• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

BBC Breakfast TV 03/12/01 Remote Viewing and Space Debris©

A

Anonymous

Don't think I'm always switching on and sitting down to watch breakfast tv, but I just managed to catch a piece on Remote Viewing on the BBC at about 10 to 9 UK time, yesterday morning©

It started out very promisingly, with talk of Remote Viewing into Afghanistan in the hunt for he who must not be named abu ben voldemort©

Then it turned into some six minute long hype about a book about, `a quantum energy field that connects everything together©' This was proved by a quote from an Apollo astronaut from 1972 who'd looked back at earth and sensed the interconnectedness of everything!

Then back to the studio for a bumbling piece of puffery with author Lynne McTaggart about her new book `The Field'© Said book being about a quantum energy field, etc©

There was also famed psychic medium Craig Hamilton-Parker who did not hesitate to promote his own web site and books©
Six minutes of more huffing and puffing than the big bad wolf© First Courtney Love comes over all psychic, now this! The Age of Aquarius really is upon us!

Cut to local news from the South East© "And if you've got any video material of the space debris from Saturday night," says the newsreader brightly, "don't forget to send it in!" What is going on?

Apparently it's what the huddled masses want pod!!!!

I went down to my local Mattalan store today & looked at the cheap books there. Titles included: candle magic, feng shui, fortune telling, cards, stars etc. & books on crystals!!!! :rolleyes:

Ah, David,
It's not about fields of mystical quantum energy, the crystals, the candles, the cards, or the feng shui© It's the fact that, once again, a piece of really lazy and cynical television was broadcast under the banner of the supernatural©

It's as if any subject, remotely related to the paranormal, automatically allows researchers, journalists, editors and producer to hang their brains up on the hat rack and churn out any old toot and fill it up with cliches©

Even, it seems, the quite serious premise that telepathy, in the form of `remote viewing,' is being used to help fight a very real conflict is not thought worthy of bringing any actual intelligence to bear on the subject©

I know it was only an end of programme filler, but it was so unbelievably crappy, and it was the BBC© Ooh! It makes me so maaaad!

BBC Breakfast News has frequently had an "open mind" policy. (You can sometimes hear the wind blowing through it.) A while back they had a section where a guy demonstrated a form of colour therapy. This involved him waving torches with different coloured lenses over parts of the body.:rolleyes: Guess what, this "wonderful new breakthrough" jad just become avilable in the UK.:rolleyes: They may claim not to take advertising, but you wonder sometimes.:)

David said:
Apparently it's what the huddled masses want pod!!!!

I went down to my local Mattalan store today & looked at the cheap books there. Titles included: candle magic, feng shui, fortune telling, cards, stars etc. & books on crystals!!!! :rolleyes:

And have you noticed that displays of Feng Shui displays in shops never conform to the principles of Feng Shui?

Hmmmmm:)

Fortis said:
...a guy demonstrated a form of colour therapy. This involved him waving torches with different coloured lenses over parts of the body.:rolleyes: Guess what, this "wonderful new breakthrough" jad just become avilable in the UK.
JUST become available? I had one of those as a present over 40 years ago! Brilliant, a torch with little coloured filters that could be switched over the bulb - my bestest pressie ever! I couldn't wait for it to get dark so I could really play with it.

(Admittedly, I didn't know I could have healed with it... Another great career I missed out on.)

Back