• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Arthur Conan Doyle In His Own Words

gattino

Justified & Ancient
We've all seen snippets of Doyle speaking to camera in documentaries about Sherlock Holmes. But here is the whole thing (I at least had never seen it) and his primary topic of conversation is his interest in things "psychic". What I find really interesting is that his words and demeanor seem to completely belie the usual summary we read so often that he was an intelligent man whose judgement was addled by grief at the wartime death of his son and the search for some comforting evidence of survival. He explicitly dates his fascination with psychic phenomena and research back into the previous century.

Last edited by a moderator:
The following series of articles about supposed discussions with the spirit of Arthur Conan Doyle may be of interest
The Paranormal World of Arthur Conan Doyle Pt 1: Terrifying premonition set Edinburgh business woman on supernatural journey

www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/people/paranormal-world-arthur-conan-doyle-pt-1-terrifying-premonition-set-edinburgh-business-woman-supernatural-journey-2891594

The Paranormal World of Arthur Conan Doyle Pt 2: 'You should know me...' The words were felt, not heard

www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/must-read/paranormal-world-arthur-conan-doyle-pt-2-you-should-know-me-words-were-felt-not-heard-2892679
The Paranormal World of Arthur Conan Doyle Pt 3: The table tilted, rose in the air and flew across the room

www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heritage-and-retro/heritage/paranormal-world-arthur-conan-doyle-pt-3-table-tilted-rose-air-and-flew-across-room-2893872
The Paranormal World of Arthur Conan Doyle Pt 4: The spirit of the evil Aleister Crowley threatens the Circle

www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heritage-and-retro/heritage/paranormal-world-arthur-conan-doyle-pt-4-spirit-evil-aleister-crowley-threatens-circle-2894029
The Paranormal World of Arthur Conan Doyle Pt 5: Spirits reveal building that will bear Conan Doyle name

www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/people/paranormal-world-arthur-conan-doyle-pt-5-spirits-reveal-building-will-bear-conan-doyle-name-289543Paranormal World of Conan Doyle Pt 1: Terrifying premonition set Edinburgh business woman on supernatural journeySHERLOCK Holmes’ creator Arthur Conan Doyle was fascinated by the afterlife.edinburghnews.scotsman.com

Back