• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Bad dreams lately?

Quicksilver said:
My last one was very strange.

I was in my Wife's Corsa with Melissa Messenger.............

But quite why I should be getting these 'wet' dreams :rolleyes: now is a mythstery to me.

Wasn't Ms Messenger co-host of Fort Boy-ard (my hyphen)?
No prizes for guessing the symbolism there.;) :D

Inverurie Jones said:
I had a slightly unpleasant dream about something like a spiney snake that jumped at me out of a burned-out house and burrowed into my guts.
The people were screaming in pain because they were slowly melting away, like the snakes were digesting them.

I'm no physicist; this just occurred to me while I was on the toilet, but perhaps you're getting your mental wires crossed with your double in an alternate reality.
I remember reading somewhere that photons can be seen interacting with others from parallel universes; perhaps this also applies to the electrical impulses in our brains and central nervous systems and under certain circumstances, such as REM sleep we can access the sensory input from someone in the other universe who has a close enough brain-wave pattern to our own.

Flittermouse said:
...I'm no physicist; this just occurred to me while I was on the toilet, but perhaps you're getting your mental wires crossed with your double in an alternate reality.
I remember reading somewhere that photons can be seen interacting with others from parallel universes; perhaps this also applies to the electrical impulses in our brains and central nervous systems and under certain circumstances, such as REM sleep we can access the sensory input from someone in the other universe who has a close enough brain-wave pattern to our own.

Well that explains a lot! I've had so many dreams that were very realistic [to the point that after waking I've thought they were real incidents... ] but there was always some little "anomaly" that marked them as not having actually occurred ... I think my double has a much nicer life than me :D

You can explain a lot with alternate realities; dreams, timeslips, doppelgangers, UFOs, being pixie-led, some cryptozoology.
If you ever find yourself in the Windswept Pennines watch your step; there seem to be plenty of wormholes round here.:D

Ye Gods! You mean there's another me somewhere fighting desperately to control an infestation of man-eating snake-things?
It's like in Jingo:

'Bingely-bingely beep!
Things to do today:
Die.'

*Shudder*

Flittermouse said:
...perhaps you're getting your mental wires crossed with your double in an alternate reality.

Like Loebilia I've had very detailed dreams, so much so that when I woke up I was uncertain for a while as to which was real and which was the dream.

I've also noticed that I seem to have an alternate memory in dreams, remembering things from previous dreams as though they were past incidents.

I frequently get the false awakening phenomena, where you wake, go about your everyday activities then realise that something is definitely not right with the world and wake again.

Not so much getting out of the wrong side of bed as getting out of the wrong side of the universe.

These all set me to wondering (not entirely seriously) if I was getting leakage from a parrallel universe.

On the other hand, I've kept dream diaries on and off for over 15 years, including a continuous run from 1990-1993. It could just be that I tend to remember dreams in more detail, and look for detail in the dreams rather than parrallel worlds and quantum spookiness.

Timble said:
On the other hand, I've kept dream diaries on and off for over 15 years, including a continuous run from 1990-1993. It could just be that I tend to remember dreams in more detail, and look for detail in the dreams rather than parrallel worlds and quantum spookiness.

Fair enough, but I'll stick with my idea simply because it seems to me that it is easier to collect data supporting the existance of parallel worlds than to collect data supporting the existance of the human mind.
I personally believe a lot more strongly in other universes than in other people's sentience.

Just my £0.002

flittermouse

you seem to have a very open and non-linear mind i would value your imput on my thread "dream teachers" if you don't have anything better to do that is.

Timble said:
I've also noticed that I seem to have an alternate memory in dreams, remembering things from previous dreams as though they were past incidents.

I frequently get the false awakening phenomena, where you wake, go about your everyday activities then realise that something is definitely not right with the world and wake again.

Yes, that happens to me too, Timble.

I also find that I can still clearly remember dreams from years ago.

Carole

Back