• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Animal Dreams

A

Anonymous

I was wondering how many other people have dreams that they are animals or are involved in non homonid activities in their dreams.
I have only occasionaly dreamed of flying not the majestic hawk sort but it is the Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory magic lemonade kind of floating.
However I regularly dream of running through a forest or a field and feeling that it would be much easier and more comfortable to run on all fours. During the transition I think to myself this is wonderfull that my limbs can work like this instead of running on 2 feet and I feel a great sence of comfort and ecstacy as I lope through the undergrowth.
Mostly I dream of myself as a wolf and it feels very natural.
I have dreams I am being chased by werewolves occasionaly and I have dreams that I am a werewolf not so occasionaly.
I am curious to other peoples dream-scapes and or their beliefs in animal totems or guides.
Whar sort of animal are you?

I can't remember ever having a dream in which I was an animal, but I had a dream in which I was a demon - in the Christian sense - and I felt myself speaking in some weird language that I didn't understand and in a very gutteral, Linda-Blairish tone. It wasn't that I was possessed; more like I was discovering my true nature. There were other demons around me who were prodding me along and they looked something like this.

Back