• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Animal Doppelgängers

A

Anonymous

My girlfriend and I are HUGE animal lovers, especially cats. We have noticed something over the last few years when we go on holiday. We have 3 cats at home that we adore and miss terribly when we go on holiday. Quite a few times (once in Amsterdam and once in Vence) we have been approached by cats that have ignored other passers by and headed straight for us. I know this isn't strange in itself as animals can pick out the "friendly" people in a crowd. But the weird thing is these cats look just like our cats back home!!! It is like our cats are visiting us while we are on holiday to say hello! Has this happened to anyone else or are we just a bit soppy?

:miaow: Another cat thread...awww.

I haven't experienced anything like this. Maybe your kitties can actually be in two places at once. Bilocation I think it's called but I believe this to be only the 'spirit' of the original such as an astral projection that can be seen as an apparition. Not a solid presence.
Do these 'visiting' cats come up to you and let you pat them?

Hmm, maybe these 'visiting' kitties have owners that are your doubles and they are thinking that you are their human companions.

When it comes down to it though, it is more likely the appearance of the cat could be a common colour and build as cats don't really differ all that much from each other (unless they are of a specific breed).

Picking you out of a crowd ... maybe you were the only ones showing interest in the kitty that looked so much like your own back home.

:miaow:

Fiktishus
Yes, these kitties let us pat them. How dare you say that moggies do not differ from each other :) They might be a different colour, but characteristics and markings are quite varied.
For example, the time in Amsterdam, we were walking along ad up ahead a cat was sitting in a doorway, ignoring people as they walked past. However when we walked past he stood up and coiled himself around our legs - and he was the spitting image of our baby, Fetish!

Maybe I've just seen way too many cats in my lifetime and they are all starting to look the same.
:p

Still, it's a nice thought that our "boys" were visiting us to check up on us.....

Oooooh - you cruel person. We would NEVER go off without taking the best care of them - they are our children!! Actually whenever we come back from holiday they have normally put weight on!!! This is due to them looking sad and pathetic to the cat-sitter who feels sorry for them and feeds them extra!
We are off to Paris tomorrow for the weekend - I'll tell you on Tuesday if we "saw" them in French cats disguise....
:D

Back