• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Big money!

Philo_T

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
from ITV
:eek!!!!:

Don Johnson denies cash stash
11.16AM GMT, 12 Mar 2003
Former Miami Vice star Don Johnson has been caught up in a money-laundering investigation by German Customs officials.

Johnson, 53, was stopped last year while travelling from Switzerland to Germany and officials discovered almost billion in share certificates, cheques, credit notes and bonds in his possession.

Officials in Germany have not filed any charges, but have passed on the information of the discovery to US authorities.

Leonard Bierl of German Customs CID explained why US officials were informed: "That wouldn't have happened unless we were suspicious about why he had all these stocks and shares on him."

The papers were found in a suitcase that the Nash Bridges star was carrying from Zurich.

When he was stopped on November 6 last year, Johnson claimed he needed the documents for a business deal.

The television star - once married to Hollywood actress Melanie Griffiths - is already in hot water in the US.

He is being sued in California for
Don Johnson denies cash stash
11.16AM GMT, 12 Mar 2003
Former Miami Vice star Don Johnson has been caught up in a money-laundering investigation by German Customs officials.

Johnson, 53, was stopped last year while travelling from Switzerland to Germany and officials discovered almost $5 billion in share certificates, cheques, credit notes and bonds in his possession.

Officials in Germany have not filed any charges, but have passed on the information of the discovery to US authorities.

Leonard Bierl of German Customs CID explained why US officials were informed: "That wouldn't have happened unless we were suspicious about why he had all these stocks and shares on him."

The papers were found in a suitcase that the Nash Bridges star was carrying from Zurich.

When he was stopped on November 6 last year, Johnson claimed he needed the documents for a business deal.

The television star - once married to Hollywood actress Melanie Griffiths - is already in hot water in the US.

He is being sued in California for $1 million dollars after allegedly failing to repay a bank loan.

A spokesman for the star confirmed that Johnson had been stopped at the German border, but denied he had $5 billion of stocks and shares on him at the time.
million dollars after allegedly failing to repay a bank loan.

A spokesman for the star confirmed that Johnson had been stopped at the German border, but denied he had billion of stocks and shares on him at the time.
:eek!!!!:

Is it possible that several news agencies confused 'M' and 'B'?

Is that British billion or States billion?

That couldn't have been Don's money. Somebody must be awful pissed at him.

What the hell was he up to?!!! Hopefully something more interesting than just mundane money laundering!!

Can I have some?!!:p

I heard that Nash Bridges cost on excess of one million bucks an ep, perhaps he was planning a few extra series, and a bit more for cheech marin on the side :)

`Miami Vice' Actor Johnson May Sue German Ministry, Stern Says
Aug. 20 (Bloomberg) -- Don Johnson, star of U.S. television show ``Miami Vice,'' may sue Germany's Finance Ministry after news that customs officers found billion when they stopped and searched his car was made public in March, Stern magazine said.

Johnson is claiming that the Finance Ministry tipped the media off about the case and his lawyer, Hamburg-based Matthias Prinz, is preparing to seek damages, the German magazine said, without saying where it obtained the information.

The car in which Johnson was traveling with two unidentified people was searched in a routine check at the Bietingen border post as it entered Germany from Switzerland Nov. 6. German officials informed U.S. tax and customs authorities of the discovery of the credit notes and other securities.

Germany authorities said in May that they won't proceed against Johnson. The documents, meant to serve as a security for a business deal, belonged to one of the other passengers and not to Johnson, Germany's Customs Crime Office in Cologne said.

(Der Stern 8-20)

http//www.stern.de for the magazine's Web site.

Last Updated: August 20, 2003 01:31 EDT

This situation just seems intriguingly weird to me. I really don't see why nobody seems to be looking in to this. I guess it could just be as simple as the people involved wanting to protect their privacy. Lord knows if I was driving around with billions of $ in securites, I would be too.

Back