• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

black people walk among us!!!!

A

Anonymous

i have seen them in the mirror............dancing and smiling, laughing at my jokes, they are everywhere!!!!!!!!

As you're in the USA, Jupiterfish, you won't have seen a program on BBC2 last night. Using modern makeup techniques, a black man and a white man were made up as members of the opposite race, and then went out into the world to see if people treated them differently, or if they themselves had different expectations of the world in their new skin.

Both participants were intelligent and open-minded, and the prog was a lot of fun, besides being thought provoking.

(Another one is on tonight at 9 pm, for UK viewers.)

But I still don't understand your post, J!

Jupiterfish, please explain!!

Carole

This would be an intresting thread is soemone MADE A POINT. Since when is the colour of your skin some kind of phenomenon?! I'm white! WOW!

Sorry don't! gettit!
and btw. A post titled - Black people walk amongst us sounds fairly racist, whether you're black or not.

jupiterfish said:
i'm black. and in america.............i love it.
I suspected that by your 'mirror' comments. But you have to admit your post was at best enigmatic and at worst provocative!

Did anyone see that Whoopi Goldberg film 'The Associate'? She was made up as a white man. The result was quite startling, she looked like Marlon Brando.

Carole

I used to be pale blue, but a couple of jaunts overseas have made me white...

Well, I agree it does seem a slightly odd thing to post, but I just looked down the the thread list...

Notice how many threads are about whether (some) Jewish people do this, (some) Muslim people do that, that (some) Japanese do this... I remember someone bringing up the "black people have black semen" thing a while ago, and I seem to remember it was as a question too... silly, silly people...

A number of the posts on this particular forum seem to deal with a lot of racial ignorance - in fact a lot of these ULs probably start off as racial slurs...

Read Oliver Goldsmith's 18thC "History of the Earth and Animated Nature" to find the origins of several wierd myths and pseudo-scientific "facts" on non-europeans...

So, whether intentional or not, Jupiterfish reminded me of this... And it's something to think about...

rynner said:
As you're in the USA, Jupiterfish, you won't have seen a program on BBC2 last night. Using modern makeup techniques, a black man and a white man were made up as members of the opposite race, and then went out into the world to see if people treated them differently, or if they themselves had different expectations of the world in their new skin.

Both participants were intelligent and open-minded, and the prog was a lot of fun, besides being thought provoking.

(Another one is on tonight at 9 pm, for UK viewers.)

But I still don't understand your post, J!

what wasthe conclusion of this program? did any of the 2 feel they were treated differently?

I saw that first time around, Tang... and there didn't really seem to be a conclusion... I think that they realised that there wasn't as much racism as they expected... but then again I'm not sure - I think it was more about racial identity rather than racial prejudice, but the whole thing seemed a little blurry.

I find all of this highly offensive as I am from Ireland and not the same colour as any of you.
Only the Irish, and many of the Northern Scots, are the shade of Daz white with the hint of ultraviolet blue that really sets us apart.

Its a burden.

I spend hours on the beach just to turn white. The blue dazzles passing aircraft and ambulance men think we are taking the piss out of their flashy lights. I tell you, it is a cross to bear.

LD

:););)

Does it really matter? Black, white, pink, green, neon with shades of orange.....we all seem to have time to waste on this pointless thread. Mind you I find it highly amusing that a thread with a title such as this would be placed in the urband legends and folklore section.
I quote the great Aerosmith and their lyrics, "If you can judge a wise man on the colour of his skin, then sir you are a wiser man than I"

River_Styx said:
I quote the great Aerosmith and their lyrics, "If you can judge a wise man on the colour of his skin, then sir you are a wiser man than I"

Wasn't that Sham 69?

lorddrakul said:
I find all of this highly offensive as I am from Ireland and not the same colour as any of you.
Only the Irish, and many of the Northern Scots, are the shade of Daz white with the hint of ultraviolet blue that really sets us apart.
You're not the only ultraviolet paddy here, there's meself. I've learned to love it, only getting annoyed when some fool asks "where's your tan?" when I come back from my holliers. Like I'd mislaid my "normal" skin colour somewhere. It's like asking a black person "why are you that funny colour?". Strangely enough, it's only black and asian friends who ever ask me this. I think I wierd them out. :p

It's true actually. I dated an Irish girl once and she practically glowed in the dark she was so pale. I found it very attractive though. And I never lost her in the dark ;)

pail can indeed be sexxy. I've often traded on my vampiric pailness in the mateing game.

I purpousfully avoid the sun and try not to go to near the beach.

Black and asian pepole are sexy to it's only the fools who go for neon tans that have a silly skin colour. What is it with the sunbed tan? Is it some initiation ceremony?

I wish I had a girlfriend like Adrian.

At night, in bed together, I'd say ' Moved closer, love... I'm trying to read the Sunday papers'

Its a sickness with me......

pail can indeed be sexxy. I've often traded on my vampiric pailness in the mateing game.

Did you get buckets of offers:cool:

ho ho. nonoe's ever slaged off my speling before...

ok, pale then.

(like the cat)
:eek:

i'm getting darker! its the suns rays, they are changing, are you changing color too? i bet you are, the shadow people have always been here. they dont like the sun either...... paper airplanes spray to make them go away..........look up.

rynner said:

I saw that program, and the follow-up one where an Asian and a white woman were made up.

The best moment in the first program was when the white-made-black man was chatting to a group of black people and one woman turned to him and asked him where he was from. He said 'London' or something like that, and she said 'But where are your ancestors from?' - she'd totally forgotten he wasn't black.

The Asian girl in the second programme was very vocal about the racist attitude of white people, and rather irritating to be honest. She seemed to assume that all whites were inherently racist. That said, she was quite young - and I probably had similarly strong views when I was 18.
But the best moment was when she went out as a white girl with some Asian friends and was totally blanked by an Asian salesperson - she admitted to not having realised that racist attitudes could go both ways.
That said, I suspect the guy ignored her because she was being a loudmouth and a pain, rather than because of her skin colour. ;)

Back