• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Alien Vs Predator

Who would win?!

• Alien of course!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Duuh, predator

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Even stephens

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sausages?

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
Peter Weller and Lance Henrikson will play the characters of Weyland and Yutani, the heads of the 'company'.

more info here

:cool:

Paul 'Resident Evil' Anderson, Lance 'Mind Ripper' Henriksen* AND Peter 'Screamers' Weller.* Oh no...

Go to Video, Go Straight-To-Video, Do not pass the Screening Room Door, Do not collect any BoxOffice Earnings. :(

* I like both these actors.

lennynero said:
Peter Weller and Lance Henrikson will play the characters of Weyland and Yutani, the heads of the 'company'.
So they're sticking with the "Bishop was based on a company man" idea are they?

Pity. I was still holding out hope that Alien^3 was all a dream.

Please explain the trailer???

My computer is wierd and medievil-I can watch some trailers but not others-anyway wha'happen in the AVP trailer-Pray tell.......?:confused:

Re: Please explain the trailer???

Redneck said:
My computer is wierd and medievil-I can watch some trailers but not others-anyway wha'happen in the AVP trailer-Pray tell.......?:confused:

It has some of the other footage (close-ups of Alien and Predator heads) intersperced with a team of humans decending into what looks to be an ancient archaeological site. We see alien eggs about to hatch, and there is a cool shot of an alien confonting a masked Predator face-to-face.

It's a Quicktime trailer - have you tried to download the most recent player?

if you go to the film site there is a teaser clip and a behind the scenes clip where they explain the storyline of the film as well as the trailer :D avp site

to qoute W. C. Fields:

on the whole I'd rather be in Philidelphia

Couldn't they resolve there differences in some way other than violence? There are excellent counselling servics available.

The mother Alien could do with some anger management therapy and in the process learn to refocus its energy on a more productive, less vengeful lifestyle. While Predator needs to take good long look at itself and stop engaging in type A behaviour. Winning at all costs, and an 'I will kill myself if I don't get what I want' attitude are obvious stumbling blocks to leading a more appropriate lifestyle.

I can't help thinking there is a co-dependency issue here as well.

Suitably restrained, I think meeting in a safe and secure , non-judgemental environment where both lifeforms were given the opportunity to discuss their differences and encouraged to explore more positive avenues of self expression would be of imense benefit to both lifeforms.

:eek!!!!: :grouphug: :wtf:

Look, the Aliens are still a bit shy after the failed attempts at truce with Ellen Ripley. So, it's hardly surprising they've resorted to violence when dealing with the Predators.

Ok, But surely this can be resolved non-violently!

Having acid for blood is an obvious handicap to becomming more altuistic not to mention caring. And the Predators reliance on offensive technology is really engaging in self-defeating behaviour. Sure these were biological or learnt behaviours...

But! These are not excuses and all lifeforms should at least accept responsiblity for their actions, however unique. Once the healing begins then both lifeforms can be treated, and treat each other, with the respect, honesty and integrity they deserve.

Given the opportunity even an Mother Alien who has just had its ovipositor bitten off can reflect on the greater good.

:confused:

The acid could be a way they can show their goodwill. Imagine the benefits to Industry from providing an environmentally friendly source of acid. And surely we can come up with a way of recycling the acid used for the benefit of Alien-kind?

Meanwhile, the Predators have all sorts of useful technology. Imagine being able to research endangered species from right up close using their camouflage equipment.

That's the entrepreneural spirit!

There's some excellent business oportunites just waiting to be tapped into...

I'm imaging thousands of Aliens with acid-proof tubes shoved down their throats. Collecting... Bile! just like in third world countries.

And imagine the 'black projects' that could be conducted at Huges aerospace... Hang on THATS what area 51 is about!

sunsplash said:
I'm imaging thousands of Aliens with acid-proof tubes shoved down their throats. Collecting... Bile! just like in third world countries.
I do not condone in any way the shameful and cruel exploitation of xenoforms. Any industrial use must be arranged by accord.

You make it sound like a Foie-gras farm.

As a caring professional I share your concern. (Can't stand the foie gras stuff anyway)

Possibly in the case of Alien part of its therapy could involve acid production on a volunteer basis? That 's something an interesting venture-capitalist might like to finance?

.... Excuse me Alien. Dribbling acid onto your restraints will eventually let you escape. But it will take time. It is counter-productive in the long run and you should be more concerned with engaging in the therapy.

Predator! Stop shinning that targeting laser into my eyes. It won't do you any good, we've taken away your offensive weapons capabilities....

:)

*Lights pipe*

Look, just because it's an armour-plated alien killing machine that salivates unspeakable slobber, doesn't mean it's a bad person. What we've got to do is get them round a table, and put together a solution package -- perhaps over tea and biscuits.

Erm, moving on a step, if that doesn't work -- and I hope no-one thinks that I'm setting myself up as a self-elected chairperson ... just see me as a facilitator -- but here's my proposal: Let's get tough. The time for talking is over. Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major -- and I mean major -- leaflet campaign, and while it's reeling from that, we'd follow up with a car boot sale, some street theatre and possibly even some benefit concerts. OK?

Now, if that still isn't enough, I'm sorry, it's time for the T-shirts: "Mutants Out" ... "Chameleonic Life Forms, No Thanks" ... and if that's not enough, well, I don't know what will be.
Erm, anyway, I think we're all beginning to lose sight of the real issue here, which is: what are we going to call ourselves? Erm, and I think it comes down to a choice between "The League Against Salivating Monsters" or, my own personal preference, which is "The Committee for the Liberation and Integration of Terrifying Organisms and their Rehabilitation Into Society."
Erm, one drawback with that, though, -- the abbreviation is "CLITORIS."

;)

Originally posted by Dark Detective

Erm, moving on a step, if that doesn't work -- and I hope no-one thinks that I'm setting myself up as a self-elected chairperson ... just see me as a facilitator -- but here's my proposal: Let's get tough. The time for talking is over. Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major -- and I mean major -- leaflet campaign, and while it's reeling from that, we'd follow up with a car boot sale, some street theatre and possibly even some benefit concerts. OK?

;)

*lights hair*

Yes A tough love approach. It worked with the Terminator so that's a definate, appropriate therapeutic approach worth running up a flag and seeing who salutes...

With Predator the outcome might not be sooo certain. It might need a softer approach. Possibly dream analysis...

Dark Detective said:
Now, if that still isn't enough, I'm sorry, it's time for the T-shirts: "Mutants Out" ... "Chameleonic Life Forms, No Thanks" ... and if that's not enough, well, I don't know what will be.
Erm, anyway, I think we're all beginning to lose sight of the real issue here, which is: what are we going to call ourselves? Erm, and I think it comes down to a choice between "The League Against Salivating Monsters" or, my own personal preference, which is "The Committee for the Liberation and Integration of Terrifying Organisms and their Rehabilitation Into Society."
Erm, one drawback with that, though, -- the abbreviation is "CLITORIS."

;)

What say we just TW%T it? Swift knee in the happy sacks and it'll drop just like everyone else! :D

Yes, well, let's just put that on the back burner, shall we? Does anyone have anything else they wish to bring to the forum?

Dark Detective you are Arnold Judas Rimmer and I claim my £5. Now.....if you could just introduce me to Ace....

Mr Predator! No amount of fiddling with your wrist mounted controls will make a speck of difference…
Now can we please concentrate on therapy?

No Ms Alien we are NOT going to allow that right now, perhaps later when you show some willingness to engage in…

-Extending you inner jaws is quite frightening but lost on me I’m afraid. Seen it before. Now how about a cup of tea? Then we might have a visit from someone special…

*Streches out on couch*

So lets recap…

Predator, please stop teasing the orderlies… Flexing your peculiar muscle groups only get them angrier-

-Yes I agree, maybe some of them DO need anger management classes just as much as you do. But it’s not like they go around ripping out spinal columns with their bare hands…

Can we please talk about last night’s dream? Yes?

So you were in a dense forest. You were hunting -Ahhh, small game animals, you say-

And how were you feeling? Tense? Dry mouth? Upset?

Then suddenly you were in alimoousine, It was going in reverse-

-Yes, that beeping coming from your wrist is annoying…

And you blacked out, only to come too on the set of 'Wheel of Fortune?'

Yes that does sound strange doesn’t it?

At which point you decapitated one of the contestants, almost fatally wounded a screaming production assistant and launched missiles at the -Round structure that was spinning slowly- then began bellowing in such a rage that you woke up?[I/]

And you were sweating?

You know what Predator, It’s much more important to know what
YOU think it means…

Yes I have had a word with Predator and it won’t be whispering ‘Ripp-lley’ anymore when your thorax is turned the other way. I know it’s very hurtful of it to say such things.

But –and this is important- whatever doesn’t kill you makes you strong!

I am not being flippant! It’s a philosophical position. Stoic-

*Notes get flung to the floor*

Ms Alien there’s no need to take that tone of growl with me! I was merely pointing out-

-If I could just finish a-

That is not fair! Both of you mean a lot to me. Yes, It does seem I am spending slightly more time with Predator than you. The point is Predator is really trying-

I know, sometimes it appears like favouritism but that isn’t the case. You both have differing objectives treatment-wise.

And you can do just as well as Predator does-

‘r i p - l e y ’

That’s it! This session is over. We won’t be going to see Hannibal: the musical tonight either!

Well that’s just too bad Predator!

Interview with Ridley Scott from Japanese DVD magazine

-----------------------------------------
Ridley's been promoting "Matchstick-Men" on DVD. Here's the interview from 'Famitsu Wave', or some of the good bits, he did with in which he touches on these "Alien 5" rumors. Still soundz a little up in tho air, but interstsing all the same. if you can use, good, if not, keep on the good news!

FW : Is Nicolas Cage an easy man to work with?

RS : Nic is the most gracious, giving, talented person one could hope to work with. He's so far removed from everything Hollywood represents. Best thing about Nic is he can do anything - anything..

FW : Do you think he tarnished his career by doing popcorn action movies?

RS : Not at all, money talks sir. If there's room for him in the new Alien movie, we'd love to get him. He's a guy that chooses the movies he does on the terms 'would he like to see this movie'?

FW: And what of the rumor of another Alien movie?

RS : We have been talking about doing another one for years. It's been a complex situation. At the end of the day, a studio has to be pleased, a core audience has to be pleased, and a director has to agree to all that. I am glad to say things are progressing...

FW : With you as Director?

RS: I don't think I'll be directing, but I will have some involvement. It'll probably be based on an idea I have, so I hope I'm asked to be involved.

FW : Can you talk about the idea?

RS : In broad terms, It's something for those folks that want to see Ridley's Journey come full circle and..

FW : Does that take her to the home planet of the Aliens?

RS : She won't necessarily see the home planet, but you might...

FW : Do you know when this will happen?

RS : Fox are waiting to see how Aliens vs Predator does, and then they'll do the Alien movie, and I believe a Predator film too. Again, if I'm involved in it, great, if not, then that's luck of the draw.
---------------------------------
:cool:

Back