experience in a mountain. In 2002, 16 years ago, I was a teenager at that time. In the summer holiday of this year, I visited a mountain for fun with several friends. In this way, we were attracted by a cabin there because it was so cute. We then approached that cabin and wanted to take some photos.

Suddenly, I was so curious and wanted to see the internal structure of this cabin, so I attempted to push the door to have a look. In the rural areas of China, a few locks contain a long chain. Therefore, if you push the door, you can get a narrow gap sometimes. I remember I pushed it lightly, and there was a gap. Next, when I was preparing to take a photo, I saw a strange man (just call it "man" here) in the cabin. However, the outlooking of this man is very freaky and scary. What is more, the height of this man was 1.2 metres at most.

It is undoubted that I was frightened heavily, and a friend around also saw the strange man. Immediately, I told my friends what I had seen, and the atmosphere became nervous. My friends also attempted to push the door to have a close look. However, we heard someone was shouting behind.

The woman behind us was the owner of this cabin. She saw that we were surrounding her house just now and supposed that we were thieves. My friend and I explained why we did so, but this woman refused to accept it. Finally, she opened the door and let us in. However, we examined this house but found nobody else there.

This concern remains unsolved today. On the one hand, I had seen this man clearly, and a friend saw that too. On the other hand, the door of this cabin was locked while the windows were seen by us. There was no way that this man could escape before we entered this cabin. The only plausible explanation is that there was a tunnel, and the owner knew this fact but refused to acknowledge it. But, I have to say that the outlook of that man was so creepy and I cannot find a reason why this owner could live with him together.

Last edited:
There are a few other minor features apart from what I have described. Firstly, this man is very black in contrast to normal Chinese. Secondly, he seems sloppy, with a beard. Thirdly, his eyesight is so strange, not angry, not surprised, but with a bit of confusion.
Was he wearing clothes?

May I ask the general area where this encounter happened?

Alright, I will contact him/her now.

There's no need to contact Stu directly.

To get yourself added to the emergency email list, send an email to:

[email protected]

... with your username in the subject line.

(It might be a good idea to note in the email that your username is 'the one that's all Chinese characters' - in case it doesn't appear that way in the subject line of the email that's received from you.)

Chengdu City, Sichuan Province.

Hi 王泥喜法介

I'm hoping that you got added, and know that we all made the transition. Would hate for you to lost.

So, as I understand it, the man that you describe had a much darker skin spooned or complexion than Chinese people generally have? I suppose if that were do, and you were looking into the darkness of House, perhaps his eyes would stand out. Maybe that might account for how you interpreted his expression.

Hi 王泥喜法介

I'm hoping that you got added, and know that we all made the transition. Would hate for you to lost.

So, as I understand it, the man that you describe had a much darker skin spooned or complexion than Chinese people generally have? I suppose if that were do, and you were looking into the darkness of House, perhaps his eyes would stand out. Maybe that might account for how you interpreted his expression.
This explanation seems reasonable. Yes, as well as your statement, I was watching that dark house, and the only thing was shining was the pair of that man's eys.

This explanation seems reasonable. Yes, as well as your statement, I was watching that dark house, and the only thing was shining was the pair of that man's eys.

Well, I guess that could account for that then.

However, it remains to be seen as to why he was in there.

From what you recall did the woman who owned the cabin state that she lived alone? Or was that something you interpreted?

And glad to see that you survived the forum transition!

Well, I guess that could account for that then.

However, it remains to be seen as to why he was in there.

From what you recall did the woman who owned the cabin state that she lived alone? Or was that something you interpreted?

And glad to see that you survived the forum transition!

Regarding this place, my memory is so fresh. That woman told us that she was cultivating herself there alone. And she felt offended because I insisted to say there was a man in her house.

Regarding this place, my memory is so fresh. That woman told us that she was cultivating herself there alone. And she felt offended because I insisted to say there was a man in her house.

I understand.

So, that begs the question of what the man was doing there. Was he an intruder? Was he simply an individual she did not want you all to know was in there? Or was what you perceived to be a man actually something else - be that anything from a shape you mistook for a man right up to some kind of apparition?

I understand.

So, that begs the question of what the man was doing there. Was he an intruder? Was he simply an individual she did not want you all to know was in there? Or was what you perceived to be a man actually something else - be that anything from a shape you mistook for a man right up to some kind of apparition?
Even though I attempt to use the approaches you mentioned to explain that case at first, I find it does not work.
Firstly, although this woman did want us to know there was a man, she opened the door and let us have a close look. As I mentioned above, this woman was cultivating herself there, and she was quite unhappy because I stated this, so she encouraged my friends and me to examine every corner. But there was nothing. By the way, I have discussed the windows before; it seems almost impossible to jump out from the window without drawing any attention.
Secondly, except me, another guy also saw this man and was frightened too. In so doing, it was remotely possible that both of us made a mistake at the same time.
By the way, a friend provided a relatively plausible answer. In her words, there was a man indeed. This man hid under the bed when we were looking for him, and the woman did not want us to know this for some reasons. Even though this explaination is so far-fetched, it is the most plausible one I have heard.

I think that this is the most likely explanation. The woman had said she was living as a hermit doing a solitary retreat and did not want word getting out that she was permitting visits by friends or family, or she may have been hiding someone wanted by the authorities. She delayed you long enough for the person to hide. You cannot predict peoples' behavior or motivations.

I think that this is the most likely explanation. The woman had said she was living as a hermit doing a solitary retreat and did not want word getting out that she was permitting visits by friends or family, or she may have been hiding someone wanted by the authorities. She delayed you long enough for the person to hide. You cannot predict peoples' behavior or motivations.
In fact, that explanation by my friend is still remotely possible for two reasons below.

For one thing, the appearance of the man is horrible enough. Frankly speaking, I am afraid that almost everyone would be scared by his appearance, and I attempted to find him out merely because his outlook was so weird.

For another, before the woman came back, we had been monitoring almost the whole room from a crack between the door and its frame. In fact, we just missed a few seconds after I was frightened. I have to say, it is extremely difficult that the man could hide so quickly and silently.

With all respects, my friend, if you were this woman and you hid this man in the room, would you open the door and encourage us to examine. There were eight or nine of us, if anyone attempted to examine the place under the bed, this man would be detected definitely. At that moment, nobody could guarantee what would happen. If the man was found, perhaps this case could be more serious because there were only two results. A possible result is that the man was her sexual mate. If so, the woman would be infamous in this mountain. I have to say, this man could not be her friend or relative because many people who cultivated there engaged in social activities. Even though she lived in a solitary life, it seems unnecessary to hide a friend or relative there.

Another possibility is that the man could be a criminal or someone who was wanted by the authority, as you mentioned. If so, this woman would be actionable for hiding that man. In summary, is it irrational or risky that she opened the door and allow us to have a close look? If she opened the door but did not allow us to examine so closely, or if she pretended to be a passerby, then dispelled our doubts and persuaded us to leave, is it a better choice for her.

By the way, I feel that this case becomes more interesting now, with the questions and comments here. Perhaps the brilliant friends here could provide more convincing conclusions.

However, even though this case seems rather mysterious, I incline to believe it was caused by unknown but realistic reasons, rather than supernatural powers.

Last edited:
Back