• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Allies' Part In Bloodbath Questioned

A

Anonymous

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/011128/140/cjqe2.html

This story has disturbed me since I heard it a few days ago. The Taliban in Kunduz knew they were defeated and were negotiating a surrender with the Northern Alliance. The only stumbling block in the negotiations was the handling of the much hated foreign Taliban fighters who were in the city. It would appear that negotiations were successful. Taliban soldiers laid down their arms and the foreign Taliban fighters were taken to a fort on the outskirts of Mazar-e-Sharif.

It was then reported that the foreign Taliban soldiers involved in an uprising in the fort where they were being held. It would appear the uprising was so fierce that US bombs were used to handle the situation, in the process killing hundreds of foreign Taliban. I don’t see reported how many Northern Alliance soldiers were killed but certainly no UK or USA soldiers were hurt or injured.

I read this and just wonder what exactly was negotiated? It is a common view that Taliban soldiers have little regard for the foreign Taliban having put them in the front line of every military flashpoint so far. It is also not clear what was to be the fate of the foreign Taliban soldiers once the city of Kunduz was taken. Could it be that the UK and US forces were involved in a staged massacre as part of a deal with the Taliban?
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/011128/140/cjqe2.html

This story has disturbed me since I heard it a few days ago. The Taliban in Kunduz knew they were defeated and were negotiating a surrender with the Northern Alliance. The only stumbling block in the negotiations was the handling of the much hated foreign Taliban fighters who were in the city. It would appear that negotiations were successful. Taliban soldiers laid down their arms and the foreign Taliban fighters were taken to a fort on the outskirts of Mazar-e-Sharif.

It was then reported that the foreign Taliban soldiers involved in an uprising in the fort where they were being held. It would appear the uprising was so fierce that US bombs were used to handle the situation, in the process killing hundreds of foreign Taliban. I don’t see reported how many Northern Alliance soldiers were killed but certainly no UK or USA soldiers were hurt or injured.

I read this and just wonder what exactly was negotiated? It is a common view that Taliban soldiers have little regard for the foreign Taliban having put them in the front line of every military flashpoint so far. It is also not clear what was to be the fate of the foreign Taliban soldiers once the city of Kunduz was taken. Could it be that the UK and US forces were involved in a staged massacre as part of a deal with the Taliban?

Sorry about the double post

Don't know what happened there!

Can't comment on the whole story. (Sounds like a hell of a mess.) There were reports at the weekend of (I think) an ITN reporter that was injured by sharpnel when a prisoner blew himself up with a hand grenade. There are also reports tonight that a CIA officer was killed in the initial breakout. Shortly after this the prisoners managed to break into the armoury. Everything went to hell in a handbasket at this point.

Seems unlikely that the Northern Alliance will be very keen on taking prisoners after this.:(

Back